Confirmed with Link: Kyle Quincey Traded to Columbus for Dalton Prout

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
You think Shero and Hynes have done a good job evaluating our defenseman? Honestly

They are stop gaps making little money, most people are smart enough to realize this. There will be a lot of trade opportunities this summer. Can't just add legit top 4 d men by snapping your fingers.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Obviously it won't have a long term negative impact, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad move.

The more concerning thing to me is not the trade but that once again this is another bad move that Hynes and Shero have made when evaluating our defenseman. That's the legitimate concern about this move.

I really don't get this. I've tried to see your point of view but I can't. We don't know a lot of things right now and if you want to speculate all this doom and gloom stuff then be my guest. Is Prout even going to be in our lineup? Because Greene, Lovejoy, Santini, Merrill, Moore and Severson is a fine top 6 to end the year - especially considering we aren't going to the playoffs. Then we'll see what he does in the off-season to improve the defense. The most logical thing here is that Prout was acquired to expose in the expansion draft, perhaps saving one of the other Dmen they would have otherwise exposed.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
no it really doesn't. these guys combined make a little bit over 5 million dollars. it doesn't show an obsession by shero at all.

Extending Moore - Bad move
Signing Lovejoy - Bad move
Burying Auvitu - Bad move
Letting Schlemko walk - Bad move
Playing Moore over Merrill early this year - Bad move

The minute distributions to our d core have been awful all year

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Yeah I'm sure there was TONS of interest in Quincey if the best deal we could get was for a crappy 7-8 d-man. GMs were banging down the doors but Shero held strong and said, nope, I want that guy who isn't good.

This registers on my radar as pointless at worst. $1.5M next year? Who cares. Huge nothing burger.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
The only logical reason we do this is we were getting absolutely nothing offers for him and its done for the expansion draft. Prout is literally a scrap heap player.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

Moore was never extended....

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

they didn't extend moore? they signed him to a three year deal at 1.6m. just buying low and hoping that it works out.

I didn't like the Lovejoy deal either but it's one move.
Schlemko got 4 years. Maybe the devils didn't want to match term.

You think Shero doesn't know how to evaluate d-men but he's the one who went out and got Auvitu and Schlemko.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Moore wasn't extended

Lovejoy isn't good but a lot of it is him playing over his head on the first pair, not his fault and getting a top pair Dman isn't easy.

Auvitu is okay but I don't really care or not if he's here or down in the A

"Letting" him walk, sure. As if he would have rather chosen us over the Sharks anyway. Look at the standings.

Merrill wasn't that good to start the season. He's been good for the most part but not at the beginning.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Moore Lovejoy Quincey are stopgaps. We need to get talent on the blue line. Not exactly easy.

I totally get this. I'm not asking for unrealistic fixes. But I do want to see some semblance of a constructive thought process when acquiring and managing our defenseman

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

More of that is on Hynes than Shero. Playing Moore is Hynes, not playing Auvitu is Hynes (why keep him up to just sit), Moore wasn't extended. Signing Lovejoy would've been fine if he stayed as a bottom pairing PKer, which again... is on Hynes.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Have to think Shero was doing Quincey a solid and giving him a chance with a playoff team.

Doesn't seem like there was much of a market outside the big names.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I totally get this. I'm not asking for unrealistic fixes. But I do want to see some semblance of a constructive thought process when acquiring and managing our defenseman
Best way to get talent on the blueline is by drafting it. Second best way is via trade (we were/stll are dry in tradeable assets). Third is free agency. Not much the last two years.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
More of that is on Hynes than Shero. Playing Moore is Hynes, not playing Auvitu is Hynes (why keep him up to just sit), Moore wasn't extended. Signing Lovejoy would've been fine if he stayed as a bottom pairing PKer, which again... is on Hynes.

You're right my gripe is really with Hynes and not Shero. Prout will probably become a regular

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I don't believe we ever extended Moore, he has a year left on a 3 year deal and we can't even extend him until July 1st.

I don't think the Lovejoy signing was a bad move, as he wasn't nearly this bad in past years.

Agree on everything else though, especially the minute distributions, which falls directly on our novice head coach.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I hate Moore, but I completely disagree.

A young 24 year old LD with NHL experience and NHL tools isn't a horrible move for a team that was and still is devoid of young LD talent.

The move has turned out horrible though. So it's a bad move

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Moore was never extended. He was signed to a three-year deal in the summer of 2015.

Lovejoy wasn't a bad move. He's just asked to play too large a role in our system.

If burying Auvitu is a bad move, was signing him a good one? Give credit where credit is due.

Letting Schlemko walk. I kind of agree, but how about giving him some credit for finding him as a diamond in the rough?

You're being pretty biased.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The move has turned out horrible though. So it's a bad move

I don't really agree with evaluating moves like this. Signing Moore has not worked out, but it was a fine move when it was made - I wasn't a big fan, but it was low-risk with decent reward. Now, they have to get rid of him this off-season for things to really work out with him, because it just hasn't worked out at all.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I really don't get this. I've tried to see your point of view but I can't. We don't know a lot of things right now and if you want to speculate all this doom and gloom stuff then be my guest. Is Prout even going to be in our lineup? Because Greene, Lovejoy, Santini, Merrill, Moore and Severson is a fine top 6 to end the year - especially considering we aren't going to the playoffs. Then we'll see what he does in the off-season to improve the defense. The most logical thing here is that Prout was acquired to expose in the expansion draft, perhaps saving one of the other Dmen they would have otherwise exposed.

Or trade to a team that needs someone to expose. Unlikely, but who knows

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes