Friedman: Kyle’s Summer of “Kawhi”

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
OK bud. You're right. The Leafs have great depth. Should have a good Cup run this year.
Why are you moving the goal posts? You made the claim that they have no depth, I put the numbers out there. Then you ignore the point I made, I call you out, and then go on about cup runs?

I don't give a flying f*** if the Leafs never win a cup again, and I never made any claim about their ability to win a cup in this thread, but making a false claim based off of rhetoric is just that.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Why are you moving the goal posts? You made the claim that they have no depth, I put the numbers out there. Then you ignore the point I made, I call you out, and then go on about cup runs?

I don't give a flying f*** if the Leafs never win a cup again, and I never made any claim about their ability to win a cup in this thread, but making a false claim based off of rhetoric is just that.
Because your numbers are a joke and I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you for an hour when your standard for good depth is 25 point players.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Nylander is gone ... and we all know it. He's got value, 2 years left at a fair number, good even. You've got to turn him into a top 4 man with bite and experience, maybe a little playoff ice in his veins.
Yup. If there is one thing a cash strapped team can do in the mid-to-late 1st, its draft high scoring wingers that drop because of size

What you can almost never get is a top pair calibre defenseman with playoff experience. It takes usually 6-7 years for most defensemen to get to that level.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
tumblr_pv4leakNAt1qztfrho3_r1_540.gif
grifter

Reactions: Space Coyote

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Pull up the 2018 roster. Compare it to the current.

People were fired up we were 4th in league. Not getting to the next level is on Keefe more than Dubas.

Reactions: kerrabria

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Wasn’t Derozen, when traded for Kawi, the Raptors best player? So is Friedman implying Matthews is the guy on the move?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Yes. I'm arguing about the topic of the Leafs. Not your post history. Good point. :laugh:
Right! So I'm still waiting for something to refute my point on the Leafs depth besides "I don't give af about your fancy numbers" (aka the points they produced) and ignoring all the examples I gave and twisting my words.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Right! So I'm still waiting for something to refute my point on the Leafs depth besides "I don't give af about your fancy numbers" (aka the points they produced) and ignoring all the examples I gave and twisting my words.
At the risk of redundancy, trying to argue with a guy who thinks 25 points is good depth production for a Cup contender is a waste of time.

Maybe if we go around in this circle a few more times you'll grasp that concept. Congrats. Toronto's depth players had Michael Rasmussen points.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
At the risk of redundancy, trying to argue with a guy who thinks 25 points is good depth production for a Cup contender is a waste of time.

Maybe if we go around in this circle a few more times you'll grasp that concept. Congrats. Your depth players had Michael Rasmussen points.
I will go through my post again point by point.
I actually cannot f***ing believe I have to defend the Leafs on this one. Bunting 63 pts at 1.475m, Kerfoot 51 pts at a 3.5m cap hit, Kase 27 pts in 50 games at 1.25m, Spezza 25 pts at league min, Mikheyev under 2m to provide 21 goals in 53 games, etc. Yes their top guys are being paid, but to say the Leafs have poor depth is just repeating rhetoric.

The guy has been able to consistently bring in quality depth on the cheap. Yes he flunked out on Ritchie, but he has had quite a lot of wins too. I sure as hell wish Calgary's gm could sign 20 goal scorers and 60 pt getters for scraps.
You literally nit picked one example and ignored the 4 others I gave.

When your trying to make a point by picking out one thing and ignoring the 3 other players I brought up with significantly more production lol. Like come on man, you just intentionally ignored the overall point to make yourself feel better or something?

And since when is 25 pts bad for a depth guy who plays bottom 6 minutes?
Again I didn't say it was good. Also interesting point you bring up about Tampa Bay's depth...

Maroon had 27 pts... Bellmare had 20 pts... like ya that's bottom 6 production.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Realistically what does it take to get JT Miller? I'm assuming Nylander may have to go back the other way or some of Toronto's few good prospects/picks?
Just after a Brief look at your team/farm system

Kerfoot, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, Knies, Villenueve, Liljigren are the pieces that I can see being mismatched to make an offer

Something like Kerfoot, 2022 1st, Liljigren, Knies seems reasonable

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I will go through my post again point by point.

You literally nit picked one example and ignored the 4 others I gave.

Again I didn't say it was good. Also interesting point you bring up about Tampa Bay's depth...

Maroon had 27 pts... Bellmare had 20 pts... like ya that's bottom 6 production.

I apologize failing to acknowledge Bunting, the depth player, being married to Auston Matthews' wing the whole year, and Spezza racking up 40% of his whopping 25 points on the PP.

Again, you're correct. The Leafs depth is fine and they're poised for a Cup run this year.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Foligno trade was a massive mistake. Won’t see me fighting on that one. Thought the leafs went full dumb on that one trading for “grit”.

Kadri trade looks bad if you look at his production THIS season, but kerfoot is still a good piece they have cost controlled for another year.

Bunting “established” with 26 nhl games lmao.

Massive overpayments for a… 60 goal scorer… and 97 pt getter… and under 7m for 81 pts is overpayment now? Okay then. I sure as hell don’t have problems with a gm paying those guys lol.

TJ Brodie is a top pairing rhd they got for 6x5. “Not fixing the right side” my ass.

Keeping a broken down Marleau to lose valuable depth pieces… imagine the field day hf would’ve had on that one. Yes kap ended up being traded after that season… which they got a 15th overall pick for. Jarvis is a nice player, but again dubas didn’t sign Marleau. He played his hand as best as he could on that one.

No gm is perfect. Nice to know us flames fans are leafs apologists now LMAO.

You don’t get the same kapanen trade in that scenario though lol. He would’ve had to be have been traded in 2018-19 and the leaf’s would’ve had 0 leverage.

Johnssen and kapanen were 20 goal scorers… your telling me without hindsight it’s better to trade those two to keep Marleau?
Considering those are depth pieces yes it’s better to keep your 1st round pick than guys who made close to zero difference to your team.

The Kadri trade looks bad bo matter how you look at it too. Even worse when you realize he was the only one with any shred of compete or physicality in your top 9

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Foligno trade was a massive mistake. Won’t see me fighting on that one. Thought the leafs went full dumb on that one trading for “grit”.

Kadri trade looks bad if you look at his production THIS season, but kerfoot is still a good piece they have cost controlled for another year.

Bunting “established” with 26 nhl games lmao.

Massive overpayments for a… 60 goal scorer… and 97 pt getter… and under 7m for 81 pts is overpayment now? Okay then. I sure as hell don’t have problems with a gm paying those guys lol.

TJ Brodie is a top pairing rhd they got for 6x5. “Not fixing the right side” my ass.

Keeping a broken down Marleau to lose valuable depth pieces… imagine the field day hf would’ve had on that one. Yes kap ended up being traded after that season… which they got a 15th overall pick for. Jarvis is a nice player, but again dubas didn’t sign Marleau. He played his hand as best as he could on that one.

No gm is perfect. Nice to know us flames fans are leafs apologists now LMAO.

You don’t get the same kapanen trade in that scenario though lol. He would’ve had to be have been traded in 2018-19 and the leaf’s would’ve had 0 leverage.

Johnssen and kapanen were 20 goal scorers… your telling me without hindsight it’s better to trade those two to keep Marleau?
Not arguing with you but hes not RHD... hes a LHD playing on the right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad