Speculation: LA/Washington

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Caps have been heavily scouting the Kings over the past week, which could be related to their upcoming game. However, they had a scout at the Ontario game which is a little out of the ordinary.

GMBM has stated on multiple occasions now that he is open to a “hockey trade” and Burakovsky’s name has been constantly speculated. He has also said he’d be open to moving a D prospect for a forward prospect. What is LA looking to move that possibly could be in the AHL?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Hard to say, LA should be moving established veterans for youth, guys like hagelin, thompson, lewis, carter, martinez, quick etc. Perhaps the caps are looking to top up a trade with a kid from the reign

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Forward wise it’s slim pickings... Maybe Rempal?? In the big club it’s Toffoli, Carter, Kovakchuk... defensively, Martinez, Fantenberg, LaDue, Phaneuf

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
It has to be Hagelin + for Burakovsky. The rumor was your GM is looking to help the 3rd line and PK unit. Which is what Hagelin could do for you guys.

Burakovsky would add more skill and speed to LA. Which is what LA needs.

Reactions: Blades of Steel

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
There’s zero chance the Kings are trading anyone in Ontario. Unless the Capitals are looking at Martinez, it would have to be an NHL forward. Toffoli? Kovalchuk? Hagelin? Carter? Possibly a bottom-six forward like Thompson or Lewis?

Reactions: go4hockey

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Burakovsky is going to cost LA a wee bit more than one of their 30-something UFA's. Maybe Martinez if LA wants to totally gut their D.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Burakovsky is going to cost LA a wee bit more than one of their 30-something UFA's. Maybe Martinez if LA wants to totally gut their D.
Burakovsky + what for Martinez?? You’d be a fool if you think it’s a straight swap.. at worse it’s 2- 2nds for Amart with the Boyle trade having increased the value of any decent player!

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Burakovsky + what for Martinez?? You’d be a fool if you think it’s a straight swap.. at worse it’s 2- 2nds for Amart with the Boyle trade having increased the value of any decent player!

Settle down dude!!!

If the kings think he has 25 goal potential they could swap him 1-1. Who knows? Martinez is 31 going on 32 so to get a 24 year-old with potential would be a pretty good deal for the Kings. Of course, it will take the Kings a decade to reconstruct what would be the worst D in the league but I know that doesn't matter.

Reactions: LAKings88

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Settle down dude!!!

If the kings think he has 25 goal potential they could swap him 1-1. Who knows? Martinez is 31 going on 32 so to get a 24 year-old with potential would be a pretty good deal for the Kings. Of course, it will take the Kings a decade to reconstruct what would be the worst D in the league but I know that doesn't matter.

If i was a ducks fan, i'd be more worried how the flames would fit Quick under the cap next year if they trade for him

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
There’s zero chance the Kings are trading anyone in Ontario. Unless the Capitals are looking at Martinez, it would have to be an NHL forward. Toffoli? Kovalchuk? Hagelin? Carter? Possibly a bottom-six forward like Thompson or Lewis?

Eh, there's plenty of guys in Ontario that aren't going to much more than career AHLers. If we're trading the vets you mentioned for prospects we need to make some room in Ontario for them to play.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Perhaps Washington is looking at Budaj in Ontario. Copley has played pretty well for them, but a contender generally doesn't want to go into the playoffs with such an inexperienced backup. Budaj has lots of NHL experience, mostly as a backup. He's been bad this year, but the team has been bad and both Cal Petersen and Jack Campbell have similar numbers down there, yet much better numbers in LA. Perhaps Washington is thinking that he'll play better for them and it'll be worth a shot because he'll come really cheap.

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
It's nice to know that so many kings posters are absolutely obsessed with everything I say. They don't have much in the way of intelligent responses but excel at snarkiness and immaturity. Congrats on joining the club.

Last I checked bandwagon,its you that creeps over to the Kings board stalking our posters.:laugh:

Last edited:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Last I checked bandwagon,its you that creeps over to the Kings board stalking our posters.:laugh:

ah, another one...you guys must get alerts whenever and wherever I post. well, to be factual I don't stalk any posters...no one is interesting enough to be stalked. I try to engage in interesting discussion about the team since I have followed them in one form or another for the last 45 years. I realize that talking about anything other than the upcoming tank doesn't poll well these days but that's ok.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I wonder if there’s any chance the Caps would be looking at Matt Moulson playing in Ontario. His deal is expiring and he’s almost a point per game player in the AHL.

Another Ontario guy Washington could be looking at is D Alex Lintuniemi as John Hoven said several teams were interested in him and he doesn’t think he’s in the Kings plans going forward.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
I wouldnt be too happy if the guy we ”upgrade” our 3rd line with is Hagelin. Burakovsky isnt getting much done (except his getting into one of his ”fool you guys three times” hot streaks) but Hagelin isnt really much better. No point messing up with the locker room for that.

Bottom liner could be in process. We have punch of pretty decent bottom liners as for now, but we are still missing Beagle a lot. We could use FO-PK special guy. Is Thompson that? 53.1% might help us, if it comes cheap and makes sense.

Toffoli might be interesting, but i doubt Kings would let him go. And 4,6 mills is hard fitter for next years cap too.

Cant see the need for Martinez. Our top4 remains for next season and we dont have the luxury to put 4 millions into our nr5.

Budaj is easy pass. We are going to trust Copley, thats why we gave him 3 years like a week ago.

Dont really know. Maybe it indeed could be Moulson. Makes sense for Hershey. They are making a push to make a push and they could use a PPG guy there.

We arent really a match here. Its interesting they are scouting Kings much, but could it be most of it is just because Kings happen to be at the same neihgbourhood our scouts are at the same timeframe? If something happens id put my bets on Nate Thompson & an AHL guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hivemind

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Burakovsky is far from a perfect player, but he has a high skill level, shows it in flashes, and his hustle level has been up lately. There's a threshold bar to scale.

They're going to look at upgrades, but it has to actually be an upgrade to follow through, and a lot of the proposals making the rounds don't do that among forwards.

I'm more interested personally in the idea of trading him for a dependable veteran defenseman. As much as the Caps are loaded with talented young defense, the team could satisfy an immediate need at the position for a veteran. That's typically not worth a good young NHL player, though. That's worth a pick in Round 2-4 for a pending UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad