Kyle Connor one of most underrated players?

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
He’s a jet, that’s why. No one in the grand scheme of hockey fandom cares.

cool story, bro

CP123969348.jpg

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I think most people who follow the central division have known this for a long time. He’s very crafty and has ridiculous hands. Big fan.

Terrible defensively but man that finishing ability just can’t be taught. I’m always a critic of his but you just have to have guys that can finish in this league. He can do that.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Kyle is a hell of a player. Sniper.
Not under rated in this house.
Cant imagine he us under rated in western Canada either.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Always scares me when he has the puck against Montreal, real dangerous scorer!

I always laugh at the fact that Boston had 3 straight picks before him, Chabot and Barzal.... hindsight lol
Yeah hindsight has nothing to do with it. The only people in the entire Bruins universe that didn’t realize this was a tragedy when it happened were Don Sweeney, Cam Neely and their scouting staff.

Reactions: ps241

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I think he’s rightfully considered 4th in the Jets’ top 4 … but it’s a really strong top 4, so that’s nothing to be ashamed of. Ehlers is much better than Connor defensively, drives possession more, and is just as good offensively. Scheifele, obviously you’re getting a much better 2-way game, much bigger and more physical, and more of a true C. Wheeler vs. Connor is arguable, I think Connor passes him soon, but until now Wheeler has had the edge with his size and defensive play.

Connor would be the #2 or #3 forward on plenty of teams, though, the Jets are just stacked at forward. Scheifele, Ehlers, Wheeler, Connor, PLD, Lowry, Copp and Stastny - being #4 in that group is still impressive.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
He's an elite top line winger who hasn't even come close to hitting his potential yet.

I see a few 100pt seasons in him.

Reactions: Dale53130

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I think he’s rightfully considered 4th in the Jets’ top 4 … but it’s a really strong top 4, so that’s nothing to be ashamed of. Ehlers is much better than Connor defensively, drives possession more, and is just as good offensively. Scheifele, obviously you’re getting a much better 2-way game, much bigger and more physical, and more of a true C. Wheeler vs. Connor is arguable, I think Connor passes him soon, but until now Wheeler has had the edge with his size and defensive play.

Connor would be the #2 or #3 forward on plenty of teams, though, the Jets are just stacked at forward. Scheifele, Ehlers, Wheeler, Connor, PLD, Lowry, Copp and Stastny - being #4 in that group is still impressive.
Ehlers has produced offense at same pace as Connor for a one season, otherwise Connor is quite clearly ahead of Ehlers in production, and while Scheifele is a better two-way player, Connor would have to be terrible for Scheifele to be ”much better” in that aspect, because his defensive game isn’t all that either.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

I really think you're overrating Ehlers here. He's a fine player but has his warts. As a aside, "strong defensively" isn't really applicable to any of the Jets' top forwards.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Connor-Dubois-Ehlers is one of the better 2nd lines in the NHL.

Jets have arguably the best top 6 in hockey:
Stastny - Scheifele - Wheeler
Connor - Dubois - Ehlers

I'd be surprised to see Connor - Dubois - Ehlers as a line long term.
Ehlers and Connor are as likely to end up on opposite lines as they are to play together. Stastny - Scheif - Wheeler were fairly unsuccessful together last year in a short stint together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad