La Presse: Daigneault said PK will be on the PK

PricePkPatch*

Seen this morning in La Presse.

Basically, here is a rough translation of Daigneault's quote:

"It's something that we will work on this year. He did well when he played on the PK last year. For this sort of task, it takes players who anticipate, who defends well and reads the play. PK has all that."

The article has other interesting bits. Kind of how having everyone playing on their side will help the transition play, that Emelin will probably the winner of that new state of facts.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Not a bad idea. He'll be on the second wave of the penalty kill I bet.

He has so much energy and he rarely gives up on a play, I think this will be good. It might mean that he has less energy for rushing up the ice sometimes, but overall it will be good for him and the team I think.

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
The quality athlete that Pk is will probably not diminish his rushing ability....
With Murry and Josh gone , we do kinda need Pk on the pk.
After all, we don't want to to overload Markov with pk minutes.
Also, this may be a bit of Captain seasoning for him.
You know, having him able to play in all situations.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He was one of the go to PK players when the Habs had a top end PK unit in 11/12.

PricePkPatch*

It just means less PP time and this is where having Gilbert & Beaulieu instead of Gorges or Bouillon on the 2nd PP unit becomes important.

The article do specify that PK's PK Time will be cut back if there is plenty of Power Plays

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
when we had a top 5 pk, he was a go to guy.

he should'v always been on the pk.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
He gets an A, a long term, lucrative deal, and now PK time? How could this be? I thought he was definitely a scapegoat on this team? :sarcasm:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Seen this morning in La Presse.

Basically, here is a rough translation of Daigneault's quote:

"It's something that we will work on this year. He did well when he played on the PK last year. For this sort of task, it takes players who anticipate, who defends well and reads the play. PK has all that."

The article has other interesting bits. Kind of how having everyone playing on their side will help the transition play, that Emelin will probably the winner of that new state of facts.

I don't mind if he gets PK reps, but I would monitor it...a guy who plays like he does you want to use his minutes and ice time in a way where he can generate offense. PK minutes should go to Weaver Emelin Markov Gilbert and maybe Tinordi when/if he plays.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
when we had a top 5 pk, he was a go to guy.

he should'v always been on the pk.

Why waste his energy on PK? The PK was among the best last year and he barely had any minutes...1 goal against from being 2nd overall(finshed 4th).

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Do not support, especially if our PK strategy is going to be based on blocking shots. Don't send a Ferrari out to do pickup truck's job.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
But I read on the main board that his defensive game is atrocious. Just kidding, that word is too big for the main board.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Do not support, especially if our PK strategy is going to be based on blocking shots. Don't send a Ferrari out to do pickup truck's job.

That Ferrari did the job two years ago on the #1 PK unit. Doughty, Keith, Weber, are all on PK duty. He has proven he can handle it as well. This guy needs to be on the ice 26-27 minutes a game

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's like people don't remember or choose to forget how great Subban has performed on the PK when used in that role.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's great on the penalty kill. Given our options I don't see how he couldn't be used there.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Great, we need him to play in every situation.

Surprisingly, I like pretty much every decision MB and co have made coming into camp this year, this and chucky at C...hope it lasts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00