Player Discussion: Kyle Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jets had 2 picks that draft. Ive heard they wanted Connor and even tried to trade up with SJ to grab him.

I also heard they wanted Konecny at 25 but he went a few picks b4

Koneckny went #24.

Button's final mock had us taking Barzal at #17 and Koneckny at #25. I remember thinking it will never happen because both will be gone before then but would be overjoyed if that actually happened.

He was almost right.

I'm not disappointed with who we selected

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Only 5 active players have a single 50 goal season on their resume.
Ovi x 7
Stammer x 2
Crosby x 1
Malkin x 1
Perry x 1

Only 9 active players have multiple 40 goals seasons.

Well, we just may have to expand your list Truck--and maybe Ehlers as well as Laine. I have the faith.:thumbu:

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Koneckny went #24.

Button's final mock had us taking Barzal at #17 and Koneckny at #25. I remember thinking it will never happen because both will be gone before then but would be overjoyed if that actually happened.

He was almost right.

I'm not disappointed with who we selected
Button had Connor at 7 in his final rankings and said he would be the Jets pick just prior to that happening. Not a surprise mind you.

Button has said the reason he so often nails the pick to the team at the draft is because he knows who teams will pick. He said he knows because he has been told.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I think of Connor quietly closing in on 30 and contrast it with when EK9 potted 30 for the first time here in Winnipeg at a similar age it seemed like such a big deal.

I always knew he would put up points but it’s the rest of his game away from the puck that has blown away my expectations. When they say draft and DEVELOP the poster boys for the bolded are Scheifele, Connor, and Morrissey the latter two really honing their craft in the AHL.

Remember when we lost our minds at having a 30 goal scorer? Now we have Laine at 36 last year, 43 this year, Ehlers at 28, KC at 28, and Fefe at 22. We nearly have 3 30 goal scorers.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Remember when we lost our minds at having a 30 goal scorer? Now we have Laine at 36 last year, 43 this year, Ehlers at 28, KC at 28, and Fefe at 22. We nearly have 3 30 goal scorers.

It felt big when Kane hit it for sure. Now we have become use to higher end skill guys on one team. Had Schief not got injured we had a good chance of having three 30 goal scorers and Rocket Richard level mid 40's to 50 goal scorer on one team. The crazy part is three of the guys are close to the age Kane was when he got his 30. :cool:

Reactions: csk

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
This guy should win rookie of the year... He didnt play for a week or 2 and is gonna hit 30.
Doesn't Boeser have same amount though with 7 less games?
Anyhow, what a great season for Connor. I thought he would break in to the NHL last year and be productive and I guess I was a year early in that thought. I was livid when he was sent down to start the year, glad the kid is playing so well! Kind of flying under the radar this year but I'm loving his game, the kid is fun to watch!

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Anyhow, what a great season for Connor. I thought he would break in to the NHL last year and be productive and I guess I was a year early in that thought. I was livid when he was sent down to start the year, glad the kid is playing so well! Kind of flying under the radar this year but I'm loving his game, the kid is fun to watch!

I want Connor to win but
Barzal number is ahead of the pack.

Reactions: Ippenator

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Nice of Connor to get to 50 points!!!
1 more goal to 30

4 more points for Ehlers to 60
2 more points for Laine to 70 (he got stuck there 3 games now).

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Barzal will win, and there's nothing wrong with that. Connor is having an amazing season to be proud of, regardless if somebody's doing better.

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

The SN guys sounded like they are starting to notice him.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I’m starting to think we should have Connor replace Wheeler as the setup guy on the PP, he’s arguably the quickest guy on the team, he has a better shot than Wheeler(IMO, maybe not as a still shot but when he skates into it it’s a beautiful thing). I just think he’d be a bigger threat than Wheeler and open up more lanes. But then the question is where do we put Wheeler(do we move Stastny to the 2nd Unit, do we move Wheeler to the 2nd Unit??).. I doubt it will happen this season but I wouldn’t be surprised if Connor eventually becomes a 50 Assist(per season) Winger in the future because of this.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Wheeler has more assist than any Jets players have points except for Laine.

He is good on that pp1 spot.

One player on that top 5 that can be move is Big Buff.

Try out other D this next 7 games. Just incase....

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
This. Trying not to overwhelm him atm imo. I do wish they could play him a bit more on it though...
At least over Myers on pp2. Plays with head up, great passer, high iq, quick decision maker and patient at same time, controlled shot, good one timer on net and really moves well along blue line with his quick feet.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Laine will hit 50 one day.
Scheif KC Ehlers all 30-35 goal guys.
I don’t see it completely impossible for at least Connor to hit even 40 goals at some point of his career. But with Ehlers I see it very unlikely to ever happen. He is just not a good enough natural goal scorer.

I also see almost no chance for either of them to ever hit over 50 goals in a season. They just don’t have the shot or that dominating pure skill that I can see it ever happening. You have to have either of those abilities really, really top notch to be able to score over 50, and neither of them have them in that class, although they do have them on a pretty good level. Just not enough for such a very hard task.

I see more pure goal scorer and the needed skills for it in Connor, so that’s why I can see him possibly hitting even 40 in his very best seasons. When Ehlers will develop more his playmaking skills, I see in him potential for 30+50 or even 35+60 seasons, but as he will most probably play mostly with Laine, I find it extremely hard to believe that he could be scoring much more goals than he has been scoring so far. Laine will be still the main weapon with his unbelievable shot and when he gets even stronger and even better with his skating he will be the most dominating player on his line, and it will be even more natural to feed him when he gets even better to scoring chances. But Ehlers will for sure get from 5 to 10 goals more than now on his best seasons, and he will get loads of more of assists for sure.

I’m very excited definitely for the Jets to have so many wonderful young players in their roster. Connor has in fact quickly risen to my 3rd favorite Jets forward after Laine and Scheifele. Even past Wheeler, whom I have learned to respect much more as a player, despite of his irritating brain farts. Ehlers comes probably next for me with Perreault, Armia and Lowry following. Little with continuing steadily his recent play will become a better player for me than I have seen so far this season. Definitely a very likeable offensive lineup for the Jets in general!

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hey i think this Connor guy is pretty good . :laugh: Would love to see him get a Hatty against Boston , the team that didn't want him . :nod:

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I really believe that Connor has a higher ceiling than Ehlers-quite remarkable.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Boeser has 29 goals in 62 games Connor has 29 goals in 69 games. Boeser looked great but Connor has been very dynamic too and really fits our speed game.

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad