Rumor: Kypreos: Chychrun to the Kings for Clarke - UPDATE: Clarke has been told he's not been traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Feel like Clarke is getting terribly overrated around here. To my knowledge, he tops out to be a Klingberg type? Isn't Chychrun pretty much what you hope Clarke becomes? There's no problem moving Clarke in this deal, especially with their immense depth at RD.

I'll take a stab: Clarke + Turcotte + Peterson as a base for Chych + Vej... I'd gather that LA would be adding a pick and another piece too
Clarke also has a physical edge. Klingberg was just brought in to ridicule Clarke. Not that he never was a great player but that really doesnt matter.

Chychrun cant move the puck like Clarke can so that’s another big difference.

Dumb move by Blake if he trades him.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You keep mentioning contract which has nothing to do with how each players effects their teams game. I'll take the guy who has the most even strength points in the league and plays 25 minutes a night.

I have said it elsewhere but Chychrun probably adds more value to a playoff contender than EK and also has the better contract and is much younger.

Some people are thinking that the Oilers might make a run at EK and IMO they are ill informed as the Oilers already have the best offense in the league and have structural issues in team defending, just not a good fit, nor are any of the other likely SC contenders 11.5 million for 4 more years means he will score his points in San Jose then miss the playoffs.

The bottom line is that EK simply wouldn't be scoring anywhere near his San Jose rate on a SC contender.

Clarke also has a physical edge. Klingberg was just brought in to ridicule Clarke. Not that he never was a great player but that really doesnt matter.

Chychrun cant move the puck like Clarke can so that’s another big difference.

Dumb move by Blake if he trades him.
I like Clarke but Chychrun is a really darn good Dman when healthy.

Reactions: Marner4Life

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wherever Chychrun is going for whomever, it appears like the trade talk need some more fiber in its diet.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
I have said it elsewhere but Chychrun probably adds more value to a playoff contender than EK and also has the better contract and is much younger.

Some people are thinking that the Oilers might make a run at EK and IMO they are ill informed as the Oilers already have the best offense in the league and have structural issues in team defending, just not a good fit, nor are any of the other likely SC contenders 11.5 million for 4 more years means he will score his points in San Jose then miss the playoffs.

The bottom line is that EK simply wouldn't be scoring anywhere near his San Jose rate on a SC contender.

I like Clarke but Chychrun is a really darn good Dman when healthy.
Chychrun has the better contract - no question.

Karlsson is the better player - no question.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Clarke’s probably going to be a great offensive defenseman in this league but it’s obviously not a guarantee. Many top ten picks pan out, many don’t.
Not picking on this poster as he is not the only one who will do this but its pretty funny how Clarke went from untouchable prospect to a question mark.
At the end of the day Armstrong did not hold out for over a year to get Turcotte, Walker, Spence and a late 1st for Chychrun. He was getting one of Byfield or Clarke or he was getting a top prospect from another team.

Reactions: Prestigeworldwide

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Has a player been held out for trade reasons and then wasn't traded?

Most teams don't say trade reasons, but obvious trade reasons

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is
Chychrun likely to be less prone to injury than n a better team? Less minutes. Less D zone play. More possession should mean less blocking shots.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Posters need to remember--there are goalies reportedly involved. Arizona is sending the best NHL assets out and looks to be getting magic beans. Clarke has only played 9 nhl games and that is it. D is a tough position to transition from JRs to the NHL. A lot of D men with a lot better rankings that Clarke could not do it. He is a jar of magic beans right now

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Not picking on this poster as he is not the only one who will do this but its pretty funny how Clarke went from untouchable prospect to a question mark.
At the end of the day Armstrong did not hold out for over a year to get Turcotte, Walker, Spence and a late 1st for Chychrun. He was getting one of Byfield or Clarke or he was getting a top prospect from another team.

He’s untouchable for me. That doesn’t change the fact that he might not pan out. No prospect is a sure thing. I might be optimistic on Clarke but my head’s not entirely in the clouds.

Where there’s smoke there’s sometimes fire. But again, it’s Kypreos and some random guy on Twitter. Yesterday it was Byfield and a first from a fake photoshopped tweet. I’m just “Yes, and…”-ing these ideas and running with them and hoping to be wrong.

As I’ve said many times, if it was me, I wouldn’t be trading Clarke or Byfield for Chychrun. If a combination of firsts and lesser prospects don’t do it, then I would pass.

But if it does happen, Chychrun’s a great player and there’s no undoing it, and the Kings are certainly better for it through at least next season.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Kypreos was the one who said if Nashville continues to struggle Saros will be made available

AKA take this rumour with a giant grain of salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad