La liga part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The point is that he is a surefire top 1 or 2 midfielder in the world. Likely means that there is something to argue there, do tell who in their right mind is going to argue against Modrić not being at worst the 2nd best in the world?

Now were just arguing semantics but you said top midfielder and that's not what Evilo was referring to. That's all I'm saying.

Also Ascacibar and Paredes boom 2 midfielders better than Modric.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The point is that he is a surefire top 1 or 2 midfielder in the world. Likely means that there is something to argue there, do tell who in their right mind is going to argue against Modrić not being at worst the 2nd best in the world?
Yes it's likely, as in the majority of cases. Some people will like more offensive players (KDB) or more defensive players (Busquets).
So yeah, except for Messi and Ronaldo I think it's very possible someone doesn't rate a player top 2. Nothing outlandish in that.

kov

Jul 5, 2002
NYC
Real Madrid FC have clearly locked up all their fucks safely away back home.

Nobody gives any at el Sanchez Pizjuan tonight.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Finally caught up with the Clasico. Very pleased with the team's performance all things considered. It barely looked as though they were down a man for half the match.

As for the post match drama, despite Ramos' bullshit laden narrative, I don't doubt for a second that Messi had a go at the ref during halftime. More power to him and Messi was right to do so considering the refs performance. Messi isn't afraid to call out the bullshit refereeing. Hilarious how Messi not only emasculated Ramos on the pitch yet again but also now off of it as well. Proud as always of Pique as well for calling it like it is.

Sadly didn't get a chance to see today's match (yet). I did take a look at the goals though and Dembele looked well involved. Thrilled to see him on the score sheet and he essentially assisted Coutinho. Nice golazo from Dembele too.

Madrid match looks very interesting on paper. Madrid down 3-0. Ramos, who has been sent off how many times in his career and who should have been sent at least twice as much as that figure, gets his first yellow card. Now whether or not that really should have been his first or his fifth, I don't know. He then scores an own goal. The Madrid score, but they also get a penalty in the 94th minute that he scores. Again, didn't see the match, but you've got to love it on paper and I can only imagine what went on.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dembele having a bad season was one of the dumbest takes in European football this season. Glad those people are now stepping back from that ludicrous take.

Reactions: les Habs

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dembele is one of my favourite talents on the planet. I like him more than Mbappe actually, though it remains to be seen if he can fulfill it anyone giving up on him at this stage seems pretty silly to me. If Barcelona truly would let him go to Liverpool (sounds completely fabricated) that would be welcomed with open arms. Dembele will be a top 5 player in the world at some point in the near future, IMO.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wow, you never praised him that much until today.
Must be the Liverpool link :D
Pretty sure I've always had nice things to say about Dembele (except maybe in how he handled leaving Dortmund). I also know he's not coming to Liverpool.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He can be a top 5 because he has the tools. Will some coach make him more consistant? That's the question. The other question is does he have the brains to take that next step?
Mbappe has all of this. Mbappe will dominate. If placed as striker, he'll beat some other records.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Who beat Barcelona? Sorry for the ignorance, but my son has gotten into soccer in a big way so I am trying to learn what I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad