La Presse: Daigneault said PK will be on the PK

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
PK + Plex/Eller...

That's actually a great way to keep a PP in check, make them scared to lose the puck.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It's like people don't remember or choose to forget how great Subban has performed on the PK when used in that role.

Exactly.

Daigneault is so hilarious, he talks like this an new idea he just came up with. PK did marvelous on the PK under Jacques Martin. He always was capable of doing it. I hate when deciders are slow at getting somewhere.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
What's scary about this management team is that they seem to want to take credit for things they had nothing to do with. "PK's more mature and ready now for a larger role, he's developed nicely since I've been GM" bla bla bla. PK was excelling at these things before this group ever got here.

I'm getting tired of them patting themselves on the back to be honest.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Sure he improved as an overall player, not saying otherwise. Just that they're talking as if they're doing something innovative by putting him on the PK, as if they're taking a chance with it but they believe in him, when the guy was a really good player there 3 years ago already and they just decided to take him away from it...

What a crazy thing eh, as a player gets older/wiser more experienced he continues to improve as a player. Who would have thunk it? PK was a stud long before these guys ever got here. I know you're agreeing, I'm just re-enforcing your point.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
so instead of 2mins of PP and no pk it could be 1 minute each? I'd be pretty cool with that, by the end of every PP last year the guy could hardly skate.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Plus, it's time Price gets some Vezina consideration.
Price is to the Vezina as Drew Doughty is to the Norris. Well deserving player who's had some really solid seasons but there's been other players with better numbers on any given year.

If Price has another season like he did last year, I think you could see him winning the Vezina even if there's another one off guy with a brilliant season. Ditto with Doughty. If their numbers are close, they'll get the award.

As for PK, I really hope he has a killer year. He just takes way too much criticism for what he does on the ice. I hope the dump and chase goes away and I hope the team finally backs off with him. Just let the guy play. No more benchings, no more calling him out in the press. If he makes a mistake, live with it and move on. We've got to stop treating him as though he's a rookie who needs to "learn" how to play the game.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
It's like people don't remember or choose to forget how great Subban has performed on the PK when used in that role.

Exactly. Couldn't someone just show JJ and MT videos of PK playing on the PK? Maybe some stats? Analytics? I don't know why it's taken two years for them to figure this out.

Saintpatrick*

Exactly. Couldn't someone just show JJ and MT videos of PK playing on the PK? Maybe some stats? Analytics? I don't know why it's taken two years for them to figure this out.

He's had to earn everything with this management group this is just one more thing.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
PK has always been unbelievable at playing shorthanded.

His stats back that up 100%.

I hate how he went from one of Martin's most used PK'ers to one of the least used under Therrien and co.

Using him like this does free him up for more offensive minutes though.

Him and Plekanec are the best PK'ers on the team bar none.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
And that's why this is a good management group. When you have to earn something you appreciate it a lot more than when it's handed to you on a silver platter.

No.

Maybe a better way to put it would be to say that Subban had to re-earn everything with them.

He played on the PK 3 years ago and we had a top unit in the league. Why should he "earn" the right to play on the PK now? Nonsense.

It's bad management to not properly recognize the value of your assets.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
No.

Maybe a better way to put it would be to say that Subban had to re-earn everything with them.

He played on the PK 3 years ago and we had a top unit in the league. Why should he "earn" the right to play on the PK now? Nonsense.

It's bad management to not properly recognize the value of your assets.

They never said he had to earn it, they said he will be on it. The rest is the tin foil hat parade being its usual paranoid self.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I'm fine with him being used in all situations.

I just hope the coaching staff monitors his minutes and keeps his average under 25. The last thing we need is a tired or injured PK come playoffs.

PK's game is based on his physical strength, from his skating strides to his shots to his bodychecks, so when he starts playing 26-27-28 minutes, we start to notice diminishing returns.

Having Beaulieu and Gilbert should help theM avoid playing PK for 2 mins on every PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad