Confirmed with Link: Kyle Dubas Not Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
But why do we need to coddle the stars like that? The team needs a shakeup. We don't have to bend over for MAtthews.
Bend over? No obviously not. But if we don’t get a deal or trade done by July 1st, his NMC kicks in and then we are actually f***ed. A deal is harder to get done if Matthews doesn’t feel like he owes the front office anything.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
This is really, really bad news for the franchise. Given the juncture we're at right now, Dubas was far and away the best candidate to help retool this team. I'm gutted.

That said, can't hold it against him at all. He deserves huge respect for everything he's done for this organization, no matter what the skeptics say. Best management we've had in decades. Thank you Kyle.
if leafs lost in the 1st round Dubas would have be out quicker and were in the same situation with the same questions. What difference does it make about the franchise being in the same situation?

Reactions: myleafs

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
WOW!

This is much too late in the game though. I wish he had stayed. He has learned on the job, and will be really good for whichever team he works for next.

My choice would be Eric Tulsky out of Carolina. Incredible team, well run, and with a tiny budget compared to us.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
my gut and heart say that he quit. there are some monumental decisions that are to be made, and NEED to be made and i think that no matter how real the family/stress etc.. angle was i think it was enough to justify walking. we can build things up as reasons very easily - some call them excuses some call them justification - if he can live with it all good, but i do believe he quit

i would have been more than fine with him back but that sailed when he wasn't re-signed by say trade deadline. and it spiraled this week.. too bad, but oh well, next chapter. we will see how strong his structure really was based on the fallout of all the other positions

i am very happy that we can expect a coaching change - this system/style, whatever the f*** it is is not working

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
What now??
Hopefully it means Pridham is getting promoted. CJ said on the recent Steve Dangle Podcast that it’ll be easier to sign Matthews if it’s the same front office that he likes and has a good relationship with.
Who is the likely candidate I wonder.
Dreger on Panthers winning in quadruple-OT, the Leafs still waiting on Dubas and more - TSN.ca

TSN hockey insider Darren Dreger joins us to chat about the quadruple-OT victory by the Panthers over the Hurricanes, if he was able to stay up for the entire game, the controversial goalie interference call, if Brandon Pridham will replace Kyle Dubas and more.

brad-treliving-new-gm-toronto-maple-leafs-696x391.jpg

WILL BRAD TRELIVING BE THE NEXT GM OF THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS?

Darren Dreger was on TSN 1050 and was asked the question about Toronto’s GM situation. He believes the Leafs want to keep Kyle Dubas as GM, but if the workload is too much and he wants time to spend with family, he will not be back and a decision will be made either today or this weekend.

Dreger went on to say in his radio hit, that if Dubas is not back, they will NOT hire internally. Assistant GM Brandon Pridham is the logical choice, but they will look for a GM with experience. The Toronto Maple Leafs are in win now mode and they need a GM that can come in and do what is needed for them to be a Stanley Cup contender.

Dreger believes former Calgary Flames GM Brad Treliving would be the perfect choice for the Leafs if Dubas decides not to come back.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Our training wheels GM is gone, thank god. Hopefully he goes to a rival team so we have one less team to worry about.

The fawning over his mediocrity was bordering on cringe levels. This should've happened after the Montreal implosion but I'll take it.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Looks like it was more related to Dubas wanting to take some time off than anything else.

Not sure if Prindham is the guy to takeover, has he ever managed a team in the OHL, AHL etc?

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
If he decided he couldn’t hack it anymore good riddance. Guy makes millions, can have a nanny, private schools, anything he wants and it’s still just too much for him? Like his team, can’t take it in the corners when it gets tough. Sorry. Wimp.

If it was the team, I’ll retract but I don’t think it was here…
I think it was the team, specifically the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad