Confirmed with Link: L. Schenn and Lecavalier (each 50% retained) dealt to Kings for Jordan Weal & a 3rd

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Hexy getting anyone to take Vinny and some of his salary and get something in return is a positive.

However, I'm assuming this means more Manning?

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Ugh, we retained 50% on each deal...that's not good. Atleast Luke's is gone after this season.

Honestly it's not. Vinny was nearly unmovable without retaining at least something one way or another and the fact that it's only 50% isn't horrendous. Wow what a play by Hextall

Edit: wasn't aware 50% was essentially the max...still hyped about this lol

DJyellow

Sponsor
May 9, 2002
Laval
Amazing job by Hextall

the-rock-clapping.gif

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Wow wtf? This is awesome!
What does this do for our defense? MacDonald coming back up?

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Hexy getting anyone to take Vinny and some of his salary and get something in return is a positive.

However, I'm assuming this means more Manning?

Only if there's an injury I'd assume, that's got to be why Medvedev was out last night.

MDZ
Streit
Gudas
Shultz
Ghost
Medvedev

Manning

kingjmusicman

Jan 4, 2016
How anyone can say this is not good, please use logic and ask if this proposition was offered this morning would you have jumped at it? 50 per cent is less than 100 per cent 100 per cent of the time.

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
Honestly it's not. Vinny was nearly unmovable without retaining at least something one way or another and the fact that it's only 50% isn't horrendous. Wow what a play by Hextall

50% is the max you can retain.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada

"only" 50%, isnt that the max you can retain? I mean 100% it's a solid deal and I'm pumped. But still ****** it had to go this way with retaining 50%

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Retaining 50% on Vinny is still better than a buyout this summer. That's really the only comparable that matters.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
From what I remember you can only retain 50 percent of the money left on the deal not the cap hit. So what we retain might actually be less than half of his cap hit. Can anyone confirm or correct?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How anyone can say this is not good, please use logic and ask if this proposition was offered this morning would you have jumped at it? 50 per cent is less than 100 per cent 100 per cent of the time.

Especially when Vinny was likely trending towards a buyout anyway. If he retires we're off the hook with this. It wouldn't have been the case with a buyout. We even save a year in deadspace too. I'll have to wait for the numbers on the retention to see how they compare but I'd imagine it's close.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Underrated aspect of this deal-- when Lecavalier gets an opportunity and fails with the Kings because he sucks, he'll more than likely call it quits after this season.

EDIT: Whoa, he officially said he'll retire? Even better.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010

What is it, $4ishM against the cap this year and then it's all over!?! This is amazing!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad