Post-Game Talk: LA Kings at New York Rangers 11-17-13

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I know that one game shouldn't take away from 10 really solid games, but I was so high on this damn team for how well they've been playing. Outside of some really good defense in the first period and Lundqvist being lights out, NONE of that was there. I don't know if I'd say we got dominated, but if we didn't it was awfully close. Just did nothing well. Is this what will happen when we play a big defensive team like the Kings? What happened to the skill I saw this team have? Nothing was there. Looked like a Torts game. So disappointing.

37 shots on goal. They just didn't go tonight. I think you should watch the game again.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
37 shots on goal. They just didn't go tonight. I think you should watch the game again.

I don't know why people bring up the shots. Do you realize that a tic tac toe deflection in front of the net and an unscreened shot from the point are both shots. We had a lot of the latter, they had chances closer to the former. Incredibly disappointing.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, we played really well against the Devils and Habs, but 3 goals in the last 3 games, that's terrible. Nash can't get back soon enough.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I don't know why people bring up the shots. Do you realize that a tic tac toe deflection in front of the net and an unscreened shot from the point are both shots. We had a lot of the latter, they had chances closer to the former. Incredibly disappointing.

Agreed that they didn't have the quantity of nice chances that we are used to seeing, but LA is a tough team to play against. Every inch of the ice is extremely competetive. You don't get lots of great inside chances against a team like this. That being said, 37 shots is 37 shots, and while it wasnt a pretty game, you cant completely dismiss the shot count either.

BTW, we played really well against the Devils and Habs, but 3 goals in the last 3 games, that's terrible. Nash can't get back soon enough.

Ive been racking my brain all day, who do you demote from the top 6? Kreider, Zucc, Step, Cally, Hags or Richy?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Agreed that they didn't have the quantity of nice chances that we are used to seeing, but LA is a tough team to play against. Every inch of the ice is extremely competetive. You don't get lots of great inside chances against a team like this. That being said, 37 shots is 37 shots, and while it wasnt a pretty game, you cant completely dismiss the shot count either.

Ive been racking my brain all day, who do you demote from the top 6? Kreider, Zucc, Step, Cally, Hags or Richy?

Cally. Nash has played well with Hagelin. No one from the Stepan line though. That Richards like hasn't been very good lately.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, I saw the highlights of this game it was confirmed how badly we got outplayed. We weren't under siege the whole game, but they had a lot of EXCELLENT chances. GRADE FRIGGIN A. We got absolutely nothing.

GFiP*

Just saw the replay of the Moore no-goal. At MSG they didn't show that angle. In fact they showed some pretty terrible angles.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Lundy is an amazing goalie, it was an enjoyable game tonight because I feel like our cities have a great connection that spans all of humanity.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
Just watched the condensed version: Hank was absolutely elite. Played amazing. The Rangers had wayy too many turnovers in their own zone trying to break out. That's what cost us the game. We also didn't generate many good scoring chances.

That's pretty much the gist of it. Didn't see enough to make player by player analysis besides Hank being the best goalie in the world.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Might have hit Scrivens pad on the way in, but it's definitely still a disallowed goal.

Here's the thing, though. If you kick a puck over to a teammate and a defender slides over and knocks it it, is it still not a goal? No-goal is probably the right call, but if Moore kicks it into an opponent and it goes in, the nature of the play changes. As it was the goalie, it's probably moot. But if it had hit a defenseman or forward, I suspect it's a good goal. Just a minor point.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Just watched the condensed version: Hank was absolutely elite. Played amazing. The Rangers had wayy too many turnovers in their own zone trying to break out. That's what cost us the game. We also didn't generate many good scoring chances.

That's pretty much the gist of it. Didn't see enough to make player by player analysis besides Hank being the best goalie in the world.

But still, there is already someone who is ready to trade him, and give Talbot the starter job :laugh:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
We had to trade gabroik for multiple reason I'm not debating that . But we didn't really get much in return back for him.

I would have liked at least our 1st back or a young skilled winger

Seems like slats wanted current NHL players so we could fill our weak roster at the time

Teams weren't knocking down the Rangers door for Gaborik.

Moore is the 1st round pick. Columbus doesn't have any young skilled winger.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Food for thought, does the team play so well that we genuinely believe we can win every game ? And does the plausibility make a loss sting even more ?

Or is it equally terrible either way

Championship*

Food for thought, does the team play so well that we genuinely believe we can win every game ? And does the plausibility make a loss sting even more ?

Or is it equally terrible either way

For me, definitely not. This is a mediocre team. Nothing has changed. Just because they beat some bad teams and went on a bit of a run means nothing. 1 goal scored over 2 games this weekend. Right back to not scoring.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Oh well...could have been worse . Was very happy for the win in Montreal . A win last night would have been tough even with Nash in the game although he might have helped on the 5-3's . One of those 5 on 3's was a gift because the puck went over the glass off of a Ranger stick . I saw the replay on the King's broadcast . Henrik was a beast . I have to wonder if perhaps there might have been a wee bit of extra beers after the win in Montreal ? The West has about a .680 win/loss percentage against the East...losing to the Kings is nothing to be ashamed about...unlike not scoring on the PP . BTW...Scrivens being such a bad goalie...now has 3 shutouts . I blame AV mostly for this loss...new blood should have been inserted into that game last night . That was a no brainer IMO .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad