William Nylander

Regular season - N/A

Last edited:

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Leafs fan voting Connor. I think its close, but I value goalscoring more than assists as the tiebreaker. I imagine it could go either way in the future because both players probably have another level they could reach.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Connor. Nylander is overrated imo. Gets grouped in with the Leafs big three but doesn’t really belong as he’s a tier below the other two.
His contract demands really would make me wary at this point as well.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Pretty unfair to nylander as connor is playing right now and nylander is not. Nylander has been better the past two years and I would take him over connor but it's close. Connor plays with the jets best 2 players. Nylander was playing with Matthews for 62 games last year and guys like brown and Hyman. Right now with connor going ppg I can see the votes being slanted but long term I like nylander a bit better and think he is a greater talent than connor. Both are amazing players though

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Connor. Nylander is overrated imo. Gets grouped in with the Leafs big three but doesn’t really belong as he’s a tier below the other two.
His contract demands really would make me wary at this point as well.

What makes Nylander overrated?

Back up your BS.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Gets grouped in with the Leafs big three but doesn’t really belong as he’s a tier below the other two.
Lol definitely not. Nylander's 5v5 scoring has actually been better than Marner and not far off from Matthews thus far in their careers. Matthews is definitely the best of the 3 but there is a very legitimate case for Nylander against Marner.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Let's not ignore that Connor has better linemates and gets more minutes than Nylander. Sure Willy had Matthews last year, but Sheif was clearly better last year. Plus he has Wheeler on the other wing instead of Hyman.

Not nearly as cut and dry as some will try to paint it by posting stat lines.

Nylander by a smidge.

But I rather have Conor due to Nylanders unreal contract expectations

Connor needs a new deal as well.. We'll see where that lands them if he keeps playing on the top line.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
In a vacuum, Nylander could be better (it's close either way) but Connor plays a perfect role for us so I definitely wouldn't trade him for Nylander.

Viktor Vaughn

Apr 7, 2018
Let's not ignore that Connor has better linemates and gets more minutes than Nylander. Sure Willy had Matthews last year, but Sheif was clearly better last year. Plus he has Wheeler on the other wing instead of Hyman.

Not nearly as cut and dry as some will try to paint it by posting stat lines.

Connor needs a new deal as well.. We'll see where that lands them if he keeps playing on the top line.

Don’t forget that Connor is younger and he is clearly the better goal scorer at this point in their careers. I think this is a close comparison for now, but believe that Connor will be the more dangerous player throughout their primes.

Reactions: Snowman

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Before this season I'd say small edge to Willie. But right now I guess connor. He's playing 19 and half mins a game and Willie ain't even playing. Prime time vs no time.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Don’t forget that Connor is younger and he is clearly the better goal scorer at this point in their careers. I think this is a close comparison for now, but
believe that Connor will be the more dangerous player throughout their primes.

LOL they're both born in 1996, unless 7 months is drastic or player development lmao

Connor is on a line with Wheeler and Scheifele, that helps bump up his totals far more than anything Nylander has had a chance to play with.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I can hear the sound of the goalposts shifting
So take it up with whoever using the minutes argument then.

Connor gets better minutes to produce than Nylander, it's literally right there in plain sight.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Not better linemates though according to your own fan base in every other thread on these boards

Well that's pretty stupid then. You can easily argue Matthews to be better than Scheifele, but Hyman to Wheeler? Oh boy.

You sure you wanna keep going this route? It already doesn't look good for you.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
Not better linemates though according to your own fan base in every other thread on these boards
You also should realize that the opinions of certain posters doesn’t represent the entire fan base. [mod] I also would have taken sheif on my team last year over AM. We can have that conversation about this year once Matthews’s stops shooting 50% and his season can be properly analyzed.

As for this poll it’s as close as it gets. I’d like to see nylander play this year before making my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad