La Liga 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Exciting match today even after seeing it on replay and after already knowing the result. I would imagine quite entertaining for the neutral. Full credit to Betis who came to play. I thought Fekir, Akouokou, Emerson and to a lesser extent Juanmi and Iglesias all played well to some degree.

Very happy with our performance though. Not entirely perfect, but Koeman finally making some smart selections via substitutions and the team looked much better in the second half. Still a game of inches really and some top individual plays sealed the deal. A few thoughts:
  • Apart from missing that wide open header, that he should have at minimum put on target and really even put away, I thought Lenglet had a good match.
  • Dembele had a good match. His skill was on full display with some amazing individual moments. The way he created space and provided Messi with that assist though... Hopefully he keeps it up and Koeman gets the selection right so he can thrive with the right players around him.
  • Messi came and of course changed the match. Again, involved in every single goal to some degree. He really took his shot well though. To some it might not look like much, but have another look at the replay.
  • So happy for Trincao. Like I said after the Granada match, you can see the skill and the intelligence. On the own goal, he was in an offside position when Messi played the through ball but he just jumped over it and let it go to Alba who was the intended target all along. His goal though was fantastic. Takes the ball right off of Ruiz and in a split second takes that shot which was through traffic and it goes in off the bar. Even tighter than Messi's goal. And possibly a huge goal as well considering the title picture (though I still don't see Atleti losing the top spot).
  • Griezmann put in the work as always, but didn't offer a lot.
  • Braithwaite was practically non-existent, but as I've said before you either start him or Griezmann and the other should be on the bench. He's not suited to play out wide.
  • Pjanic...
  • More I see Migueza the more I like him. He'll probably never be a world beater, but we need squad players too. He works really hard and is more capable at RB that I'd have thought.
  • Again, Koeman needs to get the selection right. Absolutely zero reason he couldn't start Trincao and Dembele at the same time. Dembele on the left and Trincao on the right. I think it would have made a big difference overall and especially for Riqui and probably Alba too. He also could made different substitutions rather than putting De Jong at CB. He had Umtiti and Dest on the bench. I already covered Braithwaite and Griezmann.
  • I mentioned after one of the last matches, but again, seems to be a good spirit in the team. I also like that multiple players are stepping up and contributing.
  • Can't see us winning the league (thought there's still a long way to go) and I'm not even thinking of the CL much less the CL QFs, but the team is largely showing up when the chips are down of late. As much as it's been a tough couple of years and a downright shitshow at times, it's somewhat of an exciting time to be a Cule. A lot of young players coming through and delivering right now and we still get to enjoy Messi as well.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Unlikely according to you. You know, that's not called a fact or a proof.
According to me, it's more than likely because it was obvious watching the game that the guys in the middle would pad their passing stat. In fact I was frustrated by the fact they never tried a forward pass or something over the defense.
That stat didn't have ANY significance given how the game was played. Any midfielder could have done what he did in that game.
Anyone who watched the game without blinders can tell you that.

Puig's performance in that game was OK, nothing more and the fact he didn't try any forward pass (there were runs BTW) is in fact more of a negative than a positive.
Then again, if football amateurish fans over the world hype him over that passing stat, then by all means, he was right. He can continue to make lateral passes, I'm sure fans will use that stat to cry a little more.

It's not a fact that he completed 68 of 70 passes in 44 minutes? Then pray tell how many passes he completed out of how many attempts.
Who are these other guys in the middle that completed 68 of 70 passes in the same 44 minutes of that match? Better yet, who are these other guys in the middle who completed anywhere near 68 of 70 passes in any 44 minute stretch of that match?
So Puig had no significance? OK. Maybe next time we'll just play with 10 men and see how that works out. LOL at the "any midfielder" nonsense.
Well yeah, they can tell you that, like you are, but also like you they won't be able to back it up with anything but their opinion like you are.

His performance being OK, and the fact that you're stating as much, mean you clearly missed the point from the start. Of course I already know that and coupled with at best a poor inability to comprehend what your'e actually reading it doesn't surprise me that here we are.
So despite being played in the final 25 meters, according to you, there was also all these great runs that Puig failed to pick out? OK. Then again this is coming from the same guy who has come out and in part blamed Griezmann's relative failure at Barça on nobody picking out all his amazing runs which was almost entirely bullshit the moment you posted it.
Then again if amateurish football fans over the world who want to share their opinions on who the top 5 midfielders are. post things like Trincao is useless 8 days before he scores a late match-winning goal away during a title race or pretty much say that Yerry Mina would be fine in place of Lenglet at Barça then by all means they can continue to do so.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So many lies here it's not even funny.
How you can even write that and think you're making points is in fact worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad