Confirmed with Link: Kyle Dubas Not Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
1684512708769.jpeg

Thank god. Rejoice leaf fans. The first step is done.

Last edited:

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
To much going on with the family, No way Dubas would turn down the GM position for the Leafs. It didn't have to do with the value of the contract.

Reactions: aingefan

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
WOW!

This is much too late in the game though. I wish he had stayed. He has learned on the job, and will be really good for whichever team he works for next.

My choice would be Eric Tulsky out of Carolina. Incredible team, well run, and with a tiny budget compared to us.

Agreed. Apparently he's talking to Pittsburgh about their opening, but id be surprised if the job wasn't Dubas'.

God I hope the board stays the course with an intelligent, young GM that utilizes analytics and doesn't overcorrect with a garbage retread.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
People have been interviewing Chiarelli, Nonis, Conroy, Tulsky, Burke, Doan, JFJ, Mark Hunter, Brad Pascall, Scott Nichol, Derek Clancy. No shortage of guys that would like the job.

The Leafs are a high profile team I’m sure there would be no shortage of interest.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
This news is potentially just one piece of an incomplete puzzle. I won't know how to truly feel about it until more becomes known (which should at least begin to happen by 3 pm).

Reactions: hockeywiz542

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I kind of wanted him to stay. Must be quite a day for the Dubists though, I’ve never seen a portion of a fan base so devoted to a freaking GM, was the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen in sport. So many shrines with candles right now.
yup, I wouldn;t be drinking any Kool-Ade today.............

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
We can only hope that dubas is staying in the organization in a reduced overpaid role.

Assistant GM or director of scouting would be a great fit for both sides.

Way less stress and makes a transition easier.

Reactions: Lauro and aingefan

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
If he decided he couldn’t hack it anymore good riddance. Guy makes millions, can have a nanny, private schools, anything he wants and it’s still just too much for him? Like his team, can’t take it in the corners when it gets tough. Sorry. Wimp.

If it was the team, I’ll retract but I don’t think it was here…
Just because somebody gets paid a lot of money doesn't mean there's no stress or difficulties in their life. Pretty ignorant to call him a wimp... I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if his family got harassed and/or threats from some "fans".

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
CJ on TSN:

* Became apparent this morning that this is where it would end up.

* Comments he made on locker exit day, caught organization really off-guard. Definitely felt extension talks were being had, but when Kyle opened the door to him not being "All-in", it cast doubt.

*Not sure how the team will spin it - organization decision vs Kyle's personal decision. Had some sources tell him it was a team decision, but he's not so sure.

* Dubas was a huge part of this team, including off the ice. Says he's stunned that the organization moved off him. Doesn't think Dubas was out of answers, and would have bet on him continuing to grow and evolve on the job.

* Has no sense of who the new GM would be. Makes the prediction of who coaches this team next season impossible.

* Wonders what this means for Matthews' extension. Speculates that he won't be signing before July 1st anymore, until he knows who the new GM is and what the plan is moving forward.

Last edited:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Agreed. Apparently he's talking to Pittsburgh about their opening, but id be surprised if the job wasn't Dubas'.

God I hope the board stays the course with an intelligent, young GM that utilizes analytics and doesn't overcorrect with a garbage retread.
This is my worry too, they bring in some joe biden clone who can barely complete a sentence lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad