Sportsnet: Kyper says Leafs have inquired on Berglund for Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Good! I hate Kadri's skill. We need players that grind, don't have a personality, grit or want to play for the team.

Kadri has all of that...he can't be a Leaf for too long.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I don't have the #'s but I believe he was getting 2nd unit PP time. At the very least for us, he'd give us another big body to throw in front of the net. I'm more wary about exactly why Blues fans complained about him so much, literally - it was like all the time, every game. :laugh:

1:38

BTW

During his 52 point season 2:54

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Berglund has 57 points in the last 2 years.

7 more points than Kadri scored in his first full season in the NHL.

Hang up the phone Nonis and don't do anything stupid... Not interested in Shattenkirk either, we already have a log-jam of offensive d-man, and Shattenkirk plays sheltered defensive minutes behind Pietrangelo and Polak, he would get exposed HARD here.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Good! I hate Kadri's skill. We need players that grind, don't have a personality, grit or want to play for the team.

Kadri has all of that...he can't be a Leaf for too long.

I agree. How dare he try to taint the Leafs uniform with his... skill and grit and personality. How dare he not suck! HOW DARE HE!!! :shakehead:rant:

:sarcasm:

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Well, they already got Alexander Steen from us and he's a 1st liner there. I'm sure they'd love Kadri too, heck maybe they let the kid play and develop like every other 23year old and he becomes their #1C in a year or two.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Didnt we just trade away a younger version of a Berglund type of player for a 4th round pick? No thanks. We do need size (and in international games Berglund have stepped it up somewhat) but he will imo be nothing more then a tweener 3rd/2nd line center. I would rather trade Kadri for a younger player (including top picks to get one) or just keep him.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Berglund is so overrated by Leafs' fans, Bozak and Kadri are both better.

Bolland might be slightly better as well.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Berglund has 57 points in the last 2 years.

7 more points than Kadri scored in his first full season in the NHL.

Hang up the phone Nonis and don't do anything stupid... Not interested in Shattenkirk either, we already have a log-jam of offensive d-man, and Shattenkirk plays sheltered defensive minutes behind Pietrangelo and Polak, he would get exposed HARD here.

Shattenkirk did pretty well with an even worse defensive team in Colorado as a rookie. Plus he played with Pietrangelo on the top pairing until they acquired Bouwmeester. Shattenkirk has tons of skill and is a guy we could slot in as the too RHD we've been missing for a while. I'd be willing to trade Kadri for Shattenkirk.

For Berglund, though? Hell no.

Oct 19, 2007
I like Berglund and I would not mind Kadri being included in a trade for him..The including a Grade A prospect while the Leafs including a grade B prospect would get it done.:handclap:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Berglund is so overrated by Leafs' fans, Bozak and Kadri are both better.

Bolland might be slightly better as well.

Bolland is an upgrade. Absolutely it's why I said his and Kules rights and maybe Holland works for Berglund. Actually, not even Holland, I would do Ashton. We want him as a 3rd and don't want to pay Bolland 5m so it makes sense. Knowing he can pull 2nd line duty if need be is fine.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
if this trade happens, I can see Steen 2.0 all over again. I will definitely will Burn my Leafs Jerseys lol. Kyper is becoming another Ecklund. What a joke

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
There are no doubt other pieces in work. If this goes down, Nonis has other deals in the fire. This roster is not a finished product.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
We are making moves on the 8th worst team in the NHL, 26th in GA, maybe I am in the minority, but I see this as a good thing.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Terrible.

A 50 point 23 year old centre is useless, so lets get a 26 year old 50 point centre. That's so Leafs.

FYI, Kadri 1 more year @ $2.9. Berglund is RFA and made $3.25 last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad