Trade: [LAC/PHI] James Harden, PJ Tucker, Filip Petrusev for Marcus Morris, Nic Batum, Robert Covington, KJ Martin, 2028 1st, 2 2nds, swap

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
F9xF_TeX0AES6SH
Sounds like the Flyers

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Both teams lose. The 76ers have to win now, not in the future. They got nothing back for their star.

The Clippers are banking on Harden coming in and doing what, exactly? Being a 3rd or 4th option in the starting lineup? Coming off the bench? There's only one ball and now there are FOUR alphas. This should go... well?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It’s also not like the Clippers gave up much at all. That first is the most valuable piece but it’s also 5 years away. Batum is probably the best player from the Clippers side.

Both teams lose. The 76ers have to win now, not in the future. They got nothing back for their star.

The Clippers are banking on Harden coming in and doing what, exactly? Being a 3rd or 4th option in the starting lineup? Coming off the bench? There's only one ball and now there are FOUR alphas. This should go... well?
How do the Clippers lose? Who are these four alphas? What the f*** are you even talking about

Kawhi, George, and Russ have coexisted just fine. Add Harden and they’ll still be fine.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It’s also not like the Clippers gave up much at all. That first is the most valuable piece but it’s also 5 years away. Batum is probably the best player from the Clippers side.

How do the Clippers lose? Who are these four alphas? What the f*** are you even talking about

Kawhi, George, and Russ have coexisted just fine. Add Harden and they’ll still be fine.
Holy cowboy, take a chill pill and relax.

I doubt this is going to work for the Clippers. Westbrook has fit in well but I doubt Harden does. We've already seen Harden/Westbrook didn't work in Houston once before. Now he's on a team with two guys much better than he is right now. He brings negative value defensively and is at best the third best option on offense despite needing the ball in his hands to create.

Reactions: Voight

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Holy cowboy, take a chill pill and relax.

I doubt this is going to work for the Clippers. Westbrook has fit in well but I doubt Harden does. We've already seen Harden/Westbrook didn't work in Houston once before. Now he's on a team with two guys much better than he is right now. He brings negative value defensively and is at best the third best option on offense despite needing the ball in his hands to create.
“Relax” I’m fine. You just made claims and didn’t back them up and then continued with crap.

So basically he fits perfectly because he doesn’t need to worry about creating everything and can fit perfectly with one of the best defensive teams in the league. Your logic makes 0 sense.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
“Relax” I’m fine. You just made claims and didn’t back them up and then continued with crap.

So basically he fits perfectly because he doesn’t need to worry about creating everything and can fit perfectly with one of the best defensive teams in the league. Your logic makes 0 sense.
Clearly you're not fine big boy. Especially since - if we're using your logic - you also haven't backed anything up other than "they have coexisted just fine" so really, we're both just shouting into the wind at this point about a bunch of nothing now aren't we?

No, he doesn't fit perfectly because Harden is a creator with the ball, not off the ball. You also don't hide hideous defenders like Harden. He's going to be attacked over and over again, and when the inevitable ~30-35 games missed from George/Kawhi happens it's going to be even more difficult on the Clippers.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Clearly you're not fine big boy. Especially since - if we're using your logic - you also haven't backed anything up other than "they have coexisted just fine" so really, we're both just shouting into the wind at this point about a bunch of nothing now aren't we?

No, he doesn't fit perfectly because Harden is a creator with the ball, not off the ball. You also don't hide hideous defenders like Harden. He's going to be attacked over and over again, and when the inevitable ~30-35 games missed from George/Kawhi happens it's going to be even more difficult on the Clippers.
You seem to be the only one worked up here.

Harden obviously wears out as the season goes on. He won’t be relied on to create every single shot.

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Sixers better draft well because they got bums.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Looking forward to Harden re-signing on a 2 year deal and then asking to be traded before the ink is dry on it.

Not sure I'd go all in on a core like this but if everyones healthy. maybe they get lucky.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
If Kawhi is healthy (pretty big farking if, I know) Harden is completely irrelevant. Kawhi on one leg won a playoff game against Booker and K-D last year, absolutely clowning KD in the process.

They've become a meme with the injuries and load management stuff but IF Kawhi and George are healthy, the only team in the West that is a notch above is Denver.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Not taking sides, but Daryl Morey is burning bridges left right and center promising people stuff

Chris Haynes reporting
he said to Danny Green take a pay cut, and we'll keep you on the roster.
he takes a paycut
then they cut him

christ haynes just saying he's gonna find it tough for morey to keep promising people things trying to fit under the cap then never doing it.
as stuff like that doesnt sit well with players, as danny green is an extremely popular around the league.

word travels fast in the NBA

Reactions: Voight

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Not taking sides, but Daryl Morey is burning bridges left right and center promising people stuff

Chris Haynes reporting
he said to Danny Green take a pay cut, and we'll keep you on the roster.
he takes a paycut
then they cut him

christ haynes just saying he's gonna find it tough for morey to keep promising people things trying to fit under the cap then never doing it.
as stuff like that doesnt sit well with players, as danny green is an extremely popular around the league.

word travels fast in the NBA
I didn't see this report but the Sixers just signed Green as a free agent for the vet minimum so I'm not sure how he could take a pay cut. He wasn't under contract to the Sixers last year.

Sep 19, 2008
Harris undersaw the Process which was hard and difficult but they got Embiid and 5 straight playoff years.

It did not fail.
Harris inherited total **** with the Sixers who had looked awful prior to his management. Under his leadership he turned them around into one of the most profitable teams in the NBA.

I mean we should hate Philly here but let's be real.

This is also why I trust him in Washington. The guy picks up failed franchises like run down homes, and renovates them into something profitable.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I didn't see this report but the Sixers just signed Green as a free agent for the vet minimum so I'm not sure how he could take a pay cut. He wasn't under contract to the Sixers last year.
They just showed it on TNT
It was his signing bonus
He said to green we have to do it for tax purposes.lowered from $600k to $200k and cut him right after this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad