Kyrou signed for 2 years @ 2.8M AAV

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Honestly not surprising after the year he just had. Paced himself at 50 points over a 82 game season in his first full NHL season.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
A bit surprised at $2.8, figured it'd be $2.5 max on a 2yr deal given he had no arbitration rights and only one season of solid production. But I won't argue with it, especially if he can maintain his early season level and not hit a wall like he did around March.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Unless we trade Tarasenko we're going to struggle to fit Sanford in under the cap or bring back Bozak - I'm expecting Thomas to go for something around there too.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Unless we trade Tarasenko we're going to struggle to fit Sanford in under the cap or bring back Bozak - I'm expecting Thomas to go for something around there too.
Given his recent injury struggles, I expect Thomas to come in substantially lower and on a 1 year bridge to allow him to re-build some value.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Just from a cap perspective I wish it had been a little less on the AAV, but from a value standpoint I’m perfectly fine with this. Even if he doesn’t take any further steps forwards development wise, a 50 point scoring RFA is worth significantly more than 2.8 millon a year.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Thought he would get around $2.5M but $2.8M isn't so bad. He took some major steps this past season and I'm confident that he'll be a consistent contributor for the team. He's the most exciting player to watch on the Blues and I hope to see him add to his highlight reel.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
hopefully it came in a little higher than expected because army's making a trade

kyrou will be worth $2.8m and hopefully it'll be a steal, but with so little cap room left, something has to give

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
As for the deal itself, it's more than acceptable. I think we are pretty confident he'll develop well. I won't say amazing because this is how bridge deals work, if you develop, you'll always get great value, and if you regress it'll suck. Boston thought they'd get great value on DeBrusk, and he's turning into a dud for them.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He will be worth that. I think he’ll eclipse 50 points this year. He has a great skillset.

Good contract. If they can get Thomas around the same I’d be happy.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I think Kyrou definitely will earn every penny of this contract. Surprised Blues didn't squeeze him on the AAV though. Definitely need to deal Tank now, or play with a short bench.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Kyrou's gonna love buffalo...... eichel's gonna love playing with saad and buchnevich....kidding aside, this a very nice bridge deal. He should outperform this cap hit both season, especially the 2nd year.

Excited for him and thomas and the hopeful physical gains they've made in this nice long offseason

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Nothing special. I wonder how we can squeeze Thomas and Sanford ~3.5mill.$?

Most likely Tarasenko will be out.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
This is a weird situation where the deal is fine in a vacuum, good even. It's potentially troublesome with where our cap is. We all expected this to be lower, so we could fit everyone under with equal deals. Now it looks like someone is getting squeezed out, unless we trade Tarasenko ASAP.

I am not a Sanford fan, but I'd rather have him on the roster than trade him for nothing due to cap crunch. Sanford has filed for arbitration, so we might not have much control over what we give him. He makes bone headed plays, but he puts up decent stats, so his arbitration award could be a good bit of our remaining cap.

I also don't want Thomas getting super lowballed and becoming disgruntled. Now that Barby and Kyrou got more than expected, something has to give. It will be interesting what Armstorng can come up with.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
This is a weird situation where the deal is fine in a vacuum, good even. It's potentially troublesome with where our cap is. We all expected this to be lower, so we could fit everyone under with equal deals. Now it looks like someone is getting squeezed out, unless we trade Tarasenko ASAP.

I am not a Sanford fan, but I'd rather have him on the roster than trade him for nothing due to cap crunch. Sanford has filed for arbitration, so we might not have much control over what we give him. He makes bone headed plays, but he puts up decent stats, so his arbitration award could be a good bit of our remaining cap.

I also don't want Thomas getting super lowballed and becoming disgruntled. Now that Barby and Kyrou got more than expected, something has to give. It will be interesting what Armstorng can come up with.

I wonder what the arbitration number for Sanford needs to be for the Blues to simply decline and walk.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I am pretty happy with this signing. Wish it was a little longer though because I think Kyrou is going to become 60+ point guy. It would have been nice to have a couple of more cheap years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad