GDT: LA Kings Rookie Tournament

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
The Fight is pretty much Dead and should be this isn't wresting or Boxing or a street brawl its hockey on Skates on an ice surface with speed to burn and goals,Hard physical contact...its about goals and funs and excitement and appreciating the difficulty of being able to play this Glorious game at the highest level is Mind Blowing

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Why is Portillo Down Stay Up hug that post...hope its nerves...regardless he'll have to work on it and stay Calm and make his size work for him instead of "fighting" his confidence

Blake's worst thing was trying to develop an All-Star team for the AHL team...why else would he try to have all his "eggs" in 1 Basket...spread the prospects around and let them play a ton where ever they are instead of making competiton at the Most Fundamental Level the "Farm"

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Anyone see ECHL hockey is there still fighting? If true they would be like the Ol' IHL use to be when ex-Kings Mario Lessard Starred in Saginaw with the Gears!!!What a great name Saginaw Gears... what else would they produce...

Is Chromiak playing?

Reactions: Johnny Utah

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Am I seeing things...A Female Ref? Or a really short guy

There must have been something other than Portillo's Size the Kings liked...why else what they have traded a 3rd Rounder for him right

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This game is a good example of why I said Portillo being big doesn't matter. He still has holes everywhere, can't seal anything off. Doesn't 'look' any bigger than the average goalie because pucks still go thru him instead of having to be snipes around him.

Reactions: Sol and tigermask48

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We need all the help we can get

How about if we traded you a poster or two here for Suchanek. how about a gently used SurfNutz?
Suchanek is just an invite... dont think he has a contract with us yet.. but he was a guy that a lot of us wanted at the draft.

Port will be fine imo for you guys tho, but doesnt hurt to have a deep goalie pool/back up palns

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
This game is a good example of why I said Portillo being big doesn't matter. He still has holes everywhere, can't seal anything off. Doesn't 'look' any bigger than the average goalie because pucks still go thru him instead of having to be snipes around him.
Yes but the point is it creates an illusion Blake has a goalie pipeline. I think they should go after Knight

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What is this, the second time Kings prospects have gone winless in one of these tournaments? We all know these games are meaningless, but in terms of seeing development, we're not seeing many standouts from these games.

Expect another wasted year in development for a lot of these prospects under the coaching of Marco Sturm.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The drama is real. Only 10 of the 27 players on the Kings rookie camp roster have a pro contract with the Kings/Reign this year. And those 10 players weren't all on the ice together in one game. It's a bunch of camp invites playing with a few prospects. Holy over analyzing.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I will lend you an h and agree.

Hrenak for AHL , Ports ECHL.

Where is Connors?
Hrenak is no longer in the Kings organization and is playing in Europe. Portillo could end up in the ECHL to start, it will be a battle between him and Ingham (sans injuries in the goalie depth) to see who will back up Rittich for the Reign. Connors is ineligible to play in this tourney since he plays in the NCAA.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Hrenak is no longer in the Kings organization and is playing in Europe. Portillo could end up in the ECHL to start, it will be a battle between him and Ingham (sans injuries in the goalie depth) to see who will back up Rittich for the Reign. Connors is ineligible to play in this tourney since he plays in the NCAA.
Ya I meant zIngham,
still having flashbacks.
thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad