Kings News: LA Kings Re-Sign Robyn Regehr to a 2 Year Contract Extension @ $3 Million Per Season

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Regehr won't be bought out. As bad as he is, trading two seconds and then signing him to a multi year, multi million dollar per year conctract and then buying him out a year in to that deal is bad asset management. We've never seen Dean make that type of move.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Well since it does not look like Regher is going anywhere soon and we probably can't find Tonya Harding's accomplice we have to juggle the D paring.

Mitchell/Doughty
Martinez/Voynov
Regher-Muzzin/Greene

We dress 7 D-Men!!!!!

Brown/Kopitar/Williams
Carbomb/Richards/Carter
King/Stoll/Lewis
Nolan - Frattin

Clifford

We double shift Kopitar and Carter and let them alternate centering the 4th line.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Regehr won't be bought out. As bad as he is, trading two seconds and then signing him to a multi year, multi million dollar per year conctract and then buying him out a year in to that deal is bad asset management. We've never seen Dean make that type of move.

Don't throw good money after bad. Yes it would be bad asset management, but it hurts the team less to do that, than to keep playing him because you feel like you have to

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Pens have a bit of a logjam on D at the moment. Despres is in the minors b/c of it and Maatta is looking like one of our 5 best D-men. I'd like to see them get regular roles now before Shero makes a panic move and re-signs Orpik longterm.

Any interest in dealing for Orpik before he hits free agency?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Pens have a bit of a logjam on D at the moment. Despres is in the minors b/c of it and Maatta is looking like one of our 5 best D-men. I'd like to see them get regular roles now before Shero makes a panic move and re-signs Orpik longterm.

Kings are up against the cap because of some awful extensions to veteran players.

No room unless you guys want to take Stoll in the deal.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_player/Cloutier,Dan

http://www.kingshockey.com/articles.cfm?id=3
On Wednesday, the Los Angeles Kings signed goaltender Dan Cloutier to a two-year contract extension. Financial terms were not disclosed, but the deal is rumored to be worth $2.55 million this season, $3.1 million in 2007-08 and $3.1 million in 2008-09.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You can't be afraid to cut your losses, the 2nd round picks are gone, they will never be back. You can't consider the 2nd round picks when it comes time to possibly buying out Regehr.

My bigger concern is that DS doesn't seem to look at RR objectively and that is a big concern, how this guy is still in the lineup, much less skating with our 23 year old franchise defenseman?

It's not 2006 anymore.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

The whole thing reeks of cloutier.
Trade for a guy and sign him. he regresses/gets injured. By out.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Well since it does not look like Regher is going anywhere soon and we probably can't find Tonya Harding's accomplice we have to juggle the D paring.

Mitchell/Doughty
Martinez/Voynov
Regher-Muzzin/Greene

We dress 7 D-Men!!!!!

Brown/Kopitar/Williams
Carbomb/Richards/Carter
King/Stoll/Lewis
Nolan - Frattin

Clifford

We double shift Kopitar and Carter and let them alternate centering the 4th line.

I like putting Doughty with Mitchell. They had success together before and Doughty has looked terrible to start the year.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008

At the deadline, yes, we could afford it then. Until then no, unless salary went the other way.

I'm very interested in Orpik come free agency.

kingscups

Jun 5, 2008
California
You can't be afraid to cut your losses, the 2nd round picks are gone, they will never be back. You can't consider the 2nd round picks when it comes time to possibly buying out Regehr.

My bigger concern is that DS doesn't seem to look at RR objectively and that is a big concern, how this guy is still in the lineup, much less skating with our 23 year old franchise defenseman?

It's not 2006 anymore.

This was pretty much my exact line of thought too. DL has to look at the players objectively, take a blind eye to the name on the jersey. If the player sucks, then he sucks, I don't care who it is, players sometimes take steep declines in play, and the player you had one, two seasons ago will never be that player again.

He needs to realize the mess he got himself in, just own it, and handle it for the better of the team.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Any possibility RR is playing himself into shape after offseason elbow surgery? He did play in the playoffs with a torn bursa sac, I don't know what that is but I'm sure it's painful.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Whether RR was the right acquisition or not, the kings were in need of a SAH dman, and DL did the best he could to improve our team.

Believe me, if DL hadn't acquired anyone and were knocked off in the first round, you guys would be saying, "why didn't DL do anything at the deadline"???

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Whether RR was the right acquisition or not, the kings were in need of a SAH dman, and DL did the best he could to improve our team.

Believe me, if DL hadn't acquired anyone and were knocked off in the first round, you guys would be saying, "why didn't DL do anything at the deadline"???

I am happy with the add, he is the guy I wanted at the time. I just question re-signing him for two years. One year makes sense to me as Mitchell's health was up in the air and Scuds leaving.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009

The acquisition was fine because the Kings needed to roll the dice on someone

Its the signing after he had shown to be absolute garbage that was the problem

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I am happy with the add, he is the guy I wanted at the time. I just question re-signing him for two years. One year makes sense to me as Mitchell's health was up in the air and Scuds leaving.

People forget that it's a two-way contract negotiation. Why would Regehr have accepted a one-year deal?

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

The acquisition was fine because the Kings needed to roll the dice on someone

Its the signing after he had shown to be absolute garbage that was the problem

But Scuds wasn't going to re-sign with us for the 2 yr deal, and Mitchell's status was up in the air. We had to sign someone, so, why not RR???

I understand that he hasn't been great. But he's not nearly as bad as many of you guys are making him out to be.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
But Scuds wasn't going to re-sign with us for the 2 yr deal, and Mitchell's status was up in the air. We had to sign someone, so, why not RR???

I understand that he hasn't been great. But he's not nearly as bad as many of you guys are making him out to be.

I don't like him on the top line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad