Waived: Kyle Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I actually thought Beach showed signs of life. And I am not a Beach fan- but thought he played well in camp and pre-season. But then he would make the blind pass/turnover going toward the Hawks Zone- Just like Pirri did last nite (which led to tie game in 3rd). Q will not tolerate that type of play!

Anyways- perhaps Hawks want beach to go to Europe and learn how to skate better. Just a thought. Perhaps- the bigger ice will make him realize that turnovers= more skating/chasing! I don't know- but I think Hawks think he will learn something there!

He had every opportunity to improve under Paul Vincent... players don't go to Europe in season for skating instruction.

It's a lottery ticket move, out of sight out of mind, unless by some miracle it pays off.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Why would someone think sending Beach to play on big ice would be good?

I actually thought Beach showed signs of life. And I am not a Beach fan- but thought he played well in camp and pre-season. But then he would make the blind pass/turnover going toward the Hawks Zone- Just like Pirri did last nite (which led to tie game in 3rd). Q will not tolerate that type of play!

Anyways- perhaps Hawks want beach to go to Europe and learn how to skate better. Just a thought. Perhaps- the bigger ice will make him realize that turnovers= more skating/chasing! I don't know- but I think Hawks think he will learn something there!

He had every opportunity to improve under Paul Vincent... players don't go to Europe in season for skating instruction.

It's a lottery ticket move, out of sight out of mind, unless by some miracle it pays off.

Beach has learned how to skate and make fewer turnovers in less than 30 days. WOW, they must have great coaches out there, JA!

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Beach, of course, wants to play Thursday night. Head coach Ted Dent was noncommittal.

"We'll get him a few practices and go from there," he said. "We know his game. For Kyle to be successful here, he's got to move his feet, play with speed, stay out of the after-the-whistle stuff, and just play hockey — shoot the puck as much as possible because he has a wicked shot."

Perhaps he just needs to watch Saad and see what it takes to make the team and stick.

I read in his scouting report " Kyle Beach is one of the top forwards in this year’s draft and is probably the most competitive – from the blue line in there is no one that competes like him. " Yet in the admitted handful of games I have seen him play in, I have not seen a hunger or desire to go get the puck from the blue-line in. What I see him do is float and seem to hope somebody gets him the puck.

I want him to make it just so the Hawks don't have a wasted pick. I understand it happens...in the same draft the kings took Teubert @ 13, and he is all but a bust. The Preds took Chet Pickard @ 18 and he is a total bust. Myers who was picked right after Beach had a nice rookie season, then cashed in and isn't playing up to his salary. So while these things do happen to teams I just care about what happens to the Hawks.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
Part company with him would be best. Toledo next best. No way he should take ice time away from anyone at Rockford.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He won't get it with this franchise - if he ever does. He's going to need a change of scenery and a look at the reality that he's going to be out of hockey by thirty if he doesn't shape up.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
The last excuses for the Hawks to hold onto him died out with the emergence of Saad and to a lesser extent Playoff Bickell.

I'm a little surprised that he still hasn't been traded. Yet.

Nothingman*

Nope, if someone is waived and another team picks them up, they become property of that team at no expense.

You would think, based on that alone, that the Beach fanboys would accept he is a bust.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
But if he is picked up on waivers he has to stay on the NHL roster for the year.

Doan Jidion*

Not necessarily. He'd just have to clear waivers again.

Nothingman*

Can't say I have seen or heard of any Beach fanboys for the last 2 years or so.

I just pulled a thread up from mid-July this year. There are still a couple hangers on. That thread also had some funny (now) commentaries on Pirri. Hindsight is awesome!

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I haven’t seen enough of Beach to comment about his game and he certainly didn’t stand out in the few RFD games I’ve watched, but you folks seem a tad harsh in writing off a 23 year old potential PF that can snipe (according to reports). Immaturity seems to be his worst enemy (He certainly wouldn’t be the first immature 23 year old to blossom late). It does sound like he needs a change of scenery for sure. It’s too bad, because it wasn’t long ago that many were excited by his potential. However, I can’t help but wonder. If Bollig and Mills can play with the Hawks, why is Beach written off so easily?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'm still a Beach Fanboy. Still hope he'll do well and still will defend him. It just seems he's a bit slow in his head to realize the chances he has been given ;)

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
I haven’t seen enough of Beach to comment about his game and he certainly didn’t stand out in the few RFD games I’ve watched, but you folks seem a tad harsh in writing off a 23 year old potential PF that can snipe (according to reports). Immaturity seems to be his worst enemy (He certainly wouldn’t be the first immature 23 year old to blossom late). It does sound like he needs a change of scenery for sure. It’s too bad, because it wasn’t long ago that many were excited by his potential. However, I can’t help but wonder. If Bollig and Mills can play with the Hawks, why is Beach written off so easily?

I am not a Beach fan- but really thought he played well enough in camp and pre- to get a shot. And yes he still is young enough.

Agree if Bollig and Mills can play,,, it has to be that the Hawks want him to be 4th line type (boring, responsible, and never take a chance) and Beach keeps fighting those thoughts w bad no look passes and centering passes/shots. Or he has really bad IQ.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
What a colossal failure this was... We have had a lot of late round success to make this one hurt less but looking at the names of some of the guys we could have drafted still makes this sting a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad