Proposal: Kyle Connor for Miro Heiskanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Sami Niku is the best Finnish defensive prospect.

AHL defenseman of the year >> 30 good games in a third tier euro league

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
While we need to see what Heis does in the NHL this year to really gauge his potential, this trade proposal is asinine at best. Not only would Dallas never trade Heis unless it's an absolute steal, they wouldn't gift a divisional rival a top pairing D-man for a non-elite 2nd year player.
How many rookies have scored 30+ goals in the last 5 years? Make a list and see where your ranking of those players are.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
"Hey, how about Heiskanen for Connor? Top d-man prospect for a young winger"

"No thanks, we'd rather keep Heiskanen in Dallas"

"OMG he's not even that good anyways, probably gonna bust, why are you guys totally overrating your prospects on this site?!"

That's pretty much this thread in a nutshell. Stars fans are more than happy to keep Heiskanen around.
One was the 8th ranked prospect that hasn't done anything in the NHL, (petterson is the top ranked prospect) the other is the top goal scoring rookie in the NHL last year. You should really be careful when you use the word top. 8th is not the top.

Reactions: Peggy

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Mr, I have watched every single Winnipeg game since last 2 seasons. So in no shape or form are his numbers a product of Scheif and Wheeler? So we could put him in the 4th line and not expect decreased point production? (Except for the decreased ice time...) ;)
Could you put wheeler on the 4th line withe a shutdown roll and he would get the same number of assists? What a stupid comparison.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Sami Niku is the best Finnish defensive prospect.

AHL defenseman of the year >> 30 good games in a third tier euro league
As a Finn and Jets fan who has followed both players for a few years now, it's quite clear that Heiskanen beats Niku in every aspect of the game. And that's not anything away from Niku, Heiskanen is just more promising prospect.

No doubt Chevy would trade Niku for Heiskanen in a heartbeat.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Lmao how on earth is 27 in 59 at 20 years remotely close to 23 in 30 at 18. That is a PPG of 0.46 compared to a PPG of 0.77... The player who produced at a rate 40% lower than the other was 2 years older. That is only considering the offensive side of things. Add in that Miro was seen as NHL ready defensively but needs to work on his offence and you end up with an insanely lopsided comparison...

The only thing you accomplished with this post is illustrating how little you know
Oh...he was seen as....that is proof right there. Why couldn't he make the NHL if he is as good as Dahlin. I can bet Dahlin will be in the show next year.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
One was the 8th ranked prospect that hasn't done anything in the NHL, (petterson is the top ranked prospect) the other is the top goal scoring rookie in the NHL last year. You should really be careful when you use the word top. 8th is not the top.

Wow, alright then. :laugh:

Listen.

I'm not sure where you're getting 8th from, but why not return to that list and count how many d-men are ahead of him.

I'm sure Dahlin is one, please report back your findings and list the others.

If you're going to be anal enough to jump on me for calling Heiskanen a "top d-man prospect", which he absolutely is, then you sir have won the semantic olympics.

Reactions: Ookhaab

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Oh...he was seen as....that is proof right there. Why couldn't he make the NHL if he is as good as Dahlin. I can bet Dahlin will be in the show next year.
Huh, who said Heiskanen is as good as Dahlin? Are you just making stuff up as you go?

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Could you put wheeler on the 4th line withe a shutdown roll and he would get the same number of assists? What a stupid comparison.
Dude, talking about the quality of players. So difficult to understand?

And yes, Wheeler/Scheif could carry lesser players and I'm not sure if Connor can or ever will.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Why are people still quoting the out-of-date TSN prospect ranking? Heiskanen's #8 ranking was posted in early February, after he had an underwhelming WJC thanks to his nagging injury, but before he recovered and looked great in the Olympics, WHC, and remainder of the Liiga season and playoffs.

Find a more current list which takes all of last season into account before you argue about rankings

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Dude, talking about the quality of players. So difficult to understand?

And yes, Wheeler/Scheif could carry lesser players and I'm not sure if Connor can or ever will.
You are quite the piece of work...didnt need the dude to figure that out. Move Dano and petan up to the first line and let's see what wheeler does against top rated opposition. Connor played there cause he produced. No one else has...and they have tried all sorts of players. Glad you have been watching hockey for 2 years though.

Reactions: Pongs21 and Peggy

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Why is he the 2nd best d prospect? Ppl thought Noah Hanifin was gonna be better than Werenski and Provorov also.
Because what he has done so far is a large step a head of every other D prospect? Because offence was his only weakness in his draft year and he followed that up by absolutely killing it offensively? If you dont think he is the #2 D prospect then you simply havent done enough research because his body of work so far is better than every Dman not named Dahlin and his past season was actually more impressive than Dahlins but just about everyone and their mother agrees that Rasmus has more potential

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Jets fans actually arguing are delusional.

This should've been locked minutes after it was posted.

the whole point of a forum is to have discussion
so I'm glad you're not a mod because you'd lock everything then

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Because what he has done so far is a large step a head of every other D prospect? Because offence was his only weakness in his draft year and he followed that up by absolutely killing it offensively? If you dont think he is the #2 D prospect then you simply havent done enough research because his body of work so far is better than every Dman not named Dahlin and his past season was actually more impressive than Dahlins but just about everyone and their mother agrees that Rasmus has more potential

and Kyle connor was the leading rookie goal scorer in the nhl

guess that means f*** all tho

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
and Kyle connor was the leading rookie goal scorer in the nhl

guess that means **** all tho

He's a winger at the end of day which really hurts his value, unless you want to compare him to prime Ovy/Kane on potential.

In his 1st rookie season Connor scored 5 points in 20 games, why does that never get mentioned?

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Why are people still quoting the out-of-date TSN prospect ranking? Heiskanen's #8 ranking was posted in early February, after he had an underwhelming WJC thanks to his nagging injury, but before he recovered and looked great in the Olympics, WHC, and remainder of the Liiga season and playoffs.

Find a more current list which takes all of last season into account before you argue about rankings
Outdated rankings as in they didn't include Dahlin and svechnickov which would likely push him down the ranks or prospects even more if they were included? Good point.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
1. he was concussed during training camp... so we decided to just leave him in Europe.

2. I never said last year he was as good as Dahlin last year... I said right now based on this past year he is at that level.

3. "I can bet Dahlin will be in the show next year." Well you can also bet that Heiskanen will be in the show next year...

4. "he was seen as...that is proof right there" Not sure if you are aware but when talking about prospects thats all you have to go off. So saying "he was seen as being NHL ready defensively at the draft" is 100% reasonable when talking about a prospect

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
He's a winger at the end of day which really hurts his value, unless you want to compare him to prime Ovy/Kane on potential.

In his 1st rookie season Connor scored 5 points in 20 games, why does that never get mentioned?

because it's almost an anomaly at this point.
scheifele didn't have a great start of his career either
I'm sure someone else has more details tho

and that's why the OP proposed to add tho

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
because it's almost an anomaly at this point.
scheifele didn't have a great start of his career either
I'm sure someone else has more details tho

and that's why the OP proposed to add tho

It's till his 1st try of rookie season.

I always struggle a bit when fans scream about these rookie seasons when they've had plenty of experience from AHL/NHL before.
It's not the same situation as for someone who gets raised from the juniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad