Player Discussion: Kyle Okposo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Hey Kyle, where ya been?

Like it or not, this team is assembled to rely on Kyle Okposo as a scoring threat.

9 games, 37 shots, 1 goal (2.7% shooting percentage)

In all 9 games, he has been on Line #1 alongside John Tavares and on the first Power Play unit.

No excuses needed, it's simply not enough from such an important player on this team.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Hey Kyle, where ya been?

Like it or not, this team is assembled to rely on Kyle Okposo as a scoring threat.

In all 9 games, he has been on Line #1 alongside John Tavares and on the first Power Play unit.

No excuses needed, it's simply not enough from such an important player on this team.

Frankly, we can afford to lose him during the off-season. To think he was this teams best player in the 2009-10 season, then he had the shoulder injury, and his hockey sense and overall ability went out the window never to be found again. He very much reminds me of Brad Isbister. I guess he's only good if all the players around him aren't.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Dangling KO reminds of me of the bad AI in old hockey games, he does the same move every time when entering the zone with the puck.

I know we love to **** on Bailey, but KO has done nothing!

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Hey Kyle, where ya been?

Just had this conversation with a co-worker legitimately 10 minutes ago. For all the crap Bailey, Strome and Nelson have gotten, I'm not sure why Okposo is on the 1st line. I actually think flipping him and clutterbuck for a few shifts wouldm't be a bad deal

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Hey Kyle, where ya been?

I think he's just unlucky right now. He's engaged, winning battles and getting shots off. Ten hits last game led the team.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just had this conversation with a co-worker legitimately 10 minutes ago. For all the crap Bailey, Strome and Nelson have gotten, I'm not sure why Okposo is on the 1st line. I actually think flipping him and clutterbuck for a few shifts wouldm't be a bad deal

I've been hammering KO for a while now, he is so frustrating to watch. When he simplifies his game, he can be very effective. When he thinks he's a skill player, he sucks and is a turnover machine. He's a terrible fit for Tavares.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He hasn't been hurting the team in the playoffs as much as he did in the regular season.

I still don't think he's the type of player this team should be giving a large contract to.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
I've been hammering KO for a while now, he is so frustrating to watch. When he simplifies his game, he can be very effective. When he thinks he's a skill player, he sucks and is a turnover machine. He's a terrible fit for Tavares.

Couldn't agree more. His style has changed drastically from when he first came up to today mostly because he wants to make highlight reel plays and play a finesse.

2009-10 Kyle Okposo is still my favorite Kyle Okposo. He was a BEAST in puck battles, along the boards and entering the zone.

It's a shame so many of our home-grown prospects digress versus improve over time. But that conversation belongs in another thread!

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
He hasn't been hurting the team in the playoffs as much as he did in the regular season.

I still don't think he's the type of player this team should be giving a large contract to.

If he's not resigning, then Snow most likely has a couple trade targets in mind.

KO seems to get a lot secondary assists, but I'm not the stat guy to confirm that - visually, he seems to just be a guy that to touches the puck, it goes to primary assist player, while actually makes the play happen leading to the goal. I could be wrong, but watching him and seeing his stat line are perplexing.

Regardless, he's gonna get paid and a long term deal, I just don't think Snow wants to go 7/7 with him. He seems primed for rapid decline in 4 years. So I can see going for a 5Th year by Isles as its required, but 6 is pushing it, and 7 is dumb (and desperate).

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
He's playing hard and putting up assists, but his decision making is just so poor. I don't get it.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
I don't want him back, but he's getting too much flack on here. He's been fine. I wish he'd score a couple more goals but he's racking up assists and is playing hard.

I just don't think fine is good enough for your #1 RW and top unit forward on PP in the playoffs.

If KO was a third liner and getting 2nd unit PP time then sure, he's playing fine and that's acceptable.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I just don't think fine is good enough for your #1 RW and top unit forward on PP in the playoffs.

If KO was a third liner and getting 2nd unit PP time then sure, he's playing fine and that's acceptable.

By fine, I meant not bad. Yes, he needs to be better, but I think people are wrong when they say he's a liability out there.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
5.5x5 is my max offer. Gives us enough room to bring in someone else in addition to Okposo. Hopefully so I never have to see him on the top line again.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
PANT LOAD...Get him the **** out of here...and he can take Nelson with him. Jesus, these two are just awful.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
with the exception of one, maybe two years, he never turned into what we thought he would. he has been an underachieving disappointment. time to cut him loose. I wouldn't even offer him three million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad