GDT: LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche 10/2/14 7pm MST l The "What's a 'Win'?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I got a free T-shirt at the game last night.
They were throwing them into the crowd, and I snagged one.
It's blue and says "Avalanche Territory".
:yo:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs_v_Kings_022-640x419.jpg

Man, Nate sure is gonna have to avoid a lot of this in his career. Guys are gonna be getting beat and sticking their legs out left and right on him. I wonder if this is why Landy tried to fight Muzzin, which is hilarious since the last time he fought him it was because of a hit on a different MacKinnon in junior.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Landy circled behind the Kings' net and tried a wraparound.
Muzzin knocked him down, then proceeded to "accidentally fall" on Gabe when he was down.
The Skog took offense to it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Landy circled behind the Kings' net and tried a wraparound.
Muzzin knocked him down, then proceeded to "accidentally fall" on Gabe when he was down.
The Skog took offense to it.

Ah, that's what happened. Was that before or after that play with Nate, and was that the hit he looked hurt from?

I'd like to see that don't mess with me or my teammates Landy a little more. I don't want him getting hurt, but I'd like to see him drop the gloves a few times a year just to send a message. The way Iggy does it.

Got to give him credit though, when he does drop the gloves it's always with guys bigger than him. That's pretty rare. JJ is 6'1" 230 lbs, Chiasson is 6'4" 205 lbs, and Muzzin is 6'3" 214 lbs.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Ah, that's what happened. Was that before or after that play with Nate, and was that the hit he looked hurt from?

I'd like to see that don't mess with me or my teammates Landy a little more. I don't want him getting hurt, but I'd like to see him drop the gloves a few times a year just to send a message. The way Iggy does it.

Got to give him credit though, when he does drop the gloves it's always with guys bigger than him. That's pretty rare. JJ is 6'1" 230 lbs, Chiasson is 6'4" 205 lbs, and Muzzin is 6'3" 214 lbs.

I didn't see the hit on MacK.
I don't have the talent for watching the entire ice the way some of yinz do...I'm a puck-watcher.
Which is why I can't give good scouting reports from the game...Sorry.

EDIT: I'll say this though: I didn't realize just how often the ice girls are out there. They get more ice time than many of our players!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I didn't see the hit on MacK.
I don't have the talent for watching the entire ice the way some of yinz do...I'm a puck-watcher.
Which is why I can't give good scouting reports from the game...Sorry.

All good, thanks for the info anyway.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Rendulic did look good when I saw him, though. In the play, made a few (kinda soft) checks.
Everberg was OK, but made a few gaffes. Especially on the PK.
Reto looked pretty good.
Briere was a face-palm most of the night.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Rendulic did look good when I saw him, though. In the play, made a few (kinda soft) checks.
Everberg was OK, but made a few gaffes. Especially on the PK.
Reto looked pretty good.
Briere was a face-palm most of the night.

The three games I saw, Rendulic looked better each time. Pretty sure one of the coaches or maybe his agent told him he needs to engage more physically if he wants to make the NHL, because he picked up the intensity and became less of a perimeter player.

If he continues to progress as he gets more and more comfortable, he easily could be the best of the new additions. Everberg has the edge in being more bullish, but Rendulic easily has the best puck skills of the bunch. He might be able to play a poor man's Hossa type of style.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The three games I saw, Rendulic looked better each time. Pretty sure one of the coaches or maybe his agent told him he needs to engage more physically if he wants to make the NHL, because he picked up the intensity and became less of a perimeter player.

If he continues to progress as he gets more and more comfortable, he easily could be the best of the new additions. Everberg has the edge in being more bullish, but Rendulic easily has the best puck skills of the bunch. He might be able to play a poor man's Hossa type of style.

Question... One or both of Everberg and Rendulic have to clear waivers if their sent down correct?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Before. The hit on MacK was from McNab in OT. Landy was in the third.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
No because they are on their ELC (I think that's the reason but it's definitely no)

it's their lack of years and games in NHL, not bc they are on ELC.

they'd have to be in the league for 3 years or play more than 60 (everberg) and 70 (rendulic) games for them to become eligible for waivers. which ever comes first.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No because they are on their ELC (I think that's the reason but it's definitely no)

Thanks, with all of the small one way contracts they handed out I've lost track. But I guess it was just defenders (Noreau), and Vincour that need to clear waivers?

it's their lack of years and games in NHL, not bc they are on ELC.

they'd have to be in the league for 3 years or play more than 60 (everberg) and 70 (rendulic) games for them to become eligible for waivers. which ever comes first.

I thought there was an age aspect to that as well.

Edit : Elliott has 58 NHL GP Btw... So there must be a ELC element, and/or an age factor

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Thanks, with all of the small one way contracts they handed out I've lost track. But I guess it was just defenders (Noreau), and Vincour that need to clear waivers?

Edit : Elliott has 58 NHL GP Btw... So there must be a ELC element, and/or an age factor

yeah, age too. but its not that relevant in rendulic's and everberg's case.

elliott has already had 3 years in NHL/AHL. that's why he's out of options. or if he had played 160 games in NHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's how old you are when you sign the ELC. If you are under 20 like when many top draft picks sign you get more time and games. Guys like Rendulic and Everberg were older, also their ELC is only two years.

Noreau and Vincour had also been on ELC previously is the difference in their case too.

But doesn't it have to do with the team who signed them first holding their rights in the case of Everberg and Rendulic? Therefore it is about them having an ELC? I understand when they hit their games played then that's not the case but initially it is?

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Avs are gonna go 0-82 while only scoring 20 goals this season :scared:

Classic
Lmao
While in reality Avs go on record scoring pace this year as nhl officials start to actually read the rule book realizing it IS a penalty to clutch grab and other wise impede a player.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Classic
Lmao
While in reality Avs go on record scoring pace this year as nhl officials start to actually read the rule book realizing it IS a penalty to clutch grab and other wise impede a player.

In a reality where pigs fly, maybe. :laugh:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

http://www.capgeek.com/avalanche/

A red X means they have to go through waivers. A green box with numbers is the years and games they are allowed to play before going through waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad