La Liga 2022-23

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Valencia reject coach showing why he shouldn’t be involved in football I guess

I saw that earlier. A few things:

--If De Jong (or anyone else if you look at his comment) isn't being paid then they should indeed pursue legal action, but I've seen nothing of him not being paid.
--If he's benched I doubt there'd be much if anything legally you could do to challenge that as it can be argued it's a sporting decision and you could cite sources from very early on in Xavi's tenure mentioning it.
--Best part I saw was another site forwarding this and it referred to Neville as "former Valencia manager".

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I have my issues with him but fair play to him. He’s willing to bend over backwards to help the team. Hope he and Lio can patch things up for 2023

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Apparently Lio's staff / family have had zero contact with Laporta since he left. Messi didn't like the way Laporta showed him the door, nor his words about playing for free.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I have my issues with him but fair play to him. He’s willing to bend over backwards to help the team. Hope he and Lio can patch things up for 2023

It is "easy" for him to do so, his money is already made. He is an older player at this point.

Good for him for "showing" the way, I guess. Honestly, I get it from a guy who has been at the club forever, but I would not expect it from anyone else.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It is "easy" for him to do so, his money is already made. He is an older player at this point.

Good for him for "showing" the way, I guess. Honestly, I get it from a guy who has been at the club forever, but I would not expect it from anyone else.
True plus he wants to be president some day. I expect biscuits to take a cut and hopefully Alba too.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Yes and no. Salaries were lower when he was younger and he was making nowhere near whomever you're liking referring to. I think it's "easy" for Pique to do because he has other income streams.

You mean good by him, and it's not good by him, it's great by him.

I beat you to it and posted about this yesterday in the friendlies thread. Did nothing wrong, indeed. However, as I've said about other players as well, he's just collecting a wage for not playing. It his fault? No. Does it call into question his ambition as a professional footballer? IMO, yes, so getting booed by the fans should be no surprise and posting that was just bad trolling.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's trolling because it hurts the Barca fans here to be compared to the disgusting Barca fans in the video?
I don't expect you guys to act this terribly.

But yeah disgusting behavior, one that I already pointed out for Umtiti and others.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's trolling because it hurts the Barca fans here to be compared to the disgusting Barca fans in the video?

But yeah disgusting behavior, one that I already pointed out for Umtiti and others.
Disgusting surely is an exaggeration? Lio was booed for being kicked out of CL…

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The whole team was booed for lack of effort (not that I liked it and I said so).
Here a guy is booed at the team's presentation because he accepted to come and was given a salary but now he's deemed surplus.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The whole team was booed for lack of effort (not that I liked it and I said so).
Here a guy is booed at the team's presentation because he accepted to come and was given a salary but now he's deemed surplus.
Nah messi was picked out in the game I watched. I believe neymar as well. No other player was booed.

He was always a surplus. Can’t just expect to sit on the bench collect a cheque and we all have to be happy about it. There are multiple offers for him to leave some even offering more than what he’s getting here. Some places he gets minutes to be finely tuned for the WC pick a lane. Mins or wages. Either way he will get no sympathy for riding the bench for no reason. It’s hardly comparable to what happened with Sam which is disgusting.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It is comparable since he was asked to come when he was needed. Now he's not needed, he's booed.
Say what you want about him but he's a good guy, with a great attitude. Maybe he has good reasons to stay. If Lewa gets injured he could get some minutes. Maybe his family has settled in Barcelona and don't want to leave.
Either way you don't boo your own player in the team presentation day.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It is comparable since he was asked to come when he was needed. Now he's not needed, he's booed.
Say what you want about him but he's a good guy, with a great attitude. Maybe he has good reasons to stay. If Lewa gets injured he could get some minutes. Maybe his family has settled in Barcelona and don't want to leave.
Either way you don't boo your own player in the team presentation day.
Sam was harassed outside the pitch on his on personal time as a civilian. Braithwaite at the camp nou as a barca player.... how is that comparable?

He may be the best person on the planet, I dont know him personally and not really relevant. Barca need to cut costs this is a business not a charity. If he wishes to stay at barca/barcelona he can reduce his wages not like he needs it for his family sake. He won't get minutes even if Lewa gets hurt, there's Auba, Depay who should be a goner too tbh. Then you have players who can play as a 9 in a pinch, Torres, Fati, Dembouz or Raphina. There's more than enough cover, he's not in the clubs plans for a reason.

Meh I probably wouldnt do it but its hardly disgusting.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

What's disgusting is collecting a paycheck when you know you're not going to see a minute of action. I'd boo him hard too

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Never seen a league or country so rattled Lmaoo. You have idiots like this random and Neville peddling made up facts. Pretty crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad