La liga part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I wonder if Montella will survive the season. I thought he was going to be sacked last week. Now they've lost to Levante (albeit away) thus missing the opportunity to draw level on points with Villarreal. Villarreal also now have a game in hand. That said I think they still get a place in the Europa League if we win the league, though I'm not entirely positive on that point. Anyway, they haven't won since mid March. Meanwhile Betis have been on a tear.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I think it's stupid we play 4 hours after Atletico tomorrow

I can totally see Simeone rotate and rest players for the Arsenal return, also Alaves have been pretty good lately so I wouldn't be surprised if they get at least a point, which would win us the title without even playing

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Denis is the best Suarez at barca.

Messi gunning for Salah's throne.

Now only the Classico to play for. Sit every other game please!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Gerry needs to put that last chance away if he's going to show a manita again.

Depor definitely made a match of it in the second half until the third goal.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Finally got around to the Copa Final. Wonderful atmosphere at the Wanda to start off the match. Really shows how big the cup is in Spain. Though perhaps the Bernabeu would have been a better setting with Barça supporters' shirts being confiscated. Anyway, this edition was the Copa don Andres. Thrilled to see him score a nice goal like that and he had a good match overall. He nearly had a second goal and did well playing in Alba on the second goal. Definitely still has it to keep going, but I understand the move to China. Globetrotters stuff at times with Messi of course at it as always pulling the strings and scoring. People talk about the season he's having in comparison to other players, but none of those other players are the playmaker he is and yet he puts up the same goalscoring numbers. On top of that none of those other guys would deliver this sort of performance. Suarez had a good match and was competitive as he always is. Cillessen was excellent making a nice save at one stage and of course providing that ball to Coutinho on the first goal. Sadly I would think he's gone in the Summer as someone will surely come in for him as good as he's been for us. Also want to highlight Alba's assist. Excellent no-look back pass to Messi. That's at least his sixth assist of Messi this season and he still probably has the most assists of any LB in a major league for the past how many years. Still you rarely hear about him.

I have to note that the atmosphere amongst the players still looks very strong. Sure there are closer relationships within the group, but overall there still seems to be a really strong team element. Coutinho rightly being given the penalty when Suarez was chasing a hat trick and with Messi chasing records says a lot. Then you've also got the players and their kids and their families after the match. While that may not be unheard of, it doesn't seem as prevalent at other clubs. Part of that is an age thing, but I think the atmosphere is important for the squad to get on and do their jobs.

Denis is the best Suarez at barca.

No, and as the kids like to say "and it's not even close." Go watch the Copa Final and how he gamed Mercado, who should have been sent off in the first half as a result (and who should have been sent off in the second as well, but that's not the point). Suarez started the season a bit slow and I'd have liked more from him in the CL, but he's had a very good season overall and there's still time for him to get thirty goals in the league (though I don't think he will). Ideally he'll be around for a while yet even if a replacement comes in, but I don't think he'd accept a backup role when the time comes.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No, and as the kids like to say "and it's not even close." Go watch the Copa Final and how he gamed Mercado, who should have been sent off in the first half as a result (and who should have been sent off in the second as well, but that's not the point). Suarez started the season a bit slow and I'd have liked more from him in the CL, but he's had a very good season overall and there's still time for him to get thirty goals in the league (though I don't think he will). Ideally he'll be around for a while yet even if a replacement comes in, but I don't think he'd accept a backup role when the time comes.

It was definitely tongue and cheek.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
How am I supposed to surmise that when you bag on Suarez all the time, actually want to sign Isco and think Messi shouldn't play every remaining minute of the season so he can waste his Summer in Russia? FFS man, get serious!

You're not supposed to surmise... I meant to post it knowing it would get a reaction from you lol. Suarez is declining but I don't think Denis has a future with barca. No more than a role position anyway...and that remains to be seen.

Isco is a beauty... just got caught into a bad crowd. Don't be too hard on the boy, he'll hopefully find his way.

As for Messi he has bigger fish to fry in the summer than beating up on minnows such as Madrid on Sunday.

All he has to do is beat Spain in the quarters, Germany in the Semis and France in the finals....If he gets through Denmark that is. Done and done.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
That was a beautiful counter from Barcelona. Down Marcelo's side again.

Ronaldo equalizes, great play.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's unbelievable how good Barca is at Camp Nou considering how much of a library the stadium is filled with plastic Asian fans.

Lol thug fight between Ramos and Suarez.

Barca been the better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad