GDT: LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche 10/2/14 7pm MST l The "What's a 'Win'?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Wasn't able to catch this one, but it's good to see Reto only let in one goal again. That's a positive. Assuming the one goal wasn't bad, that's two good games in a row for him. Goes a long way to making up the poor ones previously.

NHL.com says the shots were 87-86. Gonna go out on a limb and say that's a little off. Guess I'll have to go back through the thread to get an idea of how the game went, but a 1-1 tie with a loss in the SO against most of LA's A squad is at least a step in the right direction.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wait...how many games has Varly played in. Just the game in QC and the Burgandy/White right?

He played the home game against Calgary too.

Berra has had 3 good games in a row. The goal he let in tonight was a 2 on 1. He only let in one goal against Calgary too and then the OT game in Montreal where the only goals let in were PP goals.

Avs were bad in the first but Talbot's goal woke them up, they owned the second period. The third was more even and LA came on late but I think LA only had one shot for half that period. Avs got pressure late in the OT.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Perusing the thread, sounds like either Roy downed a bottle of absinthe before the game, or he was just trying everything so everyone had a test in a different situation.

Duchene with Mack and Iggy, with who on the LW? Holden with Hejda. Barrie with EJ. Holden with Guenin. Holden with Stuart. Landy taking a bunch of faceoffs. McLeod-Cliche-Talbot on the PP for the goal. What the hell was going on in that first period?

McNabb took a run at Mack? As if there's not enough reason to dislike that guy?

Landy tries to fight Muzzin again? I remember watching that fight leading up to the draft and thinking what a total power forward package the kid was of. I think this is the year we see Landy look to drop the gloves more. It looked like he tried to go with the guy who took a run at Iggy in an earlier preseason game too but he wasn't interested.

It's kind of funny that in that first fight with Muzzin, he was sticking up for his teammate MacKinnon. In that case it was Chris MacKinnon.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Iggy didn't play. Roy put the lines in the blender after the bad first but after they had a couple (interrupted) PPs in the second he put the forward lines back together. I think the D pairs were messed up longer but might have come back together by the third. Rendulic was with Duchene and MacK. I have no idea who was playing center at that moment. Talbot scored the PP goal in the final seconds of it, I think Roy had just put the third line out for the last 30 seconds of the period. That group had no PP time otherwise. Muzzin hit Landy and he didn't like it, it was a penalty (might have been cross check, I don't exactly remember) and then they got matching minors. I think they would have fought had the refs not stepped in. McNab gave MacK a good shot but I don't know if it was dirty. Seemed like MacK got the wind knocked out of him a bit but he came back in for OT a couple minutes later. Side note, read a good report on practice today from MHH, apparently Mack and McLeod were going over fighting technique a long time today. A lot of good tidbits there, I encourage reading it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You gotta wonder if this pre-season is a fluke, or Avs are really gonna be horrible this year.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Maybe roy already knows there is chemistry and he is just making it seem like we've come back to earth. We'll string together 10 straight wins to start the season.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Think i would be slightly more concerned (actually even concern is too strong a word)
--slightly miffed if we were getting badly outplayed or allowing a bunch of goals. But neither has happened.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
So Johnson got the assist on Talbot's goal. Is that a point for him in every single game he has played?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Worst Cobra..........Toronto. And we know how many superstars are flocking back to become blue and white, literally everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

That is correct, 4 in 4 games.

82 point season coming up.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
When it's gone this far, I'm kinda hoping that Avs lose the last game.

I've been kinda hoping for the past 2 games. Winless in pre-season to SCC! How cool would that be? The advanced stat crowd is already predicting our doom. Why not throw more fuel on the fire? But I like the underdog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad