Waived: Kyle Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
It looks like they're stuck with each other this year. The hawks sent him to Sweden,that didn't work out for whatever reason. Beach is making 110K in the AHL,so he's not quitting.

Beach was just an injury replacement in Sweden and there was really no actual plan for him to stay there any longer than necessary.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Such a bust...

I had high hopes for him when he was drafted.

The Hawks have gotten a lot of value out of their later round picks so I suppose a guy like Shaw or Hammer makes up for drafting a bust like Beach.

I will say - Beach was his own worst enemy... He probably would have made it in the NHL pre-lockout (first lockout) tho...

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
He needs to become a regular in the AHL before getting a sniff in the NHL. Too little too late for him, imo.

No matter what you think about Beach's NHL future, bust status, or just in general as a hockey player/person.. there's little doubt he's an AHL regular.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Given how things have gone for him as a pro, how many more years do you think he sticks it out in the A?

He seems fairly upbeat from what I can tell just reading what he puts on twitter. He makes six figures to play hockey, I doubt he has too many other skills.. as long he stays in shape, I don't see why he wouldn't keep playing in the AHL or go over to Sweden or something like that.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
No matter what you think about Beach's NHL future, bust status, or just in general as a hockey player/person.. there's little doubt he's an AHL regular.

He's certainly got the ability to be an AHL lifer, but organizations may not want a guy like Beach as the "veteran presence" around their kids.

He will be playing professional hockey for the next half decade if he wishes though.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
I hope he has no success whatsover. He's a bully and the kind of person that gives our sport a bad name.
How ironic.

Edit: After reading through this thread, it really puts things into perspective as a spectator.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I hope we all can better our outlook for underperforming players who we have absolute zero idea on their personal life and the impact it has on/off the ice.

Last edited:

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
A lot of really stupid takes in this thread with the benefit of hindsight.

Never understood why we have to personally attack professional atheletes like they owe us their skill or something. You never know the full details of why situations end up the way they do and it's very easy to project criticism when we are all simply fans. Imagine reading some of these comments if they were directed towards you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad