Confirmed with Link: Kyle Dubas Not Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Seems like the family comments was negotiating. How can his wife have problems prior to the Monday to come back with the Leafs? Where he needs to think about re-signing with an org you were with for 9 years and less than 6 days later, his wife is encouraging him to go to another organization in another country?

Plot twist: Dubas' wife has been pulling the strings all along. In fact, you know the Kadri for Barrie trade? That wasn't Kyle's fault. That was all her. :laugh:

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
How is that Dubas is allowed to run the Draft for Pittsburgh but Treliving is not?

What did I miss here?
Kyle's not as good at drafting. Also, do we need Brad's input on who to pick in the last couple of rounds once we ship our first out to correct the previous GMs mistakes?

Reactions: horner

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
What would you give up for 2-4 yrs of a near the end of his career Crosby? Would you give up Nylander for him? For the record I would love to have Crosby even at his age.
If we were in a position where Crosby would make a difference in a Cup run, sure.

We won't be in that position until Tavares is gone, so probably two years.

Now if we could trade JT for Sid....

Reactions: myleafs

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
What did I say that was incorrect or as you phrase it a load of shit.

One guy left on his terms and one guy was told to go home early - before that contract expired even. Expecting them to both react the same way is a bit naive. I am no Dubas fan but we only heard Shanny's side of the story. I am also no fan of Shanny.

Are we so insecure that we need Dubas to say nice things about Toronto after he was fired?
Dubas left on his own terms - he wanted more 'or else', and Shanny picked the 'or else'.

Reactions: egd27

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Why is a thread ? He’s gone it should be locked
Can Dubas please bring his fanboys with him to Pittsburgh? This board is for Leafs fans.

You dont have to click on the thread.

I think people still have things to say about him and how things went down, I'd rather have them centralized here rather than polluting other threads. We'll close it in due time.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
You've got to understand how corporate climbers operate. The general manager Kyle Dubas chooses will not be an impressive individual. We saw the stunt Dubas tried to pull on the very man who gave him the chance of his lifetime. Climbers always hire individuals with zero chance of threatening their own position.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I don't think its a good reflection of MLSEs asset management and judgement that they fired someone who immediately recieved a promotion from a competitor
First, that does happen fairly frequently in business, and second, sports isn't your normal business.

It's just as valid to say "I don't think it's a good reflection on Fenway's judgement that they hire someone who was just fired from one position and immediately promote him a higher position."

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
You've got to understand how corporate climbers operate. The general manager Kyle Dubas chooses will not be an impressive individual. We saw the stunt Dubas tried to pull on the very man who gave him the chance of his lifetime. Climbers always hire individuals with zero chance of threatening their own position.

I don’t think he’s going to hire a GM to be honest. I think he will take on the position like Doug Armstrong in St. Louis.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That is the best explanation for him hiring and keeping Keefe that I've heard.

horner

May 22, 2007
What happened to you won't see me pop up anywhere?
POS

He had this in his back pocket all along. I called that out long time ago
He's not fooling anyone
He was already talking to Pittsburgh.
The nhl should be looking into tampering charges on Pittsburgh.
You don't set this deal up that quick

What happened to you won't see me pop up anywhere?
POS

He had this in his back pocket all along. I called that out long time ago
He's not fooling anyone
He was already talking to Pittsburgh.
The nhl should be looking into tampering charges on Pittsburgh.
You don't set this deal up that quick

Reactions: ITM

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yeah Kyle now has the set up he desired in Toronto with the Penguins. He basically wanted to be the top guy between ownership and continue to essentially be gm and running the full hockey ops. He will likely add AGM(s), but can easily see him not getting a gm unless theyre more of a puppet for him.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
News gets around. Its impossible to prevent that. Look at all the noise about Doug Armstrong, you don't think that potential seed is planted? It might never happen but that thought is now there. Shanny's deal is up in a few years and so is Armstrong's. Would be a great hire for the leafs, hes been able to get a lot out of a little in St. Louis.

Kyle would have known the Pens were looking for a new Pres with the recent firings. Through various connections I'm sure the pens tried to let him know they were interested. Knowing this he would have come back to the Leafs wanting to be that top guy, and the rest is history.

It is what it is. Insiders been sayin the Leafs have had their eyes on Treliving for awhile now (like months back). If they get this info, I'm sure Treliving gets it too.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Is this why Shanny is doing so bad as President?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Imagine being terrible at your job at every level yet continue to get promotion after promotion. Dubas is basically a weatherman

Treliving... Dubas... Shanny being gifted a job... Lou keeping jobs... Ken Holland keeping jobs...

it is happening all over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad