GDT: LA Kings Rookie Tournament

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Two thoughts.. Ingham looks like he wants an NHL contract. It’ certainly an encouraging start from him and he’d likely by #4 on the depth chart at this point.

Secondly, are we sleeping on Cole Krygier? If he continues to impress and his stock rises does he bring enough physicality to threaten Englund and Bjornföt?

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Two thoughts.. Ingham looks like he wants an NHL contract. It’ certainly an encouraging start from him and he’d likely by #4 on the depth chart at this point.

Secondly, are we sleeping on Cole Krygier? If he continues to impress and his stock rises does he bring enough physicality to threaten Englund and Bjornföt?

Krygier looked good and you can tell he’s a leader, don’t think he will threaten Englund or Toby this year but maybe next year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree. not quite yet. He's a fresh pro that had a pretty 'plain' NCAA career until his last season. He looks very good and heady, but just not quite ready. But he's the 'type' of player I expect our development staff to work well with. Imagine him getting some games at some point.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Krygier is the oldest guy out there right? If he’s standing out, imagine how good Englund would look.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Fair enough. I certainly don’t think he’s done enough to get a NHL head coach job, not even close. I act don’t blame him for the pp as I’m pretty sure I read something to the effect of him doing it as TMac and the senior players wanted (Can’t source it or recall exactly what I read). I also think part of the benefi of Hiller was a pp coach nobody was going to second guess. Even then it seemed it took a little while for the vets to buy in fully.

Sturm then had an up and down season, dealing with a lot of injuries/call ups. So what he does this season will be very telling.

Incidentally I recently deleted Twitter/X as It just gets worse on there. Elon certainly hasn’t improved it.
IKR, free uncensored speech is so annoying.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Agreed on Ingham.

Still ambivalent on Krygier. He's 23, and will be 24 in May. He hasn't looked out of place, but he should be more physically developed and experienced. People are ready to put Bjornfot to pasture despite being 22.

Krygier could still get NHL time in the upcoming seasons, but I don't think his performance here is an indication one way or the other of what he could become.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'll freely admit i had trouble judging defensemen with that center ice camera angle, it was much easier to watch forwards but yeah i wasn't wowed by krygier, size aside

if anything the most wow i saw amongst defensemen was nousiainen on the PP

Reactions: King'sPawn

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
We (or at least I) just called him Shiggy (Tschiggy? Schiggy? Idk).
1695064593783.png

He shall be referred to as Steven Tschigerl

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Portillo has to learn not to go down so early especially from an off Wing Shooter! Use that size 6-6 instead getting small and being 3-3...

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Lee has the C? I like his size but always thought he should have given himself a better chance making to the "Show" by staying in College another season honing his skills,developing his Body and playing heavy minutes something he didn't get in Ontario! Good Luck to him I hope things turn out well for him wherever he "lands"...

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Agreed on Ingham.

Still ambivalent on Krygier. He's 23, and will be 24 in May. He hasn't looked out of place, but he should be more physically developed and experienced. People are ready to put Bjornfot to pasture despite being 22.

Krygier could still get NHL time in the upcoming seasons, but I don't think his performance here is an indication one way or the other of what he could become.
I've heard Krygier is a physical D-man that may be something the Kings lack(ed)! Could be the "next 1 up" D-man

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
So when do the Kings take on Arizona in Melbourne? And will it be streamed? And how many hours ahead are they like 20 hours or somethin crazy like that! So that makes it 6 AM Tuesday Sept 19

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Ducks have Suchanek in net - an invitee who was eligible for the 2023 draft as a 20 year-old. He's one I was hoping the Kings would draft.

He's currently outplaying Portillo, based on what I've been able to see.
Suchanek probably plays in ECHL this coming season as San Diego will their netminders(Clang,Stalock or Dostal make the Anaheim roster and back up Gibby

Ducks have Suchanek in net - an invitee who was eligible for the 2023 draft as a 20 year-old. He's one I was hoping the Kings would draft.

He's currently outplaying Portillo, based on what I've been able to see.
Haven't seen a whole lot of the games thus far but will keep an Eye on young Portillo

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
The Rookie Tourny NHL style should be a Experimental Area where there are 4 Skaters aside and see what comes of it! If nothing else it puts the Onus on Skating and Skill Development and Reps

Anyone one have the Roster for this early Afternoon game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad