Speculation: Kyle turris

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
13GP 0G 3A 3P -3 aren't really even elite 2nd line center numbers. I was hoping he'd do well in Nashville because I like Turris but I wonder if he's begun his decline already.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
He was great in the playoffs last year, so I'm kind of doubting it's the latter... :eyeroll:

I wouldn't say GREAT but definitely no slouch. He has definitely come up very big in the past in big moments (a couple of huge OT winners) , but I have definitely seen him play better and more consistent than last years playoffs. But a couple of goals in major moments makes up for it. Definitely doesn't stink though.

He's tough as hell though so I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing through an injury

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
trade him to the islanders for the rights to tavares
No thanks. Isles made the decision to gamble on loyalty bringing Tavares back. If they wouldn't trade him at the TDL when prices are highest, I see little reason to panic at the 11th hr and take an unwanted return

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
No thanks. Isles made the decision to gamble on loyalty bringing Tavares back. If they wouldn't trade him at the TDL when prices are highest, I see little reason to panic at the 11th hr and take an unwanted return
I mean sure if you’d rather lose him for nothing

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
For crying out load...

Turris is fine as a 2nd center.

The issue in bashville was Rhinne having a GAA of 1 goal more in the pkayoffs.

Other issue is team had all scoring on one line.
.given Turris slup i would have moved Forsburg yo turris line and gace 2 lines producing.

Nashville has ztolinen so they dont need yo ho out and get a winger.

Nashville does have cap issues. Long term they meed to pkan Weber re apture hitting them with 6M or more starting in 23-23.

I see nashville trading Ellis for an ELC for playrr on D on lower cap hit.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Turris is usually pretty clutch in the playoffs. Might not put up massive points but he has a knack for scoring big goals in key times.

Guy had a bad playoff, it happens. Last time I checked he wasn't the only one on the ice.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That 600 games was in the past. Players start to decline at various ages...

You know, you're probably right. his 51 in 76, .67PPG pace during the regular season was was probably the end of him. Between the last game of the season and the playoffs, he hit a VERY steep decline. Like, pushed off a mountain steep.

Its not even remotely possible that he just had a bad stretch of games when it was least opportune to have them.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You know, you're probably right. his 51 in 76, .67PPG pace during the regular season was was probably the end of him. Between the last game of the season and the playoffs, he hit a VERY steep decline. Like, pushed off a mountain steep.

Its not even remotely possible that he just had a bad stretch of games when it was least opportune to have them.
Why would it not be remotely possible? You know there are things called a slump right...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why would it not be remotely possible? You know there are things called a slump right...

EcstaticHilariousBarb-max-1mb.gif

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Turris had a 5 point in 24 game stretch from 12/19 to 2/17. He just so happened to have another really bad stretch at the worst possible time. Rinne also had a bad stretch at the worst possible time. So did Ellis and Josi.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Today is Friday? Quick, look in your crystal ball and PM me tonight's mega millions numbers.
I would love to retire early :popcorn:
Doesn’t need to be done today. This trade would probably happen around draft time. Also I don’t share my numbers sorry ;)

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Doesn’t need to be done today. This trade would probably happen around draft time. Also I don’t share my numbers sorry ;)
Since the isles are waiting until Tavares talks to other teams, in the last week of June +July , that will be a neat trick ( getting his rights before he talks to other teams)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad