Confirmed with Link: [LA/MTL] Robert Czarnik for Steve Quailer

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Like everyone, I don't care about this non-deal.

What is mildly amusing is that with only a few hours to go on a deadline where all GMs are supposedly willing to do something before the Olympics, someone on MB's staff (or worse, himself) thought it would be worthy to spend time discussing inconsequential AHL scrubs, rather than focusing on those kind of assets that have actual or foreseable NHL impact.

If Czarnik was deemed important enough to be on the agenda today, it doesn't bode well for those imaginary pre-freeze deals. :sarcasm:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
1384186346746.gif

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't think Qualier will amount to much (his injury really killed his development), but the few times I'd see Qualier this year - he looked solid enough.

Don't know anything about Czarnik over the past few years though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe the plan is to slowly move up the draft by exchanging the picks for higher ones.

Barter Kings style :sarcasm:

Imagine the poor saps on that show who bartered stuff way below value to the likes of simpletons Antonio and Steve.

And the saps then watching the program with family and friends: "This is the story of how I got ****ed over by Antonio and Steve!"

If Bergevin is doing the trade-up thing, he's going to have to learn the post-deal fist bump:

Barter.Kings.S02E02.jpg

:sarcasm:

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
LMFAO !!! .....

Another great move by our super GM ! sick ! Fo real....... ANOTHER minor move omfg....

DeSantis, Halpern, Drewiske, Parros, Murray, Thomas, Brière, Weise and now Czarnik !!! hahahaahah

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
omg MB is the worst gm ever, we just got ripped off.

Im actually surprised the kings wanted Qualier maybe for their ECHL team.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
Another useless trade. This is getting ridiculous. Maybe Bergevin thinks he's suppose to build the Dogs into a cup champion and not the Habs.

Congrats!

Bergevin is a jerk. He knows that these kinds of trades makes us waste half our day writing about how inconsequential it is. ;)

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
Also whats telling is that one person, that's right, ONE, wrote about the trade on the Kings board. :laugh:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Wild guess: one of those 2 players is a bad apple with bad influence in the locker room.

safe guess: useless trade that will have no impact even at the ECHL level.

mrcontractor*

I'm disappointed...I mean, really disappointed...that this thread is only at page 6

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Are people serious about complaining about this trade or is this board just a giant troll competition now? In every single thread there's a #firetherrien or #firebergevin discussion no matter the context and it's gotten so ridiculous that I feel as though many posters can't actually be serious.

Most are just joking right? I find it difficult to pick up sarcasm on these boards and it just blends in anyways because there is a contingent of fans that will complain no matter what happens. Who would honestly be upset about MB making an organizational depth move that any other teams fans wouldn't even bother to talk about? Every team makes these small transactions, no other GM is told he sucks or should be fired or whatever because of it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm disappointed...I mean, really disappointed...that this thread is only at page 6

Mr. Contractor**, I heard that if we pay you "under the table", you can make this thread reach page 20 within seconds. :sarcasm:

** Note: has not yet appeared nor is slated to be summoned in front of the Charbonneau Commission. Any association with other corrupt construction types, is purely coincidental.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
So we trade a 6'4 guy for a 6'0 player ? Why am I not surprised. Typical Montreal.

Kristo trade 2.0

:sarcasm:

mrcontractor*

Mr. Contractor**, I heard that if we pay you "under the table", you can make this thread reach page 20 within seconds. :sarcasm:

** Note: has not yet appeared nor is slated to be summoned in front of the Charbonneau Commission. Any association with other corrupt construction types, is purely coincidental.

Sign me up! I mean the Diaz trade went to 3 different threads :amazed:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who would honestly be upset about MB making an organizational depth move that any other teams fans wouldn't even bother to talk about? Every team makes these small transactions, no other GM is told he sucks or should be fired or whatever because of it.

The trade is but a glitch on the radar screen.

The only reason it's receiving as much collateral sarcasm has more to do with the impending trade freeze and rumors that have been gathering steam over the past couple of days especially, about a more significant deal arising with the Kings.

Had they made this deal at some more meaningless juncture, I'm guessing it would have been more appropriately perceived as regular maintenance and housekeeping, with a lesser dose of sarcasm (cause as Habs fans, we can't completely repress the urge). :sarcasm:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
You guys seem like a bunch of trolls. For that, I will give you info.

Czarnik can play wing or center. Good defensively, very limited offensive upside. Good skater. If he makes the NHL, its as a 4th liner. Hustles, works hard, but went from an every day guy to start the year to sitting in the press box when guys on tryout contracts were playing over him. Our Manch coach likely didn't trust him but in the games he played, he really was fine. Just no future here. Likely asked for a trade but I can find that out this weekend.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe we can eventually move up to Steven Stamkos lol

Bergevin has already dispatched Barter Kings' Antonio to get it done.

Antonio's pitch (same as in every show):

What are you going to do with this failed Olympian with one good leg? It's not as if you've been using him over the past couple of months. Plus, he can't even heal fast enough and completely well, he's clearly a liability. :sarcasm:

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
You guys seem like a bunch of trolls. For that, I will give you info.

Czarnik can play wing or center. Good defensively, very limited offensive upside. Good skater. If he makes the NHL, its as a 4th liner. Hustles, works hard, but went from an every day guy to start the year to sitting in the press box when guys on tryout contracts were playing over him. Our Manch coach likely didn't trust him but in the games he played, he really was fine. Just no future here. Likely asked for a trade but I can find that out this weekend.

Quailer is viewed as a power forward with potential NHL upside. He has a fairly complete skill set, having good hands, a powerful skating stride, very good puck protection and good balance to go along with his large 6'4 frame.

so, MB traded future power forward for a potential 4-th liner? :shakehead: :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad