La Liga 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow, this is such a lack of reading incomprehension it's incredible.
I never compared their impact on the game. I simply provided an analogy of interpreting data.
I highly doubt De Jong had as many passes in that 44 minute span because he was playing a different position on top of the fact they were only playing with one ball. You don't often get a lot of players playing that many passes in that short a period of time much less a full match.
You're right, it doesn't take a rocket scientist and yet you still figured it out despite my post not referencing that whatsoever. Congratulations.
Your analogy sucks.
Griez had a total impact on the game, stats or not.
Using that passing stat for Puig is just reaching. BIG TIME. And anyone who saw the game agrees except you.
I already told you Puig passed that many times because of the game situation.
Apparently, you're not a rock scientist, because that was obvious from the game. You said you watched it. Then watch it again. Puig spent his time passing left and right. And yes, he passed it to another midfielder. Maybe it was DJ, don't remember to be honest. But I'm sure that other midfielder had PLENTY of lateral passes too.

LATERAL PASSES FTW !!!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Your analogy sucks.
Griez had a total impact on the game, stats or not.
Using that passing stat for Puig is just reaching. BIG TIME. And anyone who saw the game agrees except you.
I already told you Puig passed that many times because of the game situation.
Apparently, you're not a rock scientist, because that was obvious from the game. You said you watched it. Then watch it again. Puig spent his time passing left and right. And yes, he passed it to another midfielder. Maybe it was DJ, don't remember to be honest. But I'm sure that other midfielder had PLENTY of lateral passes too.

LATERAL PASSES FTW !!!

LOL
Griezmann did have an impact. It took some time to get there, but yes he did. I know this because I watched the match and never said otherwise.
It's not reaching. It's fact. Feel free to actually quote anything I posted, word for word, and point out otherwise assuming you're even capable of doing so as I'm not confident you are at this stage.
And I already told you it's highly unlikely anyone else did during that same period of time. I also, multiple times now, pointed out what I posted that and the significance. Yet still here we are because you, the rocket scientist, can't sort out what I posted from what you took away from the tweet which is entirely differently. Lucky me.
You said you watched it, watch it again. Tell me who had as many passes in that period of time. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't De Jong.
READING INCOMPREHENSION FTW!

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Unlikely according to you. You know, that's not called a fact or a proof.
According to me, it's more than likely because it was obvious watching the game that the guys in the middle would pad their passing stat. In fact I was frustrated by the fact they never tried a forward pass or something over the defense.
That stat didn't have ANY significance given how the game was played. Any midfielder could have done what he did in that game.
Anyone who watched the game without blinders can tell you that.

Puig's performance in that game was OK, nothing more and the fact he didn't try any forward pass (there were runs BTW) is in fact more of a negative than a positive.
Then again, if football amateurish fans over the world hype him over that passing stat, then by all means, he was right. He can continue to make lateral passes, I'm sure fans will use that stat to cry a little more.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Fekir with an assist and a secondary assist. Nice. He's had a disappointing season.

Nice to see Trincao score. He probably needed that though he was close in previous games.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Isak was extremely good today. 2 goals, wonderful hold up play, great movement. Him and Oyarzabal could do great things at bigger clubsz

Real Sociedad is a very good club, I would like for them to sign a couple more big players and try to give it a go to the big teams in Spain.
Isak has been excellent since the start of the year, I like a lot the way he plays

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Real Sociedad is a very good club, I would like for them to sign a couple more big players and try to give it a go to the big teams in Spain.
Isak has been excellent since the start of the year, I like a lot the way he plays

Sociedad are more fun to watch than Barca and Real right now to be honest, they are not too far off a UCL place in terms of quality. Need a really good center back and maybe a creative midfielder to get top 4. I could see Isak replace Firmino at Liverpool in a few years, maybe. He has incredible hold up play and off ball movement, just needs a bit more end product to be a star.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Fekir with an assist and a secondary assist. Nice. He's had a disappointing season.

Nice to see Trincao score. He probably needed that though he was close in previous games.

To be fair the whole Betis team has been shit.

Fekir has been clearly and I mean clearly there's no debate the 2nd best player on that team only behind Canales who has been brilliant. But 2 guys can't carry a team like Betis.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Sociedad are more fun to watch than Barca and Real right now to be honest, they are not too far off a UCL place in terms of quality. Need a really good center back and maybe a creative midfielder to get top 4. I could see Isak replace Firmino at Liverpool in a few years, maybe. He has incredible hold up play and off ball movement, just needs a bit more end product to be a star.

Off ball movement is elite, he reminds me of David Villa with worse finishing, that will get better though he's so young still!

I don't think they're lacking a creative midfielder. Merino and David Silva (even Oyarzabal) can provide that, but what they lack so far IMO is killer instinct.

Le Normand is good enough to get a top 4 spot but they could do with a better partner in CB

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ya if anything they need a CB.

I really wish Koeman sits Biscuits for a bit maybe he needs rest. I think he's done though.
Pedri-Puig
FDJ

PLEASE

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Off ball movement is elite, he reminds me of David Villa with worse finishing, that will get better though he's so young still!

I don't think they're lacking a creative midfielder. Merino and David Silva (even Oyarzabal) can provide that, but what they lack so far IMO is killer instinct.

Le Normand is good enough to get a top 4 spot but they could do with a better partner in CB
Fair enough, I often see their attacking moves breaking down after they have gotten themselves into dangerous positions, often lacking the killer pass in the final third, but Silva hasn't been playing much in the games I have watched.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Fair enough, I often see their attacking moves breaking down after they have gotten themselves into dangerous positions, often lacking the killer pass in the final third, but Silva hasn't been playing much in the games I have watched.

Yeah Silva has been injured for a couple months. Their decline in play is connected with Silva being unavailable I expect with him in the lineup healthy the good play will pick up to that level they had at start of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad