Speculation: LA Kings with heavy interest in Landeskog

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Great player but would be another 40 point a year guy in our system and would cost a ton.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Via MayorNHL

With a 5.5M cap hit remaining for three additional seasons, any deal would almost have to include Muzzin or Martinez. Doubtful move.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I'll be honest I don't know much about him or his style of play. Isn't his style a bit like old Dustin Brown?

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Agreed. You fill one hole but dig another one. Doesn't make sense.

Also, I'm against throwing away every 1st round pick.[/QUOT

Yep. We need to restock the cupboards. We need to do something to get Lewis off the first line. What am I talking about, Sutter would have Landy on the third.

I am very frustrated at our team, our system and DL. They need one giant slap across the face to get things going.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Only Muzzin? That's not bad.

Perhaps but from what I've read/heard, Avs want a top young player, preferably a defensemen. . The Avs will be moving Duchene first, I think. and they are looking for a young top defenseman as part of the package.

And NESN said that the Bruins wanted Landy and the starting point for the package was Brandon Carlo, a 6'5 , 20 year old D for them who has been very very good. The Bruins declined.

I love Landy, not just for the high hockey IQ, good vision and being pretty sound on both sides of the puck in all 3 zones and his one ice leadership (All heart, bleeds for the team) but from all who play with him and media, etc, a real locker room leader that is well respected. He's been hurt this year, so his game hasn't been on track but I think Sakic would be crazy to trade a young player who hasn't hit his prime years yet and has that much on and off ice strength.

And consider the source. Denver Post fired Dater for his social media abuse a couple years ago. Could be his 'sources' are good or the same ones that other bloggers rely on. Him speculating, IMO, doesn't hold much water, not unlike Eklund.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
And consider the source. Denver Post fired Dater for his social media abuse a couple years ago. Could be his 'sources' are good or the same ones that other bloggers rely on. Him speculating, IMO, doesn't hold much water, not unlike Eklund.

He's just connecting the dots like Mayor always does. Kings need a top line LW. Kings have some good d-men with Forbort's emergence. Av's scouts at Kings game. Connect the dots.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Perhaps but from what I've read/heard, Avs want a top young player, preferably a defensemen. . The Avs will be moving Duchene first, I think. and they are looking for a young top defenseman as part of the package.

And NESN said that the Bruins wanted Landy and the starting point for the package was Brandon Carlo, a 6'5 , 20 year old D for them who has been very very good. The Bruins declined.

I love Landy, not just for the high hockey IQ, good vision and being pretty sound on both sides of the puck in all 3 zones and his one ice leadership (All heart, bleeds for the team) but from all who play with him and media, etc, a real locker room leader that is well respected. He's been hurt this year, so his game hasn't been on track but I think Sakic would be crazy to trade a young player who hasn't hit his prime years yet and has that much on and off ice strength.

Beautiful... off to the main boards to offer McNabb to Colorado!

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
What would people seriouslly be willing to give up for Landeskog? I can't think of anything. Can't trade a good d-man because the Kings will also lose one in the expansion draft. I can't think of anything really.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
What would people seriouslly be willing to give up for Landeskog? I can't think of anything. Can't trade a good d-man because the Kings will also lose one in the expansion draft. I can't think of anything really.

muzzin for landeskog We protect drew martinez mcnabb forbort kopitar toffoli carter landeskog Who do we lose that matters?

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
McNabb & Dowd would be UFA after 1 year in Vegas. That will probably be a rocky year. I'm thinking Vegas wouldn't take either guy with one year of control. Someone like Lewis or signing King (UFA) would be a better move for them then one year of McNabb or Dowd.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
muzzin for landeskog We protect drew martinez mcnabb forbort kopitar toffoli carter landeskog Who do we lose that matters?

McNabb. I'd prefer the defense next season not be Forbort-Doughty, Martinez-Greene, Gravel-??, ??

McNabb & Dowd would be UFA after 1 year in Vegas. That will probably be a rocky year. I'm thinking Vegas wouldn't take either guy with one year of control. Someone like Lewis or signing King (UFA) would be a better move for them then one year of McNabb or Dowd.

King is a UFA. There's no reason to take him when they can just sign him. I doubt they take Lewis over McNabb.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
This is a tough call. Its a lot harder to replace a top 4 defenseman than it is to get a winger. If we are willing to write off this season, I would rather see Lombardi see if he can get rid of Gaborik or Brown to Vegas for a massive overpayment and use that added cap space to acquire a winger via free agency.

On the other hand, we have too many defensemen (especially leftys). Forbort and Gravel appear to be very promising, but they have no strong value in the market yet for us to get a good return if we traded them. Also, LaDue will likely make the lineup next season, which simply adds another defenseman to the mix. If we are willing to get risky, trading Muzzin for an elite forward, like the Hall for Larsson trade, would make sense. However, I am not sold on Landeskog. We don't need a powerforward on this team, but rather a pure sniper. Or, if Muzzin is going back the other way, I would prefer a deal for Duchene so that we can have the 2014 center depth. I am not sure if Muzzin for Duchene will get the job done though, and I am not sure what the add will be on our end to make that deal work.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
If it's Muzzin for Landeskog I think you have to do it based on surplus and demand at both positions. It's almost a perfect fit salary wise for the Kings. That said as a long time King fan I always cringe when we talk about trading a 27 year old Dman who still may have upside. A guy like Muzzin could flourish in another system while we know what will happen to Landeskog's numbers in LA. Very interesting rumor.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
This is a tough call. Its a lot harder to replace a top 4 defenseman than it is to get a winger. If we are willing to write off this season, I would rather see Lombardi see if he can get rid of Gaborik or Brown to Vegas for a massive overpayment and use that added cap space to acquire a winger via free agency.

On the other hand, we have too many defensemen (especially leftys). Forbort and Gravel appear to be very promising, but they have no strong value in the market yet for us to get a good return if we traded them. Also, LaDue will likely make the lineup next season, which simply adds another defenseman to the mix. If we are willing to get risky, trading Muzzin for an elite forward, like the Hall for Larsson trade, would make sense. However, I am not sold on Landeskog. We don't need a powerforward on this team, but rather a pure sniper. Or, if Muzzin is going back the other way, I would prefer a deal for Duchene so that we can have the 2014 center depth. I am not sure if Muzzin for Duchene will get the job done though, and I am not sure what the add will be on our end to make that deal work.

Is LaDue a lock to make it next season though? People on LAKI who follow the Reign closely say he looks no where near ready for the NHL yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad