Rumor: Kyle on 590..we can and we will sign 34 16 29

21stAmendment

Beer snob,Movie buff
Apr 4, 2012
NYC
Elliott Friedman is an idiot for even bringing this up. What is he expecting Dubas to say no we cant?

For a so called insider he's starting to look like a bottom feeding fish. Whats next going to search through garbage cans. He's just spewing garbage
He could of dodged the question. It’s notable he didn’t. Good question and something the hockey world has been discussing.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
What Johnson?

Letang wasn't hurt both times and the pens also had Trevor Daley who was a top-4 dman for them.

Did you not mention jack johnson? Daley top 4 wow..so best yr 38pts. Zaitsev did that yr 1 but he isnt top 4 when he played 28min a game but Daley is? Daily is a third pair. Letang played 12 playoff games...they didnt sweep every team..dude he missed most of the post season plus that's their only stud..even now b4 johnson..take letang out who do they have that's better then our current group?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I guess you forget we have rielly locked up, hainsey has 1 year, Dermotts cheap, Zaitsev is tradeable we have liligjen on elc and hill 2yr 675000

Plus it's all about team D..Pitts back 2 back cups with a bunch of 3rd pair D..gee I wonder how they won?
there goalie stood on there head

Murray came down to earth and there were knocked out early

our frwds we'll be able to overcome a meh D but Andy's going to have to play very well for us to have a long run

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
there goalie stood on there head

Murray came down to earth and there were knocked out early

our frwds we'll be able to overcome a meh D but Andy's going to have to play very well for us to have a long run

12th best Ga in the league 8ga better then the caps..why dont people get team D is usually how you lose big or win..rather than pure position. So LA must blow..they have doughty swept in first round. Right? Not

Reactions: PromisedLand

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
12th best Ga in the league 8ga better then the caps..why dont people get team D is usually how you lose big or win..rather than pure position. So LA must blow..they have doughty swept in first round. Right? Not
i agree it's about team D and goaltending but the further you get in the playoffs the bigger the chance a teams flaws get exposed

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
i agree it's about team D and goaltending but the further you get in the playoffs the bigger the chance a teams flaws get exposed

Yup. Also lost 2 defensively challenged players Bozak and JVR. Gained a top 5 NHL star who is excellent in his own zone so is kadri and so is Matthews..even Marner.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Did you not mention jack johnson? Daley top 4 wow..so best yr 38pts. Zaitsev did that yr 1 but he isnt top 4 when he played 28min a game but Daley is? Daily is a third pair. Letang played 12 playoff games...they didnt sweep every team..dude he missed most of the post season plus that's their only stud..even now b4 johnson..take letang out who do they have that's better then our current group?
No I did not mention jack Johnson, like at all. He is a bottom pair defender and had been a bottom pairing defender when the pens won their cups.

I never said zaitsev wasn't top 4, I said he was decent. He was a decent top 4 defender as a rookie but thats all.

Letang played 12 games in this playoffs, not last last playoffs or the season before. He played 23 playoffs games in 2016 and was amazing then.

If you take out letang, they have dumolin and maataa who are better than any one on our team defensively. They have Schultz who is as good as gardener.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011

Most people here I dont think ever played real hockey to understand it's a team sport. Your forwards aren't good in own zone it puts that much more on the positional guys most times its the forward missing coverage.

Also I think dermott is a top 4..he will be this or next. Lily will be a stud as well. Holl is way under rated Borgman if he could play 82 games like he played October and November top 6 all day. We have igor oz let's see how he does. I'm sure a move ..probably trade is coming to help back end De Haan is an idiot went to Carolina for more $ instead of a cup contender.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I think a lot of heavy lifting still needs to be done by Dubas. We need to not just lock up the big 3 but a number of the kids who are now gonna be thrust into the top 3 lines. I would be concerned with this before we worry about adding a D because we need to know what our cap situation will be next year. That being said this is what I would look to do:

Matthews 11 x 8
Marner 7.5 x 8
Nylander 6.5 x 7
Kapanen 3 x 1.25
Johnson 3 x 1

By signing these 5 we essentially have our top 9 locked in to reasonable cap hits for the next 3. All can be front loaded with bonuses paid July 1 and league min as salary.

Essentially we then have the ability find another top 4 RHD. Personally my preference would be to trade Gardiner as I believe Dermott can step in that role and we likely have a bottom pairing replacement in either Rosen or Borgman.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
The bonuses dont matter..well to the cap..the player yes because it goes straight into their bank. What huge pay day for JT eh what 65 70mill etransfer lol

no your actually missing the point about the bonuses

1) those get paid during a owners lock out, player salary does not

and i heard rumors that they get taxed differently

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I’d like to see how he gets the blue line.
Should be interesting.
Wonder what he has in mind.
You have to take into account that Hainsey is aging and some in house might not be good enough.

little grin will be ready when hainsey is done, you can take that to the bank

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
No I did not mention jack Johnson, like at all. He is a bottom pair defender and had been a bottom pairing defender when the pens won their cups.

I never said zaitsev wasn't top 4, I said he was decent. He was a decent top 4 defender as a rookie but thats all.

Letang played 12 games in this playoffs, not last last playoffs or the season before. He played 23 playoffs games in 2016 and was amazing then.

If you take out letang, they have dumolin and maataa who are better than any one on our team defensively. They have Schultz who is as good as gardener.

Schultz is no where near Gardiner. Hes had on 50 pts season. W.e. think what you will you wont listen. Team D far exceeds pure positional D.

We are built scoring heavy. D is avg and last yr 12th best goals against so that's top 3rd in the league. And our goalie is a vez candidate all day.

Take shots against, high danger shots into account. Faced 200 more shots than any other goalie..he stole us several in season and 2 in the playoffs.

Whilst Capitals gave up 8 more in the season Holtby stunk until the conference finals then stood on his head. No Holtby Vegas wins the cup no question

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
no your actually missing the point about the bonuses

1) those get paid during a owners lock out, player salary does not

and i heard rumors that they get taxed differently

No you're wrong partially. Bonuses are lockout protected meaning they get that whether they have a season or not..I made a mistake..15.9 went into his account. Lol

You're right about salary..lockout they dont get a check.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
JT wouldn't have signed here if he thought that it would have cost them Nylander or Marner.

Even he said so when he was on Overdrive yesterday.

your gonna have to tell me why you think this???

it's not like poof their gone

they would return massive pieces.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
your gonna have to tell me why you think this???

it's not like poof their gone

they would return massive pieces.

You wanna know why? Dubas and JT were separately interviewed..JT confirmed he asked Kyle how he was keeping young core together. JT wouldn't take his word for it. There would have to be some proof.. and you missed the thread name fan590 elliot Friedman was told by dubas "we can and will sign all 3." You think he would say that and trade 1 or not sign one he would look stupid

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Marner $8,000,000 8 years
Willy exactly the same and Matthews $10,000,000 8 years.

Tavares 11
Matthews 10
Nylander 8
Marner. 8

$37,000,000
---------------------------

Doable

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
What are you talking about? Putting Horton on LtIr means his salary doesnt count to cap man

no he has a point ,,,when you go into ltir and the team has elc bonuses to be paid, those get pushed onto next years cap , this year we lose 2.5m cap to last years carried over bonuses

and our elcs could earn up to another 3.5m this season , it would be wise for us to eat that 6m this season and not next when M/M kick in.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I'd definitely prefer them to all re-sign ASAP and hope both Matthews and Marner feel the same. Fair to say waiting could work out for the better or not as much (for the player). Term is also a factor. The more term given the more a team is betting on what they envision the player becoming, not just what the player has currently achieved.

for my own sanity, yes please kyle ink them up asap
then we can shut all the damn haters up and the bloody hyena media

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
No you're wrong partially. Bonuses are lockout protected meaning they get that whether they have a season or not..I made a mistake..15.9 went into his account. Lol

You're right about salary..lockout they dont get a check.

ummm thats what i bloody said lmao

bonus gets paid during lock out

salary does not.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Marner $8,000,000 8 years
Willy exactly the same and Matthews $10,000,000 8 years.

Tavares 11
Matthews 10
Nylander 8
Marner. 8

$37,000,000
---------------------------

Doable

Sure it'll end up being expensive but with that kind of forward group you don't need to worry about who's rounding out those top lines for years to come.

____-Matthews-Nylander
____-Tavares-Marner

Rotate in wingers like how Pitts does it for their cheap depth players. Good timing to have our AHL system working as well as it has been.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Schultz is no where near Gardiner. Hes had on 50 pts season. W.e. think what you will you wont listen. Team D far exceeds pure positional D.

We are built scoring heavy. D is avg and last yr 12th best goals against so that's top 3rd in the league. And our goalie is a vez candidate all day.

Take shots against, high danger shots into account. Faced 200 more shots than any other goalie..he stole us several in season and 2 in the playoffs.

Whilst Capitals gave up 8 more in the season Holtby stunk until the conference finals then stood on his head. No Holtby Vegas wins the cup no question
The defense is below average. The reason why we were 12th in the league and 2nd in the east in gaa was because Andersen and mcelhinney stood on their heads all season. The leafs did this while giving up the 4th most shots against per game, an average of 32 iirc. It may be more. In the playoffs, their defense got worse, evident by them up 35 shots against per game in the playoffs and allowing 28 goals in 7 games. That an average off 4 goals against per game. Without elite goaltending, allowing 35 shots per game isn't not going to win you a series, let alone a cup.

As for Andersen, he stole us games 3,5 and 6, while preforming less than average in the other games. The defense was brutal in all those games, except for game 4. ironically, Andersen wasn't good in that game.

The capitals gave up 8 more goals in the regular season because holtby sucked in the regular season. However in the playoffs he played amazing. Andersen did the opposite. The caps defense was bad in the first 3/4 of the season, then rhey added kempny and played much better. The leafs haven't added anyone to make that defense better like the caps did with kempny.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
You wanna know why? Dubas and JT were separately interviewed..JT confirmed he asked Kyle how he was keeping young core together. JT wouldn't take his word for it. There would have to be some proof.. and you missed the thread name fan590 elliot Friedman was told by dubas "we can and will sign all 3." You think he would say that and trade 1 or not sign one he would look stupid

for starters "core" can mean different things kadri/andy/reils sure count as core to me

lets see how or if he addresses the D

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Sure it'll end up being expensive but with that kind of forward group you don't need to worry about who's rounding out those top lines for years to come.

____-Matthews-Nylander
____-Tavares-Marner

Rotate in wingers like how Pitts does it for their cheap depth players. Good timing to have our AHL system working as well as it has been.

willi wants 8m???

um bye bye

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
ummm thats what i bloody said lmao

bonus gets paid during lock out

salary does not.

Ok and so? Dude the cap will go up another 3 to 4 mill next yr so LTIR is useable for this yr next and the next. We aren't done adding fyi. Plus Nylander deal we need the 16.8millon we have to do things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad