Post-Game Talk: LA Kings at New York Rangers 11-17-13

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Look at this :facepalm:

A HUGE chance for Zucc, at least he admits it was a mistake not to shoot.

But Stepan was in a good position also, I can understand what Zucc tried to do. Just one problem, there was a D between them.

parameter
This picture hurts almost as much as watching the play happen

Jan 8, 2012
NY
at least iglina had a career after calgary, where is staal girardi and the king of pastrami gonna play after NY?

Yeah, you're right. They'll be unable to get an NHL contract and will be banished to the Swiss league. I don't even know WTF the point of your posts are.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Look at this :facepalm:

A HUGE chance for Zucc, at least he admits it was a mistake not to shoot.

But Stepan was in a good position also, I can understand what Zucc tried to do. Just one problem, there was a D between them.

parameter

Its a worse situation than it looks. He has to turn his body 90 degrees to get a shot of and if he does that the LA D will have the stick in the way. He should have taken a shot, but its not as bad as it looks.

Anyway, I am pretty sure Girardi is calling for Zucc to pass the puck pretty loudly there, and it almost seems like it confuses Zucc who doesn't seem to know where G is.. Zucc definitely should have passed Girardi, that's the best option. Then we get a 2 on 1 infront of the net and the shot is taken by our 3rd guy in the best position to blast away.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Its a worse situation than it looks. He has to turn his body 90 degrees to get a shot of and if he does that the LA D will have the stick in the way. He should have taken a shot, but its not as bad as it looks.

Stepan fed Zuccarello the puck just inside the blue line. The freeze frame is actually after Zuccarello turned his body to make that terrible pass. So, yes, it is worse than it looks - just not the way you're trying to frame it.

FurbyScalper

Apr 28, 2010
Maryland
And your point is? Rozi played very solid hockey for last years winner. There is no ifs or buts about that.

My point was just that you can't compare players based on cup wins. And yes, I agree that he did play very well for them, don't think he would have been playing if he didn't contribute. I also wouldn't necessarily put him on the same level as other non-cup winning players.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Stepan fed Zuccarello the puck just inside the blue line. The freeze frame is actually after Zuccarello turned his body to make that terrible pass. So, yes, it is worse than it looks - just not the way you're trying to frame it.

Link?

I don't think Zucc scores if he shoots there. I've already said that I thought he should have fired away since he didn't see Girardi, but you know, I just don't think he scores there. Didn't get that feel when I saw it live. It took a long time for the puck to reach Zucc. Quick is prepared for sure and the puck is bouncing a bit etc. The split second it takes for him to get it settled down.

I think Doughty played it really well too, he both closed in on Zucc and took away Stepan. Many D's would have left Step open and then Zucc could have given him a slam dunk.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Regardless of if he scores there or not, passing it was such a stupid choice

And Quick wasn't playing ;)

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Don´t really know what´s worse. Zuccs poor decision or Stepans miss on his point blank chance in PP (on pass from Zucc btw). Stepan should have scored, but didn´t. It just happens. We are talking about human beings.

2lxjomu.jpg

Zucc played a very good game, got a lot of ice time. Think its time to let this go. Players make mistakes and bad decisions through out a long season. Everyone. Hopefully tonights game will make everybody happy again :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad