Waived: Kyle Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retail1LO*

What a colossal failure this was... We have had a lot of late round success to make this one hurt less but looking at the names of some of the guys we could have drafted still makes this sting a little.

Erik Karlsson, Michael Del Zotto, Jordan Eberle, Tyler Ennis, John Carlson...

All would have been an improvement. That said, looking at that first round, there are a lot of teams that didn't get much value out of their pick.

What a draft that was. 18 picks made by teams who didn't originally hold the pick.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Erik Karlsson, Michael Del Zotto, Jordan Eberle, Tyler Ennis, John Carlson...

All would have been an improvement. That said, looking at that first round, there are a lot of teams that didn't get much value out of their pick.

What a draft that was. 18 picks made by teams who didn't originally hold the pick.

Not to mention guys like Voynov/Stepan late in 1st/early 2nd

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Cuts have began.

I'm not surprised they're sending him to the AHL (unless he's claimed, which I doubt he would be) - I just thought they'd give him a longer look.

I had such high hopes for Beach - total bust.

I was expecting him to be a Saad (thank God we got Saad)....

Beach is certainly one of the bigger busts in CBH drafting history (as far as hype around the draft/rankings)...

At least the Hawks corrected their mistake with drafting Saad - not that their intuition was any better considering they took 3 players ahead of him - and at one point he was projected as a top 10 pick.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I had such high hopes for Beach - total bust.

I was expecting him to be a Saad (thank God we got Saad)....

Beach is certainly one of the bigger busts in CBH drafting history (as far as hype around the draft/rankings)...

At least the Hawks corrected their mistake with drafting Saad - not that their intuition was any better considering they took 3 players ahead of him - and at one point he was projected as a top 10 pick.

Thank god we had that pick because the leafs needed their 2010 2nd back to threaten an offer sheet on Kessel.

LandofLincoln*

Beach is back

Beach making a statement game against the Wolves last night.

Kyle Beach pulls off the hat trick with the 3rd goal being a shortie. He actually had 4 goals one earlier was called off that hit the crossbar.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Beach making a statement game against the Wolves last night.

Kyle Beach pulls off the hat trick with the 3rd goal being a shortie. He actually had 4 goals one earlier was called off that hit the crossbar.

Meh, good luck. Smith looks great, Q loves Bollig, and Bickell will return this season. Doesn't seem like Beach would even get a shot at this point.

LandofLincoln*

Meh, good luck. Smith looks great, Q loves Bollig, and Bickell will return this season. Doesn't seem like Beach would even get a shot at this point.

Our fourth line has been outstanding. Beach probably deserves a look, but no room for him on the Blackhawks. I'm glad that he had a big game. I still think he can be a servicable 4th liner in the NHL. You can't teach a guy size and Beach has always had the right size.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Our fourth line has been outstanding. Beach probably deserves a look, but no room for him on the Blackhawks. I'm glad that he had a big game. I still think he can be a servicable 4th liner in the NHL. You can't teach a guy size and Beach has always had the right size.

He probably can be, I just don't see Q favoring him over a fourth liner who already knows the system and has a ring. All Beach is really doing right now is increasing his trade value.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Man what a team! With all the talent we have, and their great work ethic, we still have young guys pushing young guys.

Could not be happier with the newbies; Pirri, Moran and even Raanta to date, to go along with Saad from last year and even Bollig has improved so much.

I have to pinch myself at times.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013

I think the 3rd line has been "off" all year.

I can see a scenario where 29/23 (two guys with gimpy knees) get hurt or are not skating well- and Beach finally getting a chance.

Kyle has been kicked around (mostly deserved)- but I really did think he looked decent in camp. Wouldn't mind him getting 4-7 games- and see it play out.

37 isn't doing much for me on 3rd- he is more effective with "the Dangler" Kane.
Kane does a better job hiding 37's weaknesses.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I keep waiting and hoping that Beach will somehow realize his potential and this is, finally, a positive sign. However, we have to remember that these were his first goals of the season. In addition, he hadn't dressed for a few games before this. I don't know it for a fact but I suspect that he was a healthy scratch.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Ted Dent told Chris Block that the reason Beach was scratched for the past 5 or so games was on/off ice conduct.

It's a shame as there are so many good things going on in Chicago, and the guy seems to do any and everything he can to never get there...

I mean there were red flags...with him and Aliu, and it seems if you B.S during the interview phase Tallon took the kids at their word..

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
It's a shame as there are so many good things going on in Chicago, and the guy seems to do any and everything he can to never get there...

I mean there were red flags...with him and Aliu, and it seems if you B.S during the interview phase Tallon took the kids at their word..

Lets see if we can make this a hate Tallon thread, too.....

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Lets see if we can make this a hate Tallon thread, too.....

I thought you were going to stick to the topic of the thread ? You just said that ?

I think pointing out the guy had a history that made him a risk is worth noting based up him acting out in said manner.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I beg your pardon. You seem to have an advantage over me. You see I am not privy to what was said during player interviews as you seem to be.

Whatever. You believe what you like and I will as well. Merry Christmas.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Look Rick....he had a history and it was no secret so no sarcasm is necessary. Now I have been one of the more hopeful people around here that Beach would "get it" and live up to his potential.

Hearing that this far along his is still acting the fool I think you can agree is quite disappointing. I thought his getting engaged might settle him down some and give him some perspective... I suppose I was wrong.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
I was flipping over to the wolves-hogs game between periods and heard the wolves play-by-play man say that Beach was told by Hawks management he was no longer in the organizations plans after training camp.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I was flipping over to the wolves-hogs game between periods and heard the wolves play-by-play man say that Beach was told by Hawks management he was no longer in the organizations plans after training camp.

That sure doesn't sound like a very good example of asset management. We don't want you around here. Now go out there and do your best playing with our prized prospects for the rest of the year.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
That sure doesn't sound like a very good example of asset management. We don't want you around here. Now go out there and do your best playing with our prized prospects for the rest of the year.

It looks like they're stuck with each other this year. The hawks sent him to Sweden,that didn't work out for whatever reason. Beach is making 110K in the AHL,so he's not quitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad