Rumor: Kyle on 590..we can and we will sign 34 16 29

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
there are no imminent signings. Kyle will take his time. But yes, the Leafs are ok in terms of the cap. They will keep the core together long term.

Kyle said specifically that "we poured over the numbers and all possible outcomes and permutations" in terms of the cap. They are very prepared.

Kyle also said that they promised the core will stay together. Tavares would not have come if the Leafs had to subtract to add him.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I'd like to see how he manages to build a cup contending blue line while keeping all 4 expensive forwards

Reactions: mikemar1

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
there are no imminent signings. Kyle will take his time. But yes, the Leafs are ok in terms of the cap. They will keep the core together long term.

Kyle said specifically that "we poured over the numbers and all possible outcomes and permutations" in terms of the cap. They are very prepared.

Kyle also said that they promised the core will stay together. Tavares would not have come if the Leafs had to subtract to add him.
That's my point and was since July first

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I'd like to see how he manages to build a cup contending blue line while keeping all 4 expensive forwards

I guess you forget we have rielly locked up, hainsey has 1 year, Dermotts cheap, Zaitsev is tradeable we have liligjen on elc and hill 2yr 675000

Plus it's all about team D..Pitts back 2 back cups with a bunch of 3rd pair D..gee I wonder how they won?

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
That's my point and was since July first

this has always been the plan.

For all the rest that believe what sportsnet and TSN say, just do yourselves a favor and turn them off. they are clueless.

all this cap talk is just an excuse to fill up air time.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011

For all the rest that believe what sportsnet and TSN say, just do yourselves a favor and turn them off. they are clueless.

all this cap talk is just an excuse to fill up air time.[/QUOTE
Actually the dubas interviews July 1st were on both channels lol dubas clearly stated and it confirmed.
He was asked about keeping the young core..who could that be lol

Easy peasy Nylander 6 to 6.5 Marner 8 8.5 Matthew's 10 10.5...25.5mill

Reactions: 81Leafs50

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Also Horton goes LTIR so we have 16 and change now with him on LTIR we would have 21 and change and that's this year. Never mind Hainsey Carrick gone..or maybe we keep Hainsey trade Zaitsev

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
They’ll all get similarity structured salary bonus laden, front loaded contracts.

The bonuses dont matter..well to the cap..the player yes because it goes straight into their bank. What huge pay day for JT eh what 65 70mill etransfer lol

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I’d like to see how he gets the blue line.
Should be interesting.
Wonder what he has in mind.
You have to take into account that Hainsey is aging and some in house might not be good enough.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Also Horton goes LTIR so we have 16 and change now with him on LTIR we would have 21 and change and that's this year. Never mind Hainsey Carrick gone..or maybe we keep Hainsey trade Zaitsev
They won't put Horton on LTIR especially this year with the potential for bonuses by 34 & 16. Remember, 2019-20 is The Big Year with respect to our cap.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSophagus

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005

all this cap talk is just an excuse to fill up air time.
yup they all against the leafs, when I was watching TSN on free agency day and when they announced that the leafs signed Tavares it’s like there where upset lol especially kipper on Sportsnet. f***en leaf haters

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Why does anyone think Nylander will get a lower AAV than Marner?

At ES, Nylander outperforms Marner (1.76 P1/60 to 1.44), is deployed more defensively (47 ZSR to 54). The idea that Mitch is getting 8 while Willie gets 6 is wrooooong. They're both getting 7-8.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
The Leafs found out they are deep at LD moving forward (Rielly Dermott Rosen Borgman Sandin) because they gave Rielly tough minutes/situations and played the prospects in the NHL last year.

Why shouldn't they do the same thing on RD. Continue to play Zaitsev in tough situations/minutes and let a couple of kids play the right side this year (Holl Carrick Ozhiganov Liljegren). It is the best way to get a good cap friendly d-core.

This is the best year to shelter/develop some RD with their stacked forwards and stacked LD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra777

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
The bonuses dont matter..well to the cap..the player yes because it goes straight into their bank. What huge pay day for JT eh what 65 70mill etransfer lol

Yes, true about the cap, but I’m not talking about cap relief. I’m just refering to the overall contract value to the player. That immediate money is now his to invest. Gives them a nice edge over the competition in contract negotiations.

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Why does anyone think Nylander will get a lower AAV than Marner?

At ES, Nylander outperforms Marner (1.76 P1/60 to 1.44), is deployed more defensively (47 ZSR to 54). The idea that Mitch is getting 8 while Willie gets 6 is wrooooong. They're both getting 7-8.

Marner doesn't have to sign this offseason like Nylander does. If he doesn't, it would be three full seasons for Marner vs two for Nylander when re-signing.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009

all this cap talk is just an excuse to fill up air time

It's summer. It's the time when you migrate to different boards, and avoid toronto media at all costs. This board, as well as msm in toronto is a cesspool of speculation and nothing of substance.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
They’ll all get similarity structured salary bonus laden, front loaded contracts.

with endorsements. HF is goona snap when matthews signs 9 million(front loaded ) Marner at 7.5 and nylander at 6.5. each will get a shit ton of endorsment money.

the narrative will then be they arent elite cause they took less lmao.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad