Rumor: LA to host 2017 All-Star Game and not Leafs

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Leafs got the All-Star game and had three players on the team a few years ago. That's good enough for me.

The draft is better anyways

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It makes sense consdering they have a ton of other festivities all around. Isn't it the Kings 50th anniversary anyway? Give them the most useless thing.

Toronto have the WJC's (or at least part of it), will likely get the Winter Classic at BMO field and the draft. They also have the NBA all-star game I think (not hockey related, I understand...)?

I was a little upset myself at the time but looking at it now, it's not that bad.

Myke

Jun 9, 2006
Toronto/Ottawa
www.myke.org
It makes sense consdering they have a ton of other festivities all around. Isn't it the Kings 50th anniversary anyway? Give them the most useless thing.

Toronto have the WJC's (or at least part of it), will likely get the Winter Classic at BMO field and the draft. They also have the NBA all-star game I think (not hockey related, I understand...)?

I was a little upset myself at the time but looking at it now, it's not that bad.

If we do actually get the Winter Classic and if we do actually get the Draft. I agree that the ASG is the least of it and the more I think about it you are right but I was definitely peeved when I first read it.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Gotta share the wealth. Pittsburgh, St Louis and Philadelphia are celebrating 50 years too. Toronto had the ASG and Draft in 2002 because it was 75 years as the "Maple Leafs"

Next year maybe be our 100 years as a franchise but only marks 90 years as the Maple Leafs. The league has zero excuse not to give us all the event in 2027 (except maybe a lockout or something).

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario

The NBA all-star game is 2016 (this February). Shouldn't impact the Leafs.

Toronto will also have the World Cup of Hockey, which is from mid September to first week October. Babcock will be coach for Canada. Having international hockey in this city, with NHL stars, is probably the biggest win of them all, IMO.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Who cares about the All Star game. It's the least relevant of all the desired events.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Gotta share the wealth. Pittsburgh, St Louis and Philadelphia are celebrating 50 years too. Toronto had the ASG and Draft in 2002 because it was 75 years as the "Maple Leafs"
LA had the all-star game in 2002 :teach:

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Well, the nhl knows no matter how they treat Toronto, Toronto will still make money for them.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The Leafs hosted the All-Star game only twice in the last 50 years.

1968 and 2000.

That's it.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Winter Classic at BMO Field >>>>> All-Star Game

Id also take the draft over the ASG.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Taking a moment to think made me realize that Montreal only got the ASG and the draft in their centennial year. We're getting the World Cup (way better than the ASG), the Winter Classic, and either the 2017 or 2018 draft. That's actually way better than what Montreal got.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I can sense the fury in the title of this thread

Who cares about the ASG? It's not like they're going to host every event in Toronto, there are other teams with important milestones to celebrate coming up

mikebel111*

Not a big deal IMO

We get the draft and Winter Classic, right?

Oedi

Dec 18, 2005
Richmond Hill, ON
If the ASG actually meant something then maybe I would be concerned. However this just proves how bush league the NHL is compared to other leagues where they actually honour the teams that started the leagues.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
If the ASG actually meant something then maybe I would be concerned. However this just proves how bush league the NHL is compared to other leagues where they actually honour the teams that started the leagues.

So you don't care because the ASG doesn't matter, but in the next sentence how dare they?

I don't follow if you're mad or not...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad