Kyle Palmieri

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
forever scratched.

couldn't get ice time all season (consistently) ahead of silf, beleskey, maroon, even when penner was in BB's doghouse he was oft scratched. that's why his trade value is so low and he so rarely comes up.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Losing Palmieri could hurt. He wasn't that good last year, but he still is a very skilled young player. Plus we're losing Selanne. I'd think twice before trading him.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Palmieri is way too inconsistent. He needs consistent linemates and he can hopefully gain some confidence and overall consistency. If we get Kesler then I think he will be a great winger for Kesler.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I always thought he was fine with Bonino, with Maroon or Cogliano as the other winger. I just think they need to stay together for longer than a short stretch. Hopefully with Selanne retiring, they can do that.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm excited about him and Silfverberg heading into next season. I think those two were most held back by our 40 year old passengers last season. They're going to get huge opportunities next year and I hope they succeed

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
I'm excited about him and Silfverberg heading into next season. I think those two were most held back by our 40 year old passengers last season. They're going to get huge opportunities next year and I hope they succeed

I agree. I'm hoping for Kesler and a future line of Silfverberg - Kesler - Palmieri to make some noise. If that turns out to be the line of course.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I always thought he was fine with Bonino, with Maroon or Cogliano as the other winger. I just think they need to stay together for longer than a short stretch. Hopefully with Selanne retiring, they can do that.

The Maroon-Bonino-Palmieri line was near the top in the AHL scoring when they were playing together. I don't really understand why BB didn't play them together more.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Agreed. Rakell is a much better playmaker then Koivu and if he is on that 3rd line with Cogs and Silver then I see great things.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
The Maroon-Bonino-Palmieri line was near the top in the AHL scoring when they were playing together. I don't really understand why BB didn't play them together more.

I agree and I thought that line played well when they were together in the NHL. I wish that line was played more often. Obvious chemistry.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Agreed. Rakell is a much better playmaker then Koivu and if he is on that 3rd line with Cogs and Silver then I see great things.

Koivu may have been weak last season but that's not fair for Rakell. Koivu is one of the better players ever played this game.

I really like Palmeri and Silf and expect them to improove dramatically which means ~ 20g each. I also enjoyed the progess of Silf overall. For some reason I don't want to loose one of our top young players.

Oct 18, 2011
he produces at an efficient rate, while constantly being moved around, and not getting much quality PP time. the coaches need to start using him better and allow him to build chemistry with some guys

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Koivu may have been weak last season but that's not fair for Rakell. Koivu is one of the better players ever played this game.

I really like Palmeri and Silf and expect them to improove dramatically which means ~ 20g each. I also enjoyed the progess of Silf overall. For some reason I don't want to loose one of our top young players.

I'm not even a big Rakell fan because I think he lacks the finish needed to be a legit top 6 center. Even I can admit that his playmaking is an easy upgrade over last year's Koivu.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
He has the highest offensive upside of any of our wingers, just a question if he can produce reguarly at the NHL level. I think it's promising that despite it being a down year, he still managed to pot 14 goals with minimal ice time.

Next year is make or break for him, if he doesn't reach the next level I wouldn't be surprised to see him potentially on the trade block.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
forever scratched.

couldn't get ice time all season (consistently) ahead of silf, beleskey, maroon, even when penner was in BB's doghouse he was oft scratched. that's why his trade value is so low and he so rarely comes up.
He played more games than every player that you listed. Most of his missed games were from injury.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
Silf took a lot of his playing time this year and he was squeezed out by Teemu. Underperformed with a few big games. Signed to a great contract and is a valuable asset we can use for someone bigger.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
forever scratched.

This is just not true. Palmieri played 71 games, and was consistently getting ice time.

His play was anything but consistent, but that really isn't all that surprising for a young player of his type. He has great scoring instincts, a real nice shot, good hands, and he can get dirty. Palmieri's biggest problems right now are that he hasn't found a way to be effective when he doesn't have the puck.

So, yes, he has some things to work on, but your "forever scratched" statement is just wrong.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think, given a larger role, he will put up more offense. I think he can easily be a 25 goal (or more) guy. But I fear that he has a Bobby Ryan lazy streak in him that will cause him to disappear too often. I think next year will be a big opportunity for him to show who he really is.

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
your "forever scratched" statement is just wrong.

i remember seeing his name on the scratched list before several games. of course i like the guy so maybe it's just remembering it that way. it certainly seemed like his name was on there a lot more than beleskey, maroon, penner.

Palmieri played 71 games, and was consistently getting ice time.
how much ice time was he actually getting in those games? i guess i never noticed him on the ice when he was on then. that's depressing, i thought it was mostly a case of him being odd man out similar to sbisa (post injury). i thought even sbisa got a shot on the wing ahead of palmieri for a game, but wouldn't be surprised if palms wasn't scratched that game.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
i remember seeing his name on the scratched list before several games. of course i like the guy so maybe it's just remembering it that way. it certainly seemed like his name was on there a lot more than beleskey, maroon, penner.

A lot of players were on the scratched list last season. Boudreau rotated players in and out of the line-up, and Palmieri spent more time in the line-up than most.

how much ice time was he actually getting in those games? i guess i never noticed him on the ice when he was on then. that's depressing, i thought it was mostly a case of him being odd man out similar to sbisa (post injury). i thought even sbisa got a shot on the wing ahead of palmieri for a game, but wouldn't be surprised if palms wasn't scratched that game.[/QUOTE]

He averaged about 12 minutes, which is right there with a number of other forwards. Anyone who wasn't getting a chunk of special teams time was about that number.

I won't argue that Palmieri had issues with being invisible, but I refer back to his issues away from the puck. He just needs to learn to be more effective in the defensive zone, and when he doesn't have the puck in the offensive zone.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Palmieri is either great or invisible, he rarely has anything in between. He needs to learn to be motivated at all times - notably when he doesn't have the puck and when he's in a game where it isn't going his way. I think with his shot he has the most upside of any of our young wings, he just needs to put together the rest of his game. Not playing on the top line and his off side should help him dramatically.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I lost track of how many times I asked myself: "Did the light finally come on for Palms?" Then he disappears. Then reappears. He has the talent to be top 6, he has the highest offensive ceiling of the kids(Etem, Silf, Rakell, DSP)... but he just can't seem to put it together. I hope he doesn't become another Sbisa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad