Kyle Palmieri

iamcaper

What is the realistic potential as far as which line he'll play this year and his production in terms of points or his role?

I know there's going to be a lot of tweaking with the lines to find chemistry with the changes between this year and last year but do you see him sticking as a top 6 guy and possibly cracking 50 points?

I know there's a lot of youth on the team but I really like the potential in the forward depth your team has. Wish you luck in a very tough division.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In last 3 motnhs in THIS section there has been 2 Palmieri threads, let`s use one of those.

To answer question - no idea about the lines but he should see increased ice time for sure. There`s still a lot of potential with him.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
What is the realistic potential as far as which line he'll play this year and his production in terms of points or his role?

I know there's going to be a lot of tweaking with the lines to find chemistry with the changes between this year and last year but do you see him sticking as a top 6 guy and possibly cracking 50 points?

I know there's a lot of youth on the team but I really like the potential in the forward depth your team has. Wish you luck in a very tough division.

Realistically, he'll could wind up anywhere. He could click with the twins once and for all, or he might be a fit with Kesler if they choose not to make that line a shut down line. Or, he could screw around again and get 12 minutes a night on Rakell's or Thompson's wing.

He'll definitely get his chances in the early part of the season. Whether he sticks, I think it's even money.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I just don't see him as a permanent fixture on the top line. He's not very good at the cycling game the twins play, be that because he's too small or too uncommitted I don't know, but it doesn't work when they try to grind on the boards. He can play a speed cycle game well, but that only works with those guys if he gets in first, zips around waiting for them, then gives it to one of them and they score - post shot the cycle breaks down. I'm of the opinion Kesler will be used primarily as a defensive scoring center, which again means no Palmieri on that line. So he's going to need to prove himself on the third scoring line. Good luck with the rookie.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
I just don't see him as a permanent fixture on the top line. He's not very good at the cycling game the twins play, be that because he's too small or too uncommitted I don't know, but it doesn't work when they try to grind on the boards. He can play a speed cycle game well, but that only works with those guys if he gets in first, zips around waiting for them, then gives it to one of them and they score - post shot the cycle breaks down. I'm of the opinion Kesler will be used primarily as a defensive scoring center, which again means no Palmieri on that line. So he's going to need to prove himself on the third scoring line. Good luck with the rookie.

Dont hold your breath for palms on the top line. Im not knocking palms, but history has shown ABSOLUTELLY NO ONE WORKS LONGTERM ON THE 1ST LINE. Lets just accept that the 1st line is Getz, Perry, and flavor of the moment. Thats when the line works best. We just throw a filler guy in there.

Im hoping Palms finds a spot in this lineup. But i dont think its fair to keep plugging in youngsters in the 1st line, watch it fail, and blame it on the kid. Getz and Perry dont play well with their linemate longterm.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think the plan is to have Maroon and Smith-Pelly battle it out for the first line LW spot at training camp. I think Palmieri ends up on a line with Rakell and Etem.

Maroon/DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Silfverberg-Kesler-Cogliano
Palmieri-Rakell-Etem
Beleskey-Thompson-DSP/Maroon

Boudreau will line juggle a ton though, and Karlsson and Kerdiles are big wild cards in all of this.

Edit: disregard this post entirely.

I wonder if Kesler's line will the the shutdown line or a scoring line. If you put him w/ Silf and Cogs it can be a very strong shutdown line, but if he put him w/ Palms and Maroon I think we'll see Kesler score around 60 points

Last edited:

getzforfighting*

Well we just signed Heatley so thats false.

Heatley-Getzlaf-Perry
Maroon-Kesler-Palmieri
Cogliano-Rakell-Silfverberg
Beleskey-Thompson-DSP/Etem
Jackman

Edit: As for the Kesler with Cogs/Silf, I like Kesbae with Maroon/Palms preferably because it spreads out the teams defensive ability. A line of Maroon-Rakell-Palmieri would be a huge liability in our own end.

Last edited by a moderator:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Heatley-Getzlaf-Perry
Maroon-Kesler-Palmieri
Jackman

lmao completely forgot about heater. Back to the drawing board :laugh::laugh:

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

The problem with Palmieri not sticking on the top line isn't that he can't/won't cycle, it's that he just can't play the left wing. He's very much like Perry and Selanne and just nailed to the right side of the ice. He's great at getting himself free in front of the net so when Getzlaf or Perry is feeding him a pass from below the goal line he's great. But he just go to pieces on the rush coming down the left side.

But he's our number two right winger right now especially since Cogs moved to the left side. If Bruce wants to go with a more offensive-minded second line I can see Maroon and Palmieri being grouped with Kesler. If he wants that to be more of a shutdown/counter-attacking line then I think he goes with Cogliano and Silfverberg with Kesler which leaves things kind of up in the air with Palmieri. He's not bad in the bottom-six but he just seems to wait for his opportunity for offense. We might see a speed line with him, Etem and Thompson. I like him paired with Maroon so it'll be interesting to see which center meshes best with the two of them.

He has a lot of talent and our best pure-scoring winger behind Perry. But he doesn't have a lot of other intangibles that make his spot in the lineup secured. I think there's a lot of pressure on him to preform well right out of the gate otherwise he could be on his way out.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

Heatley-Getzlaf-Perry
Maroon-Kesler-Palmieri
Jackman

Edit: As for the Kesler with Cogs/Silf, I like Kesbae with Maroon/Palms preferably because it spreads out the teams defensive ability. A line of Maroon-Rakell-Palmieri would be a huge liability in our own end.

Based on what? Maroon was a plus 11 and Palmieri a plus 9. The one thing everyone seems to agree on about Rakell is he's solid in his own end. This team doesn't have any forwards that I would classify as a defensive liability, even Heatley. I don't see why grouping those three together would be an issue at all.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Based on what? Maroon was a plus 11 and Palmieri a plus 9. The one thing everyone seems to agree on about Rakell is he's solid in his own end. This team doesn't have any forwards that I would classify as a defensive liability, even Heatley. I don't see why grouping those three together would be an issue at all.

+/- isn't a good indicator of defensive play.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Maroon and Palmieri aren't very good defensively.

Their roles have been ill defined.

SC winning ducks... a team of players with set lines and positions with specifics tasks and objectives.
SC winning kings... same deal. Organized by roles. Players own and have distinct objectives for themselves and their line.

Palmeri and Silf and maroon in 2013-14 were tossed around on lines with poorly defined objectives and revolving door linemates. No center... Selanne coughing the puck up...

I think its fair to say they havent shown defensive magnificence... but you have to admit that either guy could develop into a defensive role, given some stability.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Their roles have been ill defined.

SC winning ducks... a team of players with set lines and positions with specifics tasks and objectives.
SC winning kings... same deal. Organized by roles. Players own and have distinct objectives for themselves and their line.

Palmeri and Silf and maroon in 2013-14 were tossed around on lines with poorly defined objectives and revolving door linemates. No center... Selanne coughing the puck up...

I think its fair to say they havent shown defensive magnificence... but you have to admit that either guy could develop into a defensive role, given some stability.

I'm just looking at them as they currently are. What they could become is up for debate, but if we're looking at what we can expect next season, I don't think we can safely say they can be depended on in any type of defensive role.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think he will be our 4th best scorer next season after Perry, Kesler and Getzlaf.

Bones and Perrault made considering scoring jumps last season to be the Ducks' third and fourth best scorers in the regular season. Palms has been the team's 8th best scorer for the past two years. Maybe this year is his year to make that jump into the top 7?

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Am I crazy or do I seem to recall the twins playing very well with Fedoruk on their line? I remember getting a kick out of him playing with them but it actually worked quite well.

Or am I just crazy?

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
heaters getz perry
cogs kestler silf
dsp / maroon / bels rakell palms / dsp
bels maroon dsp thompson etem / dsp / jackman

way to many ifs but the first two lines are probably gonna be set as above to start the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad