Waived: Kyle Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I loved the idea of what Beach could become but unfortunately some big men never get much better than they were when you drafted them. It's the risk you take because when it does pay off, you have a player few teams in the league have. It is encouraging that he is in great shape though, and I hope he stays in the organization. He could still carve out a career of some sort, albeit limited playing time.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I wonder if there's any chance Tallon, or even Bergevin, claim him. He is on a 1yr 550k contarct.

My initial thought was he wouldn't be claimed...but I think he might be :dunno:

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Shame that he couldn't get his **** together. I wonder if he gets claimed. Someone will see him as a reclamation project.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I'm some team out there thinks they can do a better job with him.

I'd bet Tallon, Burke, and Nonis probably think they could

Every year his chances of cracking the Hawks just seem that much slimmer.

He might make the show one day, but I don't see much reason to think it will be here.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'd bet Tallon, Burke, and Nonis probably think they could

Every year his chances of cracking the Hawks just seem that much slimmer.

He might make the show one day, but I don't see much reason to think it will be here.

If he gets claimed off waivers, doesn't he have to play on the NHL team? The team who claims him can just put him in the AHL can they?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
They can assign him to the AHL..but he will have to pass through waivers again. Last year, Boychuk was waived by CAR, picked up by PIT (I think) and then PIT waived him and then CAR claimed him and waived him again, or something to that effect.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There's just nothing there to see, unfortunately.

Perhaps so but Beach is still young as (effective) power forwards go, and he has shown improvement in this camp. I won't be surprised if he gets picked up by Dale or another GM.

I'd start my "grit" rant about Hawks giving away certain players that don't fit into the mould of the typical Hawk, and how Hawks continue to get pushed around in this pre-season, but I'll hold off for now.... Somehow, it seems to be working.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Beach isnt going to improve the grit aspect though. He will hit players with dirty hits, and go to the corners, but he isnt a Lucic or Clarkson type of player. Not even close imo.

He cycles the puck well, is strong on his skates, and has a really good shot, thats about it.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Perhaps so but Beach is still young as (effective) power forwards go, and he has shown improvement in this camp. I won't be surprised if he gets picked up by Dale or another GM.

I'd start my "grit" rant about Hawks giving away certain players that don't fit into the mould of the typical Hawk, and how Hawks continue to get pushed around in this pre-season, but I'll hold off for now.... Somehow, it seems to be working.

I have not seen it, maybe you could be more specific?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Just doesn't seem to be an NHLer. Shame, but I'm sure that no one's more depressed about that than Beach.

Best of luck to him.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Good riddance? Beach never played a game for the Hawks.. it's not his fault Tallon couldn't draft to save his life.

I'm glad he's a soon-to-be an ex-Hawks organization member. He was a plug wasting one of our 50 roster spots and couldn't even crack the lineup for us one game. A guy with that much talent should not have not made the NHL. He can go be a headcase somewhere else.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Alot of hate for Beach on here. I'm disappointed its gone this way, I hope the guy finds some success in the league. I saw him play in the WHL alot, he's got a cannon of a shot, Ray Ferraro NHL analyst said Beach had an NHL shot at 18.

I was happy as hell when we drafted him and the Canucks passed on him, at that time it looked like a steal. Good luck Kyle. Just don't sign with Vancouver( even though hes from North Van) and pot 30+ with the Sedins. Go East young man, DT is waiting.

Nothingman*

Looks like he has passed, since he has now been assigned to Rockford.

Well....that says something. But it might be more of a product of the cap being lower and teams not having room for the luxury of an underperformed/reclamation project.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Beach

You could point to some injuries derailing him, but last year he was reasonably healthy and didn't do a whole lot. He's got size and attitude, but really isn't very tough. He's one of those guys though where things might click for him later in life and he might be able to etch something out with a lesser, rebuilding team eventually. He's probably one bad fight away from retiring anyway since he has a history of concussions. There were visions of a Bertuzzi type player, but they have long been silenced. Never say never though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce