Confirmed with Link: Kyle Quincey Traded to Columbus for Dalton Prout

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Maybe Shero saw that he was getting no return on Quincey so he decided to take a chance on Prout for possible future returns? He's one of those guys that gains value with experience as a "solid" defensive d-man if he plays well in the next year and maybe gets traded for a pick. If not, well no big loss it's a small contract.

Just trying to make sense of this.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
It's also negative value for Shero in future trades if he just takes a crap return for no reason.

No, it isn't. He can just say **** off. As oppose to trying to hook a stop gap FA when you just made a vet on an expiring contract play meaningless hockey for no reason.

This logic I've seen twice now is silly. It's just like the people that highlight 1 bad trade/signing, and use that as the benchmark for everything else. It's dumb.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Thought Prout was a forward for some reason.

I got mixed up initially too. My kneejerk thought was that it was winger Dalton Smith who Columbus took 34th overall in 2010 (over his junior teammate Tyler Toffoli). I didn't realize Prout was signed for that much next season.

Can't say I understand this one.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meh

Prout sucks

And why do I get the feeling that Parenteau's injury is gonna keep him from being injured?

This probably means no Auvitu.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Prout is complete garbage. Don't understand this move at all. That's actually an extremely good move for Jarmo to get a servicable depth defenseman at the deadline while moving a bad player off the roster.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Sorry but this trade absolutely is trash for us.

Prout is garbage, he'll make LJ look good, that' how horrid he is.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Prout is complete garbage. Don't understand this move at all. That's actually an extremely good move for Jarmo to get a servicable depth defenseman at the deadline while moving a bad player off the roster.

It HAS to be a thank you to Jarmo for letting us have Castron and some of his scouts. Has to. Otherwise this is just stupid.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The overreaction in this thread is making my day so much better. We traded a #6-8 D-man for a #6-8 D-man. You guys wanna borrow some of my Xanax? Sheesh.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The overreaction in this thread is making my day so much better. We traded a #6-8 D-man for a #6-8 D-man. You guys wanna borrow some of my Xanax? Sheesh.

Quincey was top 10 on all of the available player boards heading into the day today. There's no reason why he couldn't return at least a 3rd or 4th. By the numbers, Quincey is a #4/5 dman with a digestible contract. Prout is AHL fodder.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Darn we didn't get a precious 3rd or 4th round pick for a guy leaving us in a month. I'm not thrilled with the deal but it's not the end of the world guys...

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I hope we get to hear Shero's reasoning on this deal at his conference call later.

I agree with others that this isn't that important that this is a bad deal but I'd still like to know why the Devils made a deal that seems bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad