Proposal: Kyle Connor for Miro Heiskanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Sami Niku hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Sami Niku... 7th rd pick. Big numbers in the A in his rookie year. Great numbers the year prior in the Finnish league

Miro Heiskanen hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Heiskanen

Pretty damn similar numbers in the Finnish league to Niku

Just saying. Is Niku the 4th best D prospect if Heiskanen is the 3rd?

Lmao how on earth is 27 in 59 at 20 years remotely close to 23 in 30 at 18. That is a PPG of 0.46 compared to a PPG of 0.77... The player who produced at a rate 40% lower than the other was 2 years older. That is only considering the offensive side of things. Add in that Miro was seen as NHL ready defensively but needs to work on his offence and you end up with an insanely lopsided comparison...

The only thing you accomplished with this post is illustrating how little you know

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Because he's superior to Juolevi?

He's the youngest ever to win D-man of the year in Liiga, played 25mins in the regular season and 26mins in the playoffs, against the best and dominated the ice. Played both at the Olympics& Worlds while being one of the best blueliners for his national team.

Elite skating, elite IQ.
But yeah.
What does him being superior to Juolevi have anything to do with anything?
I'm not taking shots at Heiskanen. I'm saying he'll be a solid #2. That's my opinion. You're acting like he's an NHL proven #1 Dman already. Slow down.You need to lower expectations a tad on Heiskanen....

phil7488

We're back
Mar 3, 2011
DFW
While we need to see what Heis does in the NHL this year to really gauge his potential, this trade proposal is asinine at best. Not only would Dallas never trade Heis unless it's an absolute steal, they wouldn't gift a divisional rival a top pairing D-man for a non-elite 2nd year player.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
You probably have never even seen the guy play. I remember when Honka was supposed to be this great defenseman prospect. He's barely average.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I'm not taking shots at Heiskanen. I'm saying he'll be a solid #2. That's my opinion. You're acting like he's an NHL proven #1 Dman already. Slow down.You need to lower expectations a tad on Heiskanen....
. If you actually beileve an 18 year old who was the BEST DEFENSEMAN in the whole league and lead the whole league in ice time , had close to a point per game doesn’t have superstar potential than Idk what defenseman does have superstar potential to you .Go ahead try and find an 18 year old who has won best dman in any professional hockey league . He didn’t do that in the ohl or NCAA , he did it in the top men’s league in Finland and one of the best leagues in Europe . Sure there is always potential with any player to be a bust but to say he doesn’t have superstar potential is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard on here .

Reactions: Kuola

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You probably have never even seen the guy play. I remember when Honka was supposed to be this great defenseman prospect. He's barely average.

Honka's reputation has been ruined by being misused at the NHL level. Put him on a team that uses him right and he has the talent to put up some big numbers.

Right after you lower yours for Pettersson. Everyone can have their opinion on how good they think a player will be. Your opinion is very much in the minority when it comes to Heiskanen

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Why is this thread still a thing?
No GM in their right mind trades Heiskanen for Connor.
That isn't an insult to Connor.
It just wouldn't happen, especially within the division. 16pages of bickering doesn't change it

Reactions: Nate070

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

And that shows you don't watch him.

Again,

Best D-man in Liiga, youngest ever to win it,
25 mins& 26mins average icetimes for him in Liiga,
Played both in Olympics& Worlds and was one of Finlands best blueliners,
elite IQ+ elite skating.

yet we overrate him here and he should be seen as future #2D? We HF posters didn't give him the award, we HF posters didn't pick him to our national team, we HF posters didn't make Dallas Gm to have him off the table for trades.
What the hell do you have to do to have #1D ceiling?

I haven't said any quarantees for Heiskanen and what he will become.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
And that shows you don't watch him.

Again,

Best D-man in Liiga, youngest ever to win it,
25 mins& 26mins average icetimes for him in Liiga,
Played both in Olympics& Worlds and was one of Finlands best blueliners,
elite IQ+ elite skating.

yet we overrate him here and he should be seen as future #2D? We HF posters didn't give him the award, we HF posters didn't pick him to our national team, we HF posters didn't make Dallas Gm to have him off the table for trades.
What the hell do you have to do to have #1D ceiling?

I haven't said any quarantees for Heiskanen and what he will become.
Everyone's misunderstanding what I am saying. He has #1 d potential but I think he'll turn out to be a solid #2 defenceman. What is wrong with that opinion? I don't think he has the offence to be a bonafide #1 like Doughty for example

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Everyone's misunderstanding what I am saying. He has #1 d potential but I think he'll turn out to be a solid #2 defenceman. What is wrong with that opinion? I don't think he has the offence to be a bonafide #1 like Doughty for example

He only scored at a + .70 point pace in pro league as a 18y while playing the toughest minutes, that just doesn't happen in Liiga.

Heiskanen is build for todays NHL.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
. If you actually beileve an 18 year old who was the BEST DEFENSEMAN in the whole league and lead the whole league in ice time , had close to a point per game doesn’t have superstar potential than Idk what defenseman does have superstar potential to you .Go ahead try and find an 18 year old who has won best dman in any professional hockey league . He didn’t do that in the ohl or NCAA , he did it in the top men’s league in Finland and one of the best leagues in Europe . Sure there is always potential with any player to be a bust but to say he doesn’t have superstar potential is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard on here .
Maybe we have different definitions on superstars. Karlsson, Hedman, Doughty etc are superstars. I see him being a Vlasic type which is a phenominal defender. Maybe even a #1 to some people. He has ELITE potential. I wouldn't say superstar potential though. I could be wrong it's just my OPINION ffs.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
He only scored at a + .70 point pace in pro league as a 18y while playing the toughest minutes, that just doesn't happen in Liiga.
Oh in that case he's the next Bobby Orr.

Stop acting like Liiga is comparable to the NHL. It's not even the 3rd best league in the world.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
I’ve watched every NHL game Connor has every played. In no way shape or form are his numbers a product of Wheeler and Scheifele. He’s a great player in his own right, and his game compliments them. He is not a product of them. If it wasn’t for Connor on his wing Wheeler never hits close to 91 points.

This is where watching the games is important, not just watching stat sheets. Connor is going to be something special. I would not be surprised if he’s the Jets best winger in 5 years and that on a team with Laine and Ehlers. His style of game is perfect for finding success at the NHL level. You’ll see next year :)
Mr, I have watched every single Winnipeg game since last 2 seasons. So in no shape or form are his numbers a product of Scheif and Wheeler? So we could put him in the 4th line and not expect decreased point production? (Except for the decreased ice time...) ;)

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

Stop acting like Liiga is comparable to the NHL. It's not even the 3rd best league in the world.

No one is acting like it's comparable to the NHL. No one who's been in that league at the age of Heiskanen then went to the NHL ever accomplished what he did. That alone doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be an elite NHL player. It's just more strong supporting evidence.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Yeah that's exactly what I said.

You questioned his offense when he's scoring like no one else in Liiga.
So he would have had to have a 50 point rookie season in the NHL so you wouldn't question his offense?

I hope you question every junior players offensive ceiling after all they play in inferior leagues.

Hell yeah.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
I love Heiskanen but man i hope he doesnt bust cuz holy overrating going on in here.
Haven't seen any overrating here? For a 2nd best defenseman prospect at the moment, i think he gets quite fairly rated on hfboards.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Why is he the 2nd best d prospect? Ppl thought Noah Hanifin was gonna be better than Werenski and Provorov also.
At the moment what he has shown in Liiga, WJC and Olympics, statswise and actually watching him play, i don't see any other defenseman prospect ahead of him, except for Dahlin of course.

And we are obviously talking about projections here. That's what prospect means.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I love Heiskanen but man i hope he doesnt bust cuz holy overrating going on in here.

"Hey, how about Heiskanen for Connor? Top d-man prospect for a young winger"

"No thanks, we'd rather keep Heiskanen in Dallas"

"OMG he's not even that good anyways, probably gonna bust, why are you guys totally overrating your prospects on this site?!"

That's pretty much this thread in a nutshell. Stars fans are more than happy to keep Heiskanen around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad