Confirmed with Link: L. Schenn and Lecavalier (each 50% retained) dealt to Kings for Jordan Weal & a 3rd

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
giphy.gif

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
So if Vinny retires after this year, Do we still have the 50% for the last two years of his contract or no?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Kings board saying VL retiring at end of season. Retained salary goes away if true, correct? If that happens the trade is less of a win bit still an awesome move and a huge win.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think he uses the date rape drug.
How does Hextall do it?
A 3rd for Rinaldo, and for McGinn.
2 2nd rd picks for Kimmo who could hardly skate.
a 1st and 3rd for Coburn
and now a 3rd and a legitimate prospect for Vinnie and L Schenn.

Incredible!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kings board saying VL retiring at end of season. Retained salary goes away if true, correct? If that happens the trade is less of a win bit still an awesome move and a huge win.

Yeah the contract comes completely off the books for both clubs. Basically this is Lombardi doing Hextall & Lecavalier a favor if that's how it indeed plays out.

Edit: Apparently Lombardi saw some value in Vinny but didn't like his contract.

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
Underrated part of this: I actually think Jordan Weal can be a legit player. He's not just a random throw in.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

Why would it be less of a win? We are retaining salary for only the rest of the year instead of the full term.

This is not a zero sum game.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Man, is General Fanager ever on the ball!! They have the retention numbers up already.

Lecavalier $2.25 million x 3 years
L Schenn $1.8 million

$4.112 million in cap space
We even save cap space this year vs. Lecavalier sitting in the press box. AND it's all erased on July 1st. Hextall is amazing. Brings a tear to my eye. I love this man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad