Player Discussion: Kyle Connor is a machine.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I do not think his production should be his main focus. He is so skilled that he will always be able to produce. Becoming a two-way player is much more important than scoring e.g 3 goals more per season. His net worth for the team will be so much higher and it is most likely easier to improve. It is just not as easy to notice
I want him to learn from Bryan Little. Little is the epitome of doing so many important things every game that people give him no credit for.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Thought I would dust off this thread and see which way the wind in blowing with KC from a fan standpoint.

From my POV, I see him progressing every game and his point production is starting to come in line with expectations.
I'm bias to an extent when it comes to this player - I see him as one of the best at what he does well and what he does well are the things that I like most about hockey.

I also don't see him as a perpetual 30 goal player - I think there is a lot of room for him to progress beyond that as he further develops his speed, hands, and defensive game (which is the low hanging fruit).

He doesn't come up much in player discussion - at least not as much as a few of our other top talent players - the fact that this thread sat idle for over a month will attest to that.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Jets 31

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Thought I would dust off this thread and see which way the wind in blowing with KC from a fan standpoint.

From my POV, I see him progressing every game and his point production is starting to come in line with expectations.
I'm bias to an extent when it comes to this player - I see him as one of the best at what he does well and what he does well are the things that I like most about hockey.

I also don't see him as a perpetual 30 goal player - I think there is a lot of room for him to progress beyond that as he further develops his speed, hands, and defensive game (which is the low hanging fruit).

He doesn't come up much in player discussion - at least not as much as a few of our other top talent players - the fact that this thread sat idle for over a month will attest to that.

Thoughts?
My thoughts? He’s playing awesome! He will be worth every penny of his contract if he keeps this play up.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Kyle Connor was a great find for the Jets, and signed at a decent price for the talent he brings now, and his potential talent. He has speed, a great stickhandler, and very accurate shot from in close, as you can see on breakaways. Very quick hands.

The only thing I can see him having to work on , is developing his "long shot" from around 20 -25 feet out from the net. I don't believe I've seen him score with a hard slap shot out a distance from the net, or a long wrister - most of his goals are in close, where he is surgical, and almost magic. Ehlers on the other hand is good from a distance out from the net -- but not near as good in close as Connor is.

I see Kyle having numerous 40 goal games --may hit the 50 mark, but needs to develop that long shot to do that -- maybe he can learn from Laine on that.

Kyle is probably "the best" in the NHL from 3-4 feet out from the net, with very little room to work with -- he has quick magic hands.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Connor signed long term is great , if Roslovic keeps trending up the way he is , man what a first round draft for Chevy and the Jets . Connor then Roslovic a few picks later , thanks Bruins .:naughty:

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
I see Kyle having numerous 40 goal games --may hit the 50 mark, but needs to develop that long shot to do that -- maybe he can learn from Laine on that.

Kyle is probably "the best" in the NHL from 3-4 feet out from the net, with very little room to work with -- he has quick magic hands.
If KFC is having numerous 40 and maybe even 50 goal games, he will be scoring from everywhere! :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He is not my favourite Jet, that’s for sure.

Has a hard time producing without Chef and Wheels and a boatload of toi - Even with pp1.

And gets’ thrown so so so many bones by Mo, on behalf of, imo, more deserving players.

Probably the only winger of the 3 youngens I would trade.

He is kinda like that younger spoiled brother, who always gets’ his way.

But, after I write this, just watch him go on a tear and set the league on fire:laugh:

Last edited:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
He is not my favourite Jet, that’s for sure.

Has a hard time producing without Chef and Wheels and a boatload of toi - Even with pp1.

And gets’ thrown so so so many bones by Mo, on behalf of, imo, more deserving players.

Probably the only winger of the 3 youngens I would trade.

He is kinda like that younger spoiled brother, who always gets’ his way.

But, after I write this, just watch him go on a tear and set the league on fire:laugh:
he will score more goals then laine and ehlers every year regardless of what line he is put on.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He so reminds me of Lafleur going down the ice with most of the players trying to catch up. Deking one way and then the other so fast your eyes can barely keep up. I'd hate to be a goalie with him skating towards me on a breakaway. Like a true goal scorer, he can go top shelf from just inches from the goal line. The fastest hands on the team.
I honestly believe that when Chevy sent him down at the beginning of the year when he was a rookie, Maurice wanted to keep him up. When he came back up Maurice put him on the top line and Chevy couldn't send him back down when MP? came back from injury...his play dictated that he play in the NHL...
I still wanna see Roslo between Ehlers and KC.

Reactions: GNP

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
When KFC heats up he is going to fill the net up with pucks.

KFC-11-Herbs-Spices-Firelog.gif

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
He so reminds me of Lafleur going down the ice with most of the players trying to catch up. Deking one way and then the other so fast your eyes can barely keep up. I'd hate to be a goalie with him skating towards me on a breakaway. Like a true goal scorer, he can go top shelf from just inches from the goal line. The fastest hands on the team.
I honestly believe that when Chevy sent him down at the beginning of the year when he was a rookie, Maurice wanted to keep him up. When he came back up Maurice put him on the top line and Chevy couldn't send him back down when MP? came back from injury...his play dictated that he play in the NHL...
I still wanna see Roslo between Ehlers and KC.

Great post 10 Ducky 10 -- and pretty much sums up Kyle Connor --and I to am waiting to see Ehlers teamed up with Roslo and Connor. What a dynamic speed line that would be --all can skate, and all can score.

Only downside is there may be a little to much talent all on one line ? Maybe it should be spread out thru 2 or 3 lines.

It would be an exciting line to see though.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
Connor is a great(borderline Elite)player. Great skater and stick stickhandler. Outstandingly efficient on the forecheck and board work.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Thoughts?

I think he will be rated extra highly today due to the morning after effect (yes, I know it is the morning after the morning after :laugh: ). That said and out of the way, I think he has shaken off the rust from the missed TC.

I think he needs to improve in a few areas but retain what he was already excelling at while he does it. One of his strengths was his forechecking. It is improving every game but is still not quite back to what it was at its peak.

He needs to work on his defensive game but I don't see that ever being a strength for him. He just needs to get it up to average level.

I think his biggest improvement will come as he learns to make better use of his linemates. He needs to set them up for more goals. I don't see him as a selfish player so it will come.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Great forechecker and incredible goalscorer! Might be the best penalty shooter in the league. Him having a 50 goal season at some point wouldn't surprise me. I think he needs to improve in his use of linemates (like Mort said) and then I really wish he would learn to use his speed better. He has similar wheels to Rosie and Ehlers but still tends to dump and chase a bit too much for my liking. Overall I'd say the peg is lucky to have him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad