Player Discussion: Kyle Connor is a machine.

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
Ahh I am mistaken.

Damn hope we can keep him

He has that players coach thing about him too.
Could be a Wheeler type guy in the future.

Reactions: Trilliann

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I agree, he must follow this up with another solid season, but he in no way shape or form should be saddled with lesser talent.

Connor has excelled at every level he has played at, no reason to think last season was a outlier. He wasn't playing opportunistic hockey, he earned his points.

If he is to be taken off that line, it will be for a Connor/Roslovic/ Ehlers speed kills lineup.
I wanna see him produce with different line mates before I break the bank for him.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Somehow this turned into a salary cap thread. Connor could get us super good value though, but he's a good guy so it'd be a huge loss either way.

But I demand a line of Connor-Roslovic-Ehlers happens at least three games this season, very confident that it could be an amazing line.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Somehow this turned into a salary cap thread. Connor could get us super good value though, but he's a good guy so it'd be a huge loss either way.

But I demand a line of Connor-Roslovic-Ehlers happens at least three games this season, very confident that it could be an amazing line.
I love the makings of that line too.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
I wanna see him produce with different line mates before I break the bank for him.

I don't entirely disagree with you... I cannot help but feel that you are not really giving an honest look at KC. His numbers are crazy. if your luckey you get a top 5 pick that can do what KC did.
His pedigree is almost unmatched. Rookie s don't destroy the NCAA like that or win the rookie scoring race...this wasn't some fluke season. This kid is the one you lock up.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Roslovic-Ehlers

My, oh my!

As much I would just love to see that happen, I am really horrified about the defensive game of that 2nd line. Though they are so amazingly fast that they should be able to backcheck if they made a mistake.

Nov 24, 2006
But I want to keep all of it. Jets are in a great position, though. Chevy needs to be savvy and judicious in his dealings now.

Man, we've come a long way from dumpster diving the waiver wire.

James Wright played 97 games for the Jets between 2012 and 2014, scoring 7 points.

It was the highlight of his career and the depth of my despair.

Let us never forget.

Reactions: cg98 and STZD

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I think Connor and Roslo have pretty good 2way games

I agree with Roslo, but Connor was the weakest link (defensively) in already weak(ish) (defensively) CSW line.

I'd even claim that Roslo has great 2-way game, but he has played 0 minutes so far as a NHL center.

Edit: as @Kyosama corrected Roslo indeed played as a center, even though a little bit. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I agree with Roslo, but Connor was the weakest link (defensively) in already weak(ish) (defensively) CSW line.

I'd even claim that Roslo has great 2-way game, but he has played 0 minutes so far as a NHL center.

He played one game as a center last year, it was his best game and he was very good defensively. But sample size.

Reactions: Halberdier

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
He played one game as a center last year, it was his best game and he was very good defensively. But sample size.

Thanks for the correction, somehow missed that, or forgot. I didn't watch every single game, but most of them at least.

Even when playing one game as a center is not a lot, it's a clear sign that they see he could do that. And that gives you hope that maybe after some unfortunate injuries Maurice just might use him as a center.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
His speed and forechecking always amazes me
Really glad this guy turned out well (thanks Boston!)

Jake Barnes

Apr 25, 2018
Winnipeg
If push comes to shove in terms of cap, I'm inclined to keep Connor over any forward not named Scheifele or Laine. I'm baised, though. I've been real high on Connor since I watched him play against Ehlers in the World Junior A Challenge back in 2014. I literally cheered when we drafted him. I think he's gonna have a very, very good career, hopefully entirely with us. I wouldn't be surprised if he flirts with 40 goals a few seasons and pushes 80 points regularly.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
His speed and forechecking always amazes me
Really glad this guy turned out well (thanks Boston!)

I was a little shocked by how sturdy the kid is. Very clear that his focus in the gym has been core and lower body which helps him a lot on the boards and with puck protection. With Connors ridiculous improvement in this area and Scheifs as well it seems (and I hope) that this is something that management pushes to their young developing players.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Connor will probably get a two year bridge deal coming off his ELC. After that he may get traded. A lot can change cap wise in 3 years though so it may be possible he could be retained. I’d be for moving him down the lineup and putting someone else with Scheifele and wheeler to see if he can drive a line with less help.

Keeping a 35 y.o Wheeler over Connor would be moronic.

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

But I demand a line of Connor-Roslovic, Ehlers happens at least three games this season, very confident that it could be an amazing line.

This would be one fast scary line to play against. I'd like to see Ehlers play with Connor, as few can keep up with Ehlers-- but I know Connor could. Once these guys got in sync with each other--they would be "mighty dangerous"--speed kills.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad