La liga part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
this is a good point, Real will be worn more thin, plus they have a league game to make up some time (though Barca has the copa final too)

Real's CL run (if its deep) is miles above what Barca has in their Cup game, but that said, schedule is no exuse for Real at this point...

As long as they're not winning games due to stuff like Bale pulled off last night, they can blame noone but themselves.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Thing about Madrid's match in hand, or at least one of them, was that they had a match postponed not too long ago and it wasn't for fixture congestion. At the time I didn't think that would do them any favors.

Real's CL run (if its deep) is miles above what Barca has in their Cup game, but that said, schedule is no exuse for Real at this point...

As long as they're not winning games due to stuff like Bale pulled off last night, they can blame noone but themselves.

Exactly, just like Vidal's injury is no excuse for Barça. Clubs this size really don't have any excuses as far as the number of fixtures unless they're really decimated with injuries, but even then they have the cantera to rely on.

So in last 2 games Real have 4pts out of 6 instead of a deserved 0pt. Lucky *******.

Didn't look like luck.

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
Has to be said Ronaldo was onside. Makes the L even better.
Ahah take that! Plus the fact that we had THREE goals ruled off for being offside when at least 2 should have counted. That Barcelona propaganda really worked yesterday because the officiating was brutal. Bale deserved the red tho. I didn't see Pique complain on twitter about those offside calls. Anyway, great comeback for us, early stoppage by the ref too. Should have essily been 5 minutes ET plus he gave a yellow to a Palm Tree player for waisting time during stoppage time and still blew the whistle at 3 min.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Just checked in for the ending of Depor-Atleti. Anyone know what happened? Seems like a lengthy injury threatment and upset players?

Jul 7, 2009
Just checked in for the ending of Depor-Atleti. Anyone know what happened? Seems like a lengthy injury threatment and upset players?

Torres had to get stretchered off.

Not sure if it was the same incident though.

He has to stay overnight for observation after suffering serve head trauma.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ahah take that! Plus the fact that we had THREE goals ruled off for being offside when at least 2 should have counted. That Barcelona propaganda really worked yesterday because the officiating was brutal. Bale deserved the red tho. I didn't see Pique complain on twitter about those offside calls. Anyway, great comeback for us, early stoppage by the ref too. Should have essily been 5 minutes ET plus he gave a yellow to a Palm Tree player for waisting time during stoppage time and still blew the whistle at 3 min.

That's all great, assuming it's even accurate, but that sounds part and parcel of every Barça match. Against Atleti a penalty wasn't called and there should have been a red, but then I could see Busquets being sent off that match as well (for a potential second yellow). That of course was Lahoz, who despite what was said about City-Monaco was his usual poor at best self that match as well.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Of course, I meant Barca's Cup game as balancing out Real's extra league game

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lol of course a missed penalty for Barca. How does this guy get this match after the Villarreal /Madrid?

Messi what a a finish.

Offside on Ivan but flag stays down 3-0 barca.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Globetrotters today. Sure it was Celta, but they've beat us what, once each of the last three seasons? And while they weren't great, they probably should have had at least a goal. Of course we could have had a few more.

Best performance of the season? Certainly for Busquets. He looked like a toreador multiple times. Neymar phenomonal. Second best player in the World? His stats certainly don't tell the whole story considering how he gets the attacking three going. Messi Man of the Match.

Rakitic's goal was indeed offside, but ref missed a clear penalty and should have doled out two more yellow cards for Celta.

Loved Umiti's goal and the celebration. If you follow the papers they were doing rondos midweek in training and Umtiti and Paco lost out and they had to go down the line and get sort of hit on the head by the rest of the squad. Well Umtiti didn't look too keen before he did it. Anyway, you could see the atmosphere in the team and you could definitely see it today.

Have to feel for Sergi Gomez. He had a lot of good defensive actions, but he was just up against all match long. All things considered though I thought he was Celta's best player after maybe Aspas.

If they put in this sort of performance against PSG I won't care that they are eliminated.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Holy **** Osasuna/LPA has been hilarious. 3 goals by Las Palmas all due to ****** goalkeeping or an own goal by a defender.:laugh:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
**** that didn't look like a corner leading up to Deportivo's 2nd goal.:(

Messi has been crap since, i tuned in.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I expected Barcelona to come out flat today and they delivered. They were terrible out there. It was expected after a huge win against PSG but c'mon.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I have to say that Ter Stegen has been really solid for Barcelona.That Bravo sale has been a total win for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad