• Jets fan voting Connor.

• Neutral fan voting Nylander.

• Leafs fan voting Nylander.

• Leafs fan voting Connor

• Jets fan voting Nylander

Results are only viewable after voting.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Wait, I thought Matthews was the best player in the game?

Oh he’s not? Right...

He is. But the gap between Blake Wheeler and Zach Hyman is still wayyyy bigger than the gap between Scheifele and Matthews.

So the linemates argument is a no go. The minutes argument is a no go. You guys got nothing left.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews isn’t generational enough I guess
yeah I don't think Connor McDavid would be generational enough to close the gap between Hyman and Wheeler either.

But on topic: I already proved Connor has sweet f*** all over Nylander, so my work is done.

Last edited by a moderator:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I dont think you know what a proof is.
Nylander out-producing Connor with less PP time and inferior linemates is my proof. I only deal with facts brother, Connor is clearly the inferior party.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Making the poll during a holdout Is an interesting endeavour.

Reminds me of the Laine vs Matthews, Rielly vs Trouba and Little vs Kadri shit shows. I’m sure it will age just as well as those :)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Nylander plays with a generational player according to you.
Swing and a miss!
Team Sweden with Elias Pettersson??? :nod:

Anyways, Connor easy breasy here. Im sure thatll shock some Jets fans me saying that

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Nylander has gotten to play with Auston Matthews, who you guys proclaim to be God.

You can't have it both ways
Are you serious...

Matthews played 62 games last year and still, Scheifele and Wheeler > Matthews (last year) + Hyman.

Connor plays on a line with 2 elite players, Nylander plays on a line with Matthews (awesome) and Hyman...

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Off the top of my head Nylander, but I don’t watch either teams enough to know how they play defensively and I know Connor was pretty solid last year.

Didn’t vote because of that

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I love how in these polls every Jet player is a product of who they are playing with.

Back in the “good old days” of the Laine vs. Matthews threads, it was noted that Laine got to play with Scheifele, but in the Scheifele vs. Matthews threads, it was “Scheifele gets to play with Laine.”

For Golly’s sake, someone on that team has got to be good :laugh:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Connor by a little bit

I think he can widen the gap going forward and make it more than a little but but we'll see about that

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Connor also gets PP1 time, something Nylander didn't get.
He does this season. I think the Jets had Lowry manning the net front for most of last season as a screen instead of Connor near the net ready to snatch up loose pucks. Pretty sure he spent most of his time on the second PP unit just like Nylander would have if you say he didn't get PP1 time. We can't compare the two this season because Nylander hasn't signed yet, but Connor fits that top line perfectly and he's only getting better.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Says the fanbase *****ing about Laine with Little. LOL.
Hey now, Little just played his best game between the two in a long time. Sipowicz might have been right when he said he was hearing Roslovic's footsteps lol
They posted a graph during the game showing that Ehlers only had something like 4 of his 29 goals scored last season assisted by Little, and Little assisted on something like 5 or 6 of Laine's 44 goals. It was like he was listening to all of the people talking shit and decided to step his game up.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
This is actually a good comparison. With a handful of well respected hockey analysts talking yesterday (and today) about Connor and his projected asking price of 8.5 million, it will be interesting to see the contracts of these 2 players

Judging by the votes so far, we should see Connor come in quite a bit more expensive than Nylander. Will be exciting to see how it plays out

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
If Connor is better then the Jets better hope they can come up with the $7 million + it'll take to sign him then.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Very close, but I'd go Nylander just because I think he can carry play on his own better than Connor. Skill-wise not much separating them imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad