Rumor: Kyle on 590..we can and we will sign 34 16 29

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Yes, true about the cap, but I’m not talking about cap relief. I’m just refering to the overall contract value to the player. That immediately money is now his to invest. Gives them a nice edge over the competition in contract negotiations.

Oh 100% agree

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I guess you forget we have rielly locked up, hainsey has 1 year, Dermotts cheap, Zaitsev is tradeable we have liligjen on elc and hill 2yr 675000

Plus it's all about team D..Pitts back 2 back cups with a bunch of 3rd pair D..gee I wonder how they won?
Listing our defense and their contract status doesn't accomplish anything and no I have definitely not forgot about our defence.

Reilly is our only top 4 defender signed beyond next season. Dermott may take the next step to become a top 4 but that's not guarenteed. Zaitsev may rebound from preforming poor last season but he was only decent as best in his rookie season and liljegren will be a rookie then so he isn't gonna be a top 4 defender.

As for the pens defense, they weren't full of bottom pairing defenders. They had 4 top 4 defenders in 2016 and 3 in 2017. They also got spectacular goaltending that we probably won't receive.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I'd like to see how he manages to build a cup contending blue line while keeping all 4 expensive forwards
Pittsburgh is proof that offense can in fact win you a championship. Vegas is proof that a committed defensive structure without the need for a superstar
D can take you to the big stage. Time has proven that D prospects take time to mature and if developed and supported well, can become players that fit the defensive needs of their team.

There's many ways this can go and it could end up being a combination of all 3 of those elements that are needed to improve the D. But if our offense can't overcome, our D weaknesses, if our D become a bigger liability because they're too far out of their comfort zone playing a style that isn't their strength and if none of our young d men work out, well then we still have the position to trade assets and sacrifice one forward to make cap room so that we can bring back a D man to bolster the blue line.

Reactions: Menzinger

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Marner doesn't have to sign this offseason like Nylander does. If he doesn't, it would be three full seasons for Marner vs two for Nylander when re-signing.

What? Dude if they sign say 5yr deals..this yr *marner Matthew's a yr doesnt get burned off. They make their elc this yr next yr itd be 5yrs at w.e. the AAV

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
our D was 7th in the league in goals against after Dermott joined the team.

And we just massively upgraded the team defensively by replacing a Bozak line with a Tavares line.

oh and our AHL team is brimming with talented young championship dmen.

beleaf101

Aug 9, 2009
Elliott Friedman is an idiot for even bringing this up. What is he expecting Dubas to say no we cant?

For a so called insider he's starting to look like a bottom feeding fish. Whats next going to search through garbage cans. He's just spewing garbage

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
I've never been worried about us not being able to resign Matthews, Marner, and Nylander.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
our D was 7th in the league in goals against after Dermott joined the team.

And we just massively upgraded the team defensively by replacing a Bozak line with a Tavares line.

oh and our AHL team is brimming with talented young championship dmen.

HF is a fact free zone. This is your final warning.

Cannot wait till Lilly makes the jump. I strongly believe the Leafs have the answer to every single one of their problems internally. That’s not to say that they can’t make a trade and accelerate the process but if we are patient, we have the solutions already.

People don’t realize what a massive difference removing Komarov, JvR, Bozak and replacing them witH Tavares, Kapanen and Johnsson does for you. It’s the biggest defensive improvement the Leafs will take in years without even changing their D at all.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Listing our defense and their contract status doesn't accomplish anything and no I have definitely not forgot about our defence.

Reilly is our only top 4 defender signed beyond next season. Dermott may take the next step to become a top 4 but that's not guarenteed. Zaitsev may rebound from preforming poor last season but he was only decent as best in his rookie season and liljegren will be a rookie then so he isn't gonna be a top 4 defender.

As for the pens defense, they weren't full of bottom pairing defenders. They had 4 top 4 defenders in 2016 and 3 in 2017. They also got spectacular goaltending that we probably won't receive.

Who are these top defenders ? Marta? Dumolin? Those aren't top 4. No reason to think Dermott wont be. He was our best D even in playoffs. Zaitsev had 38pts which is just ok but huge minutes against top lines in his first yr handled well. I think its him we would trade. Gardiner is top 4 53pts plus 9 this yr 51pts plus 22 the yr before.

I dont think you grasp the magnitude of JT taking 2.5 AAV less. When a star does that it trickles down the lineup. 34 16 and 29 will take a little discount each. I think Nylander gets 6 to 6.5, Marner 8 8.5 and Matthew's 10 10.5.

Next yr ufa ..Hainsey, Carrick, Jake..I think we lose the first 2 if to re up Jake. Jake gets 4.4 5.5. The also Johnsson who is going to be a 25 30g scorer next yr is rfa right now I think we are signing him this summer 1million 2 or 3 yrs so all forwards locked up by September IF we sign big 3 this off season which I think we will.

You're the same guy before we got JT arguing with me that because bozak signed in St Louis didnt mean anything...lol

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Elliott Friedman is an idiot for even bringing this up. What is he expecting Dubas to say no we cant?

For a so called insider he's starting to look like a bottom feeding fish. Whats next going to search through garbage cans. He's just spewing garbage

If asking the question can prevent less discussions over the next year about how this can happen, then I'm happy he did it because I don't want to hear this incessantly discussed over the next year.

Reactions: Jeypic

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
What? Dude if they sign say 5yr deals..this yr *marner Matthew's a yr doesnt get burned off. They make their elc this yr next yr itd be 5yrs at w.e. the AAV

I was referring to Nylander not currently having a contract, but Marner still does for a season. Marner can obviously re-up now if he chooses. Marner could also potentially wait and cause separation between himself and Nylander with another quality season. Comparing the AAV on their post ELCs/next contracts.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I'll remind you all that during JT watch I posted many tweets backed myself up and was 100% right. I told you JT decided and he brisson and dubas were working on fine tune details at 1am sat morning. And look what we were told..exactly that. I'm not always right but I was in this case. I've been saying over and over dubas said JT asked that question about the core so obviously we are keeping all 3.

Now the other way you get stars cheaper before them taking a discount is sign them before the have a career yr. Marner with JT easy 100pts for Mitch. He isnt stupid..but sign him now before he has the leverage..and mitch and Dubas have obviously talked.

Notice how quiet it's been on our leaf front of late..minus martin trade. Apparently we have multiple irons in the fire could 3 of them be extensions that will be announced the same time on the same day..big huge deal official announcement..leads love doing that. Hence why no one knew about JT until afternoon..they wanted it official pen to paper done..announced over a presser.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I was referring to Nylander not currently having a contract, but Marner still does for a season. Marner can obviously re-up now if he chooses. Marner could also potentially wait and cause separation between himself and Nylander with another quality season. Comparing the AAV on their post ELCs/next contracts.

Marner has separated himself. 10more points plus he stepped up in the playoffs best player besides Andersen by far. What I'm saying is I feel all 3 get extended now. 1 cheaper include discount and before 16 34 get more leverage though Matthew's even more so should sign now..if he misses 30 or so games again he wont even get 10 10.5.

Either way if dubas says they are staying they are. Jt asked him specifics..you dont think dubas had to prove it? Jt wouldn't just say o ok nice cool..he would want as much evidence as possible. I think we havent heard anything because they want to announce all 3 same day presser big deal event. This is how MLSE makes the most in the league by the way the operate and know how to get ratings therefore TV exposure therefore big $

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Because Marner’s better.

Marner has proven better. Why do people go on stats alone. The guy should've hit 90 if Bozak could score an empty net goal and if you avg his PPG over Oct Nov dec when Marner was having bad luck.

Same as Andersen go by his numbers hes good a bit better then avg. You take into account SPG and dangerous chances and # wins while being out shot hes a vez candidate.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Who are these top defenders ? Marta? Dumolin? Those aren't top 4. No reason to think Dermott wont be. He was our best D even in playoffs. Zaitsev had 38pts which is just ok but huge minutes against top lines in his first yr handled well. I think its him we would trade. Gardiner is top 4 53pts plus 9 this yr 51pts plus 22 the yr before.

I dont think you grasp the magnitude of JT taking 2.5 AAV less. When a star does that it trickles down the lineup. 34 16 and 29 will take a little discount each. I think Nylander gets 6 to 6.5, Marner 8 8.5 and Matthew's 10 10.5.

Next yr ufa ..Hainsey, Carrick, Jake..I think we lose the first 2 if to re up Jake. Jake gets 4.4 5.5. The also Johnsson who is going to be a 25 30g scorer next yr is rfa right now I think we are signing him this summer 1million 2 or 3 yrs so all forwards locked up by September IF we sign big 3 this off season which I think we will.

You're the same guy before we got JT arguing with me that because bozak signed in St Louis didnt mean anything...lol
Maataa dumilon letang and Schultz and are all top 4 defenders.

Just because Tavares took a discount doesn't mean the rest of the gang will for sure. Even if they do take a discount, the changes won't be drastic.

Jakes cap hit on his next contract will be in an interval much higher than 4.4 to 5.5. Hes in the range of 5.25 to 6.

Johnson isn't guaranteed to be a 25 to 30 goal scorer. He's getting 3rd line minutes at best which doesn't give him a good chance to hit that mark. If he does hit that mark, then he will want an expensive contract as well, and the leafs don't need that at all.

As for your last paragraph, what are you saying ? Are you saying bozak doesn't make a difference in St. Louis? He does make a difference for them. He gives them a offensive 3C than can produce 40 points.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Marner has separated himself. 10more points plus he stepped up in the playoffs best player besides Andersen by far. What I'm saying is I feel all 3 get extended now. 1 cheaper include discount and before 16 34 get more leverage though Matthew's even more so should sign now..if he misses 30 or so games again he wont even get 10 10.5.

Either way if dubas says they are staying they are. Jt asked him specifics..you dont think dubas had to prove it? Jt wouldn't just say o ok nice cool..he would want as much evidence as possible. I think we havent heard anything because they want to announce all 3 same day presser big deal event. This is how MLSE makes the most in the league by the way the operate and know how to get ratings therefore TV exposure therefore big $

I'd definitely prefer them to all re-sign ASAP and hope both Matthews and Marner feel the same. Fair to say waiting could work out for the better or not as much (for the player). Term is also a factor. The more term given the more a team is betting on what they envision the player becoming, not just what the player has currently achieved.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Maataa dumilon letang and Schultz and are all top 4 defenders.

Just because Tavares took a discount doesn't mean the rest of the gang will for sure. Even if they do take a discount, the changes won't be drastic.

Jakes cap hit on his next contract will be in an interval much higher than 4.4 to 5.5. Hes in the range of 5.25 to 6.

Johnson isn't guaranteed to be a 25 to 30 goal scorer. He's getting 3rd line minutes at best which doesn't give him a good chance to hit that mark. If he does hit that mark, then he will want an expensive contract as well, and the leafs don't need that at all.

As for your last paragraph, what are you saying ? Are you saying bozak doesn't make a difference in St. Louis? He does make a difference for them. He gives them a offensive 3C than can produce 40 points.

Um I said when they won back to back cups...so no johnson and letang was hurt both times..try again

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Um I said when they won back to back cups...so no johnson and letang was hurt both times..try again
What Johnson?

Letang wasn't hurt both times and the pens also had Trevor Daley who was a top-4 dman for them.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I'd definitely prefer them to all re-sign ASAP and hope both Matthews and Marner feel the same. Fair to say waiting could work out for the better or not as much (for the player). Term is also a factor. The more term given the more a team is betting on what they envision the player becoming, not just what the player has currently achieved.

Yes..and Matthew's missed 20 some odd games..so we have some leverage.. but again dubas is smart. He obvi talked to them before presenting and told them this is our offer estimation what would you guys take because hes going to ask how I'll keep the young core together. Probably met them all separate and with their agent. JT is so OCD...that question he asked regarding the above..the answer had to have shown some sort of proof...whether video or signed proof from all 3 that deals were close etc. Recall JT contract took from 930pm to 3 or 4am they have time and other things to do now ufa, trades etc..so no need to rush. Plus as I mentioned I think all 3 announced same day same time in a presser.

For all we know 1 or 2 out 3 has signed just no one knows. No one knew anything in stone about JT till 106pm..except I'm psychic because I called what happened exactly on the money lol nice to be right..and anyone who was posting in JT watch would remember me i was on from Tuesday to Saturday all day even at work off and on lol

Reactions: Buds17

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
with endorsements. HF is goona snap when matthews signs 9 million(front loaded ) Marner at 7.5 and nylander at 6.5. each will get a **** ton of endorsment money.

the narrative will then be they arent elite cause they took less lmao.
upload_2018-7-4_23-13-44.jpeg

Reactions: Skin Tape Session

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad